Couture interested in fight with Cro Cop

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Couture interested in fight with Cro Cop
jae_1833
7/30/10 10:36:21PM
link
In a recent interview with Fighters Only, Filipovic said that a fight with Randy Couture is “interesting to him”. (He also name checked Gabriel Gonzaga and Rodrigo Nogueira).
Those comments were relayed to the Xtreme Couture headquarters where a source very close to the veteran fighter said that he would be very likely to accept a fight with CroCop should it be offered to him.
kopower
7/30/10 10:44:58PM
I wouldn't mind seeing this. Both are past there prime but still would be a pretty big draw for the UFC.
jae_1833
7/30/10 10:48:19PM
I think Randy should do these kinds of fights from now on, legend fights, I don't want to see him make a run for titles anymore. Leave that to the youngins who still have much to prove.
seanfu
7/30/10 11:11:09PM

Posted by jae_1833

I think Randy should do these kinds of fights from now on, legend fights, I don't want to see him make a run for titles anymore. Leave that to the youngins who still have much to prove.

I really always liked this kind of thing. throw me fights that are entertaining ranings be damned. But unfortunately he will headline like the terrible ass coleman card, and it will be marketed as some big thing when its nothing more than two shells fighting eachother. And then when Couture wins they'll feed him to Shogun fr hype or something.

Stupid.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/31/10 8:44:11AM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by jae_1833

I really always liked this kind of thing. throw me fights that are entertaining ranings be damned. But unfortunately he will headline like the terrible ass coleman card, and it will be marketed as some big thing when its nothing more than two shells fighting eachother. And then when Couture wins they'll feed him to Shogun fr hype or something.

Stupid.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

I like this potential match-up. I don't know how well it works out for Cro-Cop, but I'd watch nonetheless
prozacnation1978
7/31/10 11:34:59AM
I would like to see this fight happen. Cro cop would sign off on this as well
chickmagnet
7/31/10 1:14:21PM
Cro Cop would blast Couture. CC looked vintage in his last fight..
seanfu
7/31/10 1:29:41PM

Posted by chickmagnet

I thought he was 20 pounds worth slower and knocked down twice.
sparky
7/31/10 2:17:08PM
I have been calling this fight for a little while now I think Joe Silva should make this match up happen after Randy fights Toney!!!!
sbulldavid
7/31/10 4:23:31PM
I think Cro Cop is a difficult match-up for Randy, it would be a good fight because Cro Cop is a very powerful puncher and has good dirty boxing in the clinch. It would be an action packed dirty boxing match, I could see either guy winning, but I think Randy would find a way to get the decision, based on his superior takedown ability.
Boo_Radley21
8/1/10 2:16:44AM
I've been wanting to see this fight ever since Cro Cop signed with the UFC, it would be awesome, even now that they are both getting into the old age.
Wand_is_GOD
8/1/10 2:29:29AM
I would love to see this but one of my dream matches is Cro Cop Vs Gonzaga 2
mrsmiley
8/1/10 6:07:49AM
This fight is long overdue and if it hadn't of been for CC's loss to Gonzaga we would have seen it much sooner.
I have to give this fight to Randy,though Crocop has the potential to cause some serious problems before Randy gets the decision.
seanfu
8/1/10 6:50:47PM

Posted by mrsmiley

This fight is long overdue and if it hadn't of been for CC's loss to Gonzaga we would have seen it much sooner.
I have to give this fight to Randy,though Crocop has the potential to cause some serious problems before Randy gets the decision.

Boring clinchfest IMO
RearNakedJoke
8/2/10 12:04:40AM

Posted by chickmagnet

he looked vintage after his opponent broke his hand and foot.

I wouldn't mind seeing couture vs crocop. its an interesting matchup and both guys have shown they still have some fight in them even if they are past their prime.

brooks85
8/2/10 1:57:25PM
i hope this match happens

couture would destroy CC, as barry did, until he broke his hand and foot
Jackelope
8/2/10 3:46:54PM
I've been begging for this fight and for CC vs. Nog since CC came to the UFC. Very interesting matchup IMO. I favor CC slightly
Pookie
8/2/10 5:39:35PM
I would pick Cro-cop in a heartbeat.

Nogueira's angles and size gave Couture problems in both the stand-up and the takedown department
I think Cro-cop's lower body strength, mobility, and Straight left is going to give Couture nightmares as he tries to close the distance.

Couture's age has effected his Reflexes more than anything else. Against bigger and faster guys this could completely shut-down coutures style.
mrsmiley
8/3/10 3:36:24PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by mrsmiley

Boring clinchfest IMO

It may become that but to me when your watching a fight and its live, the suspense of not knowing what may happen always amps me up that much more.
mikegll
8/4/10 8:00:32PM
Love to see it