Couture doesn't want to fight Fedor in the UFC vid

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Couture doesn't want to fight Fedor in the UFC vid
« Previous Page
Manak
3/16/08 7:42:39PM

Posted by kerazzle

Posted by backalley101

What do you people expect Randy to do? Just to bend over and take it from Dana? Randy is not the first fighter to complain that the UFC doesn't treat people right. But he's the first one to fight back. I said it once and I'll say it again. I would not care if it was in Dana's backyard, and they were charging a hundred bucks to see Randy and Fedor fight on PPV. I'm watching! So all you Randy haters, if you're tired of hearing about posts on Randy, than don't click on it! Duh!

what do u mean bend over and take it from dana. If they get fedor to fight in the UFC they are giving randy what he wants.

no they arent cause it's all way been bout the money and randy sayin this statement proves it.
ThePlague
3/16/08 7:50:06PM
What do you people expect Randy to do? Just to bend over and take it from Dana? Randy is not the first fighter to complain that the UFC doesn't treat people right. But he's the first one to fight back. I said it once and I'll say it again. I would not care if it was in Dana's backyard, and they were charging a hundred bucks to see Randy and Fedor fight on PPV. I'm watching! So all you Randy haters, if you're tired of hearing about posts on Randy, than don't click on it! Duh!

The only thing Randy has taken from Dana is wads of cash. How exactly did the UFC not treat him well? If you saw that press packet, you'd know that Randy was the highest paid fighter in the UFC aside from Liddell.
ufcboss
3/16/08 8:46:19PM
Im no nuthugger, This shit is just getting old.

On the other hand I would rather hug the UFC's nuts than any other MMA org anytime.

The UFC is the number 1 show in the world, Nobody can compete, If you dont like the UFC you dont like MMA.

Anyway, I thought this thread was about Randy, Not about me hugging nuts.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
tdietel01
3/16/08 11:49:49PM
IMO, if the fight happens and randy actually wins he is still not the best fighter in the world. i believe he would need to beat chuck at least one more time to be able to claim being the best! also..... people get ****** all the time by thier bosses or supervisors, but people in the real world cant run away and never come back. he needs to quit crying and let this fight happen!
RMFG_187
3/17/08 3:19:09AM

Posted by backalley101

I read and read the way this thread was going. now FINALLY someone is making sense.

too all Randy haters. imagine this. Your working for a Company, and One of your events/fights was one of the biggest turn out in sales, and you don't receive a bonus. next, UFC is telling you how they were going too steal your image (im pretty sure ads and/or the Video game) without giving you a cent. You ask them for 1 thing and thats it, and that is too make the Fedor fight happen, and they let the deal slip through there hands and into M-1's. Then you leave, but when you do leave, you decide too help someone (cornering the fight at IFL) in another org, and you get sued. Dana has said it plenty of times the UFC is a business. so that makes the fighters Employees. when the employees are being treated unfairly, they are bound too leave.

and most of u guys expect Randy too go back! You're outta your minds. take all this into consideration before you smear Randys good name!

dont care if this fight happends in 40 years when Fedor and Randy are playing bumper cars with there wheel chairs. This fight WILL Happen, and UFC wont make a dime. thats the best part
silverbullet
3/17/08 1:31:35PM

Posted by RMFG_187

I read and read the way this thread was going. now FINALLY someone is making sense.

too all Randy haters. imagine this. Your working for a Company, and One of your events/fights was one of the biggest turn out in sales, and you don't receive a bonus. next, UFC is telling you how they were going too steal your image (im pretty sure ads and/or the Video game) without giving you a cent. You ask them for 1 thing and thats it, and that is too make the Fedor fight happen, and they let the deal slip through there hands and into M-1's. Then you leave, but when you do leave, you decide too help someone (cornering the fight at IFL) in another org, and you get sued. Dana has said it plenty of times the UFC is a business. so that makes the fighters Employees. when the employees are being treated unfairly, they are bound too leave.

and most of u guys expect Randy too go back! You're outta your minds. take all this into consideration before you smear Randys good name!

dont care if this fight happends in 40 years when Fedor and Randy are playing bumper cars with there wheel chairs. This fight WILL Happen, and UFC wont make a dime. thats the best part

I am sorry but you have absolutely no clue as to what is coming out of your mouth. Randy put his name on a contract that indicated how much money he was to receive from the UFC for the fights, use of his image, other promotions, etc. He could have expected that the UFC would not like him promoting rival organizations, i.e. IFL. The UFC did not want him promoting rival organizations so badly that they apparently put it in his contract which he signed because like you said he is getting sued promoting an IFL event.

Honestly, I don't care if Randy and Fedor ever fight. Randy is an old man who was KTFOed by Liddell twice in a row, and Fedor hasn't fought a top 10 Heavyweight in 4 years (I apologize in advance to the PRIDE nuthuggers for not including Cro Cop in the top 10).

Randy signed a contract, he broke it, and he broke his word. That's it. Facts don't lie. You can't sign up with the Army for 3 years, and then complain that they are sending you to Iraq FFS.
jocksmall
3/17/08 4:20:01PM

Posted by wapttn

Posted by jocksmall

randy to me seems like a man of principle, he is promoting a sport and he realizes that exclusive contracts are bad for the sport. hes right when he says we need independent rankings and then make the fights that the fans want. the ufc wants to control everything and bash every fighter they cant sign. many on this site are ufc nuthuggers and side with the company always. im greatful for the ufc and the exposure thats been given to mma due to there efforts but lets not forget that the ufc is a for profit company and in my mind a propaganda machine. they dont want the biggest piece of the pie they want the whole pie. i for one am rooting for randy because he is right. some of you will reply by saying hes not honoring a signed contract but you are the same nuthuggers that side with the ufc when they dont honor contracts and release guys or just dont let them fight and earn the money they were allowed in there contract. if randy isnt allowed to leave shouldnt the ufc be forced to pay each and every fighter they have signed the agreed upon amount if they dont give them the agreed upon number of fights in the agreed upon amount of time? you just cant have it both ways and i hope that the courts see the hypocracy in the ufc business model and releases randy. then i hope he fights elsewhere hopefully in the us and helps build up a rival mma promotion. this is what would provide the competition needed to give fighters some more freedom. this is sound logic fellow fans .

I care to disagree.

Randy has seemed like a man of principle, its one of the reasons why he was the face of the sport and why so many fans held him in such high regard. Him claiming that exclusive contracts are detrimental to the sport is something that he's stated ever since he wanted to fight a fighter who signed with another organization. He had no problem signing exclusive contracts for his entire career with the ufc, and look at what the ufc helped him to accomplish. Independent rankings.. the ranking system will always be screwed up when fighters have the choice to dodge other fighters, or the venues provide a "hometown" advantage, or the homefield advantage exists in a ring or a cage. The ufc does bash the fighters that they cant sign, its a form of promotion and it works incredibly well when it comes to the average ufc fan who are by far the majority of mma supporters. I personally dont agree with that tactic and I think theres a better way that they just havent found yet, but it works for them so they use it.

I for one am not a ufc nuthugger.. but i'm not an always cheering for the underdog nuthugger either. I do my best to see the situation objectively and include ethics and logic into my opinions. There are some intelligent people on this site so keep those thoughts to yourself.

You say that you are grateful for the ufc and how it's promoted this sport, but do you understand how they've been able to do this? We owe the popularity of mma to the fertittas, dana white, and the fighters under the ufc banner who have helped to grow this sport. The way they've done that is through exclusive contracts because they've tried to grow an organization that will allow for all fighters to fight all fighters, on an even playing field, with the same rules and on the terms that the fans want to see. That will never happen if fighters are scattered through out the world in different promotions, in different rings, under different rules and different contracts.

As for randy not honoring his contract.. its true, he isnt, and its something that he should be doing, but that really isnt the key issue in my eyes. The ufc has gotten a little sketchy with the contracts, but when it boils down, they know their own contracts inside and out, they know where the loopholes are and use them when necessary. And cummon.. do you really wanna see ken shamrock taking up a prelim spot to watch him get Koed in the first round for the 6th time in a row?

The reality is that randy couture asked the ufc to let him out of retirement and give him a title fight against tim sylvia. Despite couture not having a win at heavyweight since 2001, or a respectable win since 2004, they gave him his title shot. Not only that, they promoted the hell out of him and turned him into the face of the sport. Now things were going good with him being the champ, doing the commentary, being involved with the ufc and with xtreme couture growing. Now, when randy felt like he was on top of the world, he wanted to fight the only fighter who hardcore fans still considered to be better than him, fedor. It was looking like this fight would happen, then perhaps a rematch, and couture would retire. Fedor signed elsewhere and randy threw a fit. Lets say that randy didnt beat sylvia, or that gonzaga's highkick that broke randy's arm was a deeper fracture and there was a doctor stoppage.. would the ufc have released him saying that he wasnt living up to their expectations? I doubt it.

What does randy want? He wants us to believe that he wants to fight fedor.. thats what the fans want, a fighter who wants to fight the best to be the best. The ufc is trying to make this happen... fedor's management is in talks about a one fight contract, the money will be there, but all the problems that come with an exclusive contract dont apply to a one fight contract. Fedor will fight for the ufc. The only problem now is randy stepping into the ring.

Consider this an open letter to randy couture, if you want you're legacy to end with the respect of your fans, get in the ring and fight... its what you were born to do. Managers manage, fighters fight.. if you want you're fans to remember you as the old man version of tito ortiz then keep doing what you're doing.. if you want us to remember the natural as he was in his prime, let the two best heavyweights in the world go at it in the world's biggest fight venue for all the world to see.

i really agree with alot of what you have to say and i believe that i am misunderstood as a ufc hater which couldnt be farther from the truth. i critisize things to promote awareness and hopefully if enough others do the same change will follow.
first of all you listed alot of hypothetical situations that i dont see the need to respond to.
randy didnt fight his whole carear in exclusive contracts , and the speculation of his motivation is noted but still just speculation.
as for do i want to see ken shamrock fight isnt the point . the point is the ufc signed with the guy and made $ on his fights and discarded him. they should have given him his last fight. if the ufc were consistant in honoring contracts i would side with them but they are not. they will not schedule a guy to fight and that will keep him from earning his money. this is the reason randy has a leg to stand on. exclusive contracts are not responsible for mma sucsess they are responsible for ufc profits. im not made at the anyone for making money i own my own business and make 6 figures. i vote republican ! i like fair deals if you have honor you should expect honor. the ufc even with all the good they do cant expect to keep randy tied up forever and release others who have fights left. if you can be released you should be able to quit!
jocksmall
3/17/08 4:40:34PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by jocksmall

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by dust

Posted by ufcboss

OK, now i didnt watch the vid, But if that's true, I officially dont care about Randy anymore, He is the one looking bad now.

Shame Shame Shame Randy.

I hope they strip the belt off him and cut him loose, The UFC made him, Now its time for them to BREAK him.

Thanks for everything in the past Randy, But its time to fade away.

Good luck with B grade films.

You're obviously a UFC nuthugger.

oh yes, sating that a fighter is acting immature about the situation, disobeying his contract and refusing to come to a compromise is definitely nuthugging. i guess all the people who feel bad for rape victims are nuthuggers too based on your logic.

both sides of this deal have made mistakes but it is Randy who is refusing to come to terms. he is the one who broke his contract and he is the one who is looking like the "bad guy" in all of this. i hope Fedor just destroys him because Randy's best chance for defeating him is in a cage but i guess that won't happen.

i am very disappointed in Randy and am ashamed at the way he is acting

first off the guy never said any of the things you listed and he admitted he didnt even watch the video and yet he passed judgement on what he percieved the meaning to be. yes he does come across as a nuthugger and so do you. you are comparing the ufc to a rape victum are you freaking out of your mind. the ufc is the victum? they are an enormous company that chews up fighters and spits them out as they wish but because one guy fights back the ufc is now somehow comparable to a rape victum? if you feel bad for the ufc thats your deal but it reminds me of a quote in the movie "the edge" never feel sorry for a guy who owns his own plane. i have never seen an interview where randy looks like a bad guy and he certainly didnt in this one. on the other hand i have seen many where dana white looks like a bad guy. your statement makes no sense and is lacking logic.

your point of views is just as bias as what you are claiming mine to be. i was using the rape victim reference to point out how his logic was flawed. you are obviously biased against the UFC, you say they chew up fighters when in fact they build them up most of the time. people act like the UFC is this evil corporation and act like they are only out to hurt fighters when that is in fact not true. your logic is also flawed because you are going against the UFC soley due to the fact that they are well-off...or at least that is how the quote you used makes it seem. i am sick and tired of people throwing the term nuthugger around so loosely. i support the UFC in this squabble so i am a nuthugger? just because you see Randy as the party to get behind doesn't make you a Randy nuthugger but by your logic it does. i support the UFC in this because Randy is acting immature, breaking contracts and is unwilling to compromise.

my points are not biased your analogy was misguided and i exploited it. i didnt hear you mad at the ufc for not honoring contracts of guys they released or guys that were not given the correct number of fights in the agreed upon amount of time. that is why i threw the nutthugger term out there. if you are not then you should critisize the ufc in the same manner that you have critisized randy. i would love to see randy fight i just think that under the circumstances he wont fight for the ufc and its understandable. the ufc will continue to have these problems as long as dana behaves like a foulmouthed redneck. he was great when the ufc was building but im not so sure he is the right guy now that they are where they are. i can understand the loyalty to him but he needs to be more professional and make sure when hes talking hes telling the truth. randy was told that he was the second highest paid guy to chuck and it wasnt true. dana should have told the truth or just said we dont discuss fighters salaries.
Boo_Radley21
3/17/08 4:47:00PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by RMFG_187

dont care if this fight happends in 40 years when Fedor and Randy are playing bumper cars with there wheel chairs. This fight WILL Happen, and UFC wont make a dime. thats the best part [/QUOTE

I am sorry but you have absolutely no clue as to what is coming out of your mouth. Randy put his name on a contract that indicated how much money he was to receive from the UFC for the fights, use of his image, other promotions, etc. He could have expected that the UFC would not like him promoting rival organizations, i.e. IFL. The UFC did not want him promoting rival organizations so badly that they apparently put it in his contract which he signed because like you said he is getting sued promoting an IFL event.

Honestly, I don't care if Randy and Fedor ever fight. Randy is an old man who was KTFOed by Liddell twice in a row, and Fedor hasn't fought a top 10 Heavyweight in 4 years (I apologize in advance to the PRIDE nuthuggers for not including Cro Cop in the top 10).

Randy signed a contract, he broke it, and he broke his word. That's it. Facts don't lie. You can't sign up with the Army for 3 years, and then complain that they are sending you to Iraq FFS.

people shouldn't defend Randy he broke his contract and he's acting like a bitch. the fedor fight obviously wasn't his main reason for leaving or he'd take the fight in the way and quit pissing and moaning about the money. he signed the contract. he was making the second most in the ufc (second to a guy who knocked him out twice) he needs to grow up and quit acting stupid about the whole thing.
Greene33
3/17/08 10:00:03PM
The only chance Randy has against Fedor is in a cage, if he tries to fight Fedor in a ring, it will be like a shortened version of the Liddel fight for Randy.
RMFG_187
3/18/08 6:36:50PM
if its in the ring, it will be a replay of Lindland vs Fedor. but this time he will Glue his hand too the ropes so that Couture doesn't take him down.
Pages: 1 [2]