couture heavyweight champ again!??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » couture heavyweight champ again!??
mmabadboy
5/1/09 6:05:49PM
Does anyone think that if randy beats nog in a good fashion and looks impressive, that he would get another shot at the title and if he does, what do u recon the chances of him beating lesner in a rematch, or even mir if he beats lesner, coz randy wont of had 15 months worth of ring rust this time, or is he just too old now ?
mkiv9secsupra
5/1/09 6:15:41PM
Lesnar is just a bad matchup for him. I think Couture could eek out a decision over Mir in a 5 rounder but id bet on mir TKOing him. I don't think its very likely Randy will ever be a champion again. Either way I still don't even see him beating Nog.
SpiderSilva
5/1/09 6:34:34PM
I think he has a better chance at the 205 champ evans than lesnar or mir
mmabadboy
5/1/09 6:36:44PM
i thought he was getting the better of lesner in the fight, he might stil have a chance id love to see it
Franklinfan47
5/2/09 10:32:15AM
I think he may need another big win after nog to get into contention right away, but Im not going to discount randy ever, he's built a career on proving people wrong.

I dont think he will beat nog though.
Dragoslav
5/2/09 1:48:31PM

Posted by mmabadboy

i thought he was getting the better of lesner in the fight, he might stil have a chance id love to see it

That's the funniest thing I've seen today. Randy was never in the fight against Lesnar. He had brief flurries of activity in round 2 before being smothered by Lesnar. Either way he might get past Nog since Nog's formerly iron chin has been very suspect of late, but I sincerely doubt he'd ever beat Mir.
tmas
5/2/09 6:55:54PM
the answer to your first quetion what is chance he would get a title shot......70%....(only because there are two other legit contenders that he possibly would have to fight and beat) now if he had the title shot chances of him winning the title 0%
mrsmiley
5/2/09 9:33:05PM

Posted by mmabadboy

He was defentently showing he was the more skilled of the two.
That's for sure.
What won the fight for Brock was the age and size imo.
BEATDOWNS
5/2/09 9:51:44PM
If he can beat big nog they might give him a title shot but he might want to go out on a win and not risk another loss.
Kpro
5/4/09 2:44:33PM
He signed a 3 fight deal and the post-Nog fight would be his 3rd.

They wouldn't put him in there for the title unless he signed an extension pre-fight. They wouldn't let him have the chance to win then retire or go elsewhere.
Hendo67
5/5/09 2:14:27PM
Randy won't stand a chance in the HW division, in my opinion.

Franklinfan47
5/5/09 2:56:22PM

Posted by Hendo67

After 1 loss?
Hendo67
5/6/09 5:10:53PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Hendo67

After 1 loss?

Yeah, exactly. He's a baby HW at 220. He might do better at 205, but right now i see the HW division in the UFC being far too much for Randy.
kaskd
5/6/09 5:23:08PM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Hendo67

After 1 loss?

Yeah, exactly. He's a baby HW at 220. He might do better at 205, but right now i see the HW division in the UFC being far too much for Randy.

I have to agree. He's a LHW that fights at HW because the competition isn't as stiff. Or, I should say wasn't as stiff. With this new breed of HWs coming up the size difference is just too great. Couture was the more skillful fighter against Lesnar, but watching the fight it just felt like a matter of time. He was controlling Lesnar, but not by much.
EvenFlow
5/6/09 5:34:16PM
lol champ again? dont count on it, both divisions are extremely stacked, plus Randy has a chin comparable to Arlovski. Randy skipped out on the Nog fight getting lost in the Fedor vs Randy fight hype and ultimatly deciding that Nog wasnt worthy because Fedor beat him twice and thats who Randy was deadset on fighting. Then when Randy decides to come back he fights...Brock, when Nog and Mir were tied up no less. Now Nog finally gets his chance to take out Randy and prove a point, I'm glad there making the fight, Hopefully Nog will be 100%.
Wolfenstein
5/6/09 6:26:09PM
It's possible, especially if Mir is able to beat Lesnar again his chances would be much greater. I think he could beat Lesnar, but it's a a much more difficult matchup for him than Mir would be.
mmabadboy
5/7/09 11:18:56AM

It's possible, especially if Mir is able to beat Lesnar again his chances would be much greater. I think he could beat Lesnar, but it's a a much more difficult matchup for him than Mir would be

yea thats why i thought he still might be able to, i think hes got what it takes to beat mir