Couture and Knees

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Couture and Knees
nubby
5/1/07 1:03:55PM
I don't think I've ever seen Couture throw a knee. If they reinstituted knees to downed opponents, how much would this help Couture?
the-james
5/1/07 2:01:04PM
he kneed van arsdale in the soulders multiple times during their fight, and knees on the ground would deffinitly be a good thing for couture
methodman_90
5/1/07 5:36:23PM
Couture would benefit alot from knees on the ground and could combine it with his GnP.
pv3Hpv3p
5/1/07 5:46:28PM
I think it'd work out great for him... Any dominant wrestler would like to have more tools to use in a N/S position, IMO
Ultimate_fighter
5/2/07 1:25:50AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I think it'd work out great for him... Any dominant wrestler would like to have more tools to use in a N/S position, IMO

I also think that it would be perfect, especially when he is in a clinch to take a guy down, a quick knee to the ribs should make his opponent breathless. `
hook_tothe_body
5/2/07 2:10:00AM
I wonder why more UFC fighters don't use knee to the body when they're in side mount. It's a good way to tire your opponent out.

But yeah, knees to the head when on the ground would be a rule that would make Couture more dangerous of a fighter then he already is. I think he'd get way more TKOs.
tepid55
5/2/07 11:43:15AM
I saw Couture use knees to Vitor Belfort's head on the ground when they fought in 1997.