Couture doesn't want to fight Fedor in the UFC vid

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Couture doesn't want to fight Fedor in the UFC vid
Next Page »
Porch28
3/16/08 8:36:43AM
Twenty20Dollars
3/16/08 9:23:09AM
this whole situation is getting really old, with ufc couture and fedor.
postman
3/16/08 9:55:16AM
This is a shame 2 great guys and even better fighters want to put on the fight we all want to see, then probley have a beer, wait Fedor won't drink beer make that Vodka, and money is getting in the way it is a shame.
ufcboss
3/16/08 10:10:13AM
OK, now i didnt watch the vid, But if that's true, I officially dont care about Randy anymore, He is the one looking bad now.

Shame Shame Shame Randy.

I hope they strip the belt off him and cut him loose, The UFC made him, Now its time for them to BREAK him.

Thanks for everything in the past Randy, But its time to fade away.

Good luck with B grade films.
prozacnation1978
3/16/08 10:17:18AM
i say have fdor fight chuck lidell, lidell wants him, randy is just being a jerk now.
Ordep
3/16/08 10:54:26AM
In multiple interviews Randy has mentioned the end of contract time (July) and the possible time for the Fedor fight (fall). Now he appears in a 5 min. interview in the M-1 site just to talk about this fight? This only make me guess one thing, this fight is already set under the table and they're just waiting for the UFC to release him to announce it.

This is the way they're promoting the fight before they can make it official.

Probably that's why M-1 is not doing anything around, they're saving to get 2millions for each and they recover them + profit out of that event.
dust
3/16/08 11:40:39AM

Posted by ufcboss

OK, now i didnt watch the vid, But if that's true, I officially dont care about Randy anymore, He is the one looking bad now.

Shame Shame Shame Randy.

I hope they strip the belt off him and cut him loose, The UFC made him, Now its time for them to BREAK him.

You're obviously a UFC nuthugger.
xburbx
3/16/08 12:23:17PM
who cares about this fight anymore. by the time it happens people will be calling for the winner to fight the top current UFC heavyweight champ to decide the real #1 heavy weight. im sure we'll all watch the fight, but not nearly as exciting as it would have been 6-8 months ago.
KingCreep
3/16/08 12:30:35PM
this really is getting out of hand. all this time randy has said that if the ufc brings fedor, he'll come back and fight him. now, seemingly all of a sudden, he's beating around the bush about the fight becoming more definite but that he would rather it be outside of the ufc, at the same time, in a cage not a ring. time to make up your mind or just come out with the facts, i can see everyone losing interest day by day. i just hope if it does happen, it wont be in japan to avoid any sort of scandal with another one of their poster boys. cmon randy, get it together, make us want to join your fleet in your gyms across the continent, make us believe this isnt just all about money and propaganda.
jiujitsufreak74
3/16/08 12:38:10PM

Posted by dust

Posted by ufcboss

Shame Shame Shame Randy.

oh yes, sating that a fighter is acting immature about the situation, disobeying his contract and refusing to come to a compromise is definitely nuthugging. i guess all the people who feel bad for rape victims are nuthuggers too based on your logic.

both sides of this deal have made mistakes but it is Randy who is refusing to come to terms. he is the one who broke his contract and he is the one who is looking like the "bad guy" in all of this. i hope Fedor just destroys him because Randy's best chance for defeating him is in a cage but i guess that won't happen.

i am very disappointed in Randy and am ashamed at the way he is acting
Porch28
3/16/08 12:47:29PM
Kracker_Jap
3/16/08 12:48:01PM

Posted by ufcboss

Shame Shame Shame Randy.

i second that
jocksmall
3/16/08 12:54:47PM
randy to me seems like a man of principle, he is promoting a sport and he realizes that exclusive contracts are bad for the sport. hes right when he says we need independent rankings and then make the fights that the fans want. the ufc wants to control everything and bash every fighter they cant sign. many on this site are ufc nuthuggers and side with the company always. im greatful for the ufc and the exposure thats been given to mma due to there efforts but lets not forget that the ufc is a for profit company and in my mind a propaganda machine. they dont want the biggest piece of the pie they want the whole pie. i for one am rooting for randy because he is right. some of you will reply by saying hes not honoring a signed contract but you are the same nuthuggers that side with the ufc when they dont honor contracts and release guys or just dont let them fight and earn the money they were allowed in there contract. if randy isnt allowed to leave shouldnt the ufc be forced to pay each and every fighter they have signed the agreed upon amount if they dont give them the agreed upon number of fights in the agreed upon amount of time? you just cant have it both ways and i hope that the courts see the hypocracy in the ufc business model and releases randy. then i hope he fights elsewhere hopefully in the us and helps build up a rival mma promotion. this is what would provide the competition needed to give fighters some more freedom. this is sound logic fellow fans .
tuvok500
3/16/08 1:01:59PM
I think we have the prove now that MMA can cause brain damage !!

Poor Couture...

whardin19
3/16/08 1:03:26PM
Ugh! I don't really care about this fight. Randy is kind of annoying.
jocksmall
3/16/08 1:08:14PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by dust

Posted by ufcboss

Shame Shame Shame Randy.

oh yes, sating that a fighter is acting immature about the situation, disobeying his contract and refusing to come to a compromise is definitely nuthugging. i guess all the people who feel bad for rape victims are nuthuggers too based on your logic.

both sides of this deal have made mistakes but it is Randy who is refusing to come to terms. he is the one who broke his contract and he is the one who is looking like the "bad guy" in all of this. i hope Fedor just destroys him because Randy's best chance for defeating him is in a cage but i guess that won't happen.

first off the guy never said any of the things you listed and he admitted he didnt even watch the video and yet he passed judgement on what he percieved the meaning to be. yes he does come across as a nuthugger and so do you. you are comparing the ufc to a rape victum are you freaking out of your mind. the ufc is the victum? they are an enormous company that chews up fighters and spits them out as they wish but because one guy fights back the ufc is now somehow comparable to a rape victum? if you feel bad for the ufc thats your deal but it reminds me of a quote in the movie "the edge" never feel sorry for a guy who owns his own plane. i have never seen an interview where randy looks like a bad guy and he certainly didnt in this one. on the other hand i have seen many where dana white looks like a bad guy. your statement makes no sense and is lacking logic.
jiujitsufreak74
3/16/08 1:16:19PM

Posted by jocksmall

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by dust

Posted by ufcboss

Shame Shame Shame Randy.

first off the guy never said any of the things you listed and he admitted he didnt even watch the video and yet he passed judgement on what he percieved the meaning to be. yes he does come across as a nuthugger and so do you. you are comparing the ufc to a rape victum are you freaking out of your mind. the ufc is the victum? they are an enormous company that chews up fighters and spits them out as they wish but because one guy fights back the ufc is now somehow comparable to a rape victum? if you feel bad for the ufc thats your deal but it reminds me of a quote in the movie "the edge" never feel sorry for a guy who owns his own plane. i have never seen an interview where randy looks like a bad guy and he certainly didnt in this one. on the other hand i have seen many where dana white looks like a bad guy. your statement makes no sense and is lacking logic.

your point of views is just as bias as what you are claiming mine to be. i was using the rape victim reference to point out how his logic was flawed. you are obviously biased against the UFC, you say they chew up fighters when in fact they build them up most of the time. people act like the UFC is this evil corporation and act like they are only out to hurt fighters when that is in fact not true. your logic is also flawed because you are going against the UFC soley due to the fact that they are well-off...or at least that is how the quote you used makes it seem. i am sick and tired of people throwing the term nuthugger around so loosely. i support the UFC in this squabble so i am a nuthugger? just because you see Randy as the party to get behind doesn't make you a Randy nuthugger but by your logic it does. i support the UFC in this because Randy is acting immature, breaking contracts and is unwilling to compromise.
Porch28
3/16/08 1:25:49PM
There are a couple of things that bother me about all this. The biggest thing is how everyone acts as if this is the only fight in the world worth seeing. There are so many other matches that are going to be as good or better and I think all the talk of these 2 just disrespects other fighters but on the other side it really brings a lot of attention to the sport. I would love to see this match up but the more time goes on the more frustrated I get with the whole thing and Randy really isn't doing himself any favors. Will the real Randy Couture please stand up!!!!!!! Until then Look forward to the great year we are going to have in this sport. It is a great time to be a fan of MMA
wapttn
3/16/08 1:38:09PM

Posted by jocksmall

randy to me seems like a man of principle, he is promoting a sport and he realizes that exclusive contracts are bad for the sport. hes right when he says we need independent rankings and then make the fights that the fans want. the ufc wants to control everything and bash every fighter they cant sign. many on this site are ufc nuthuggers and side with the company always. im greatful for the ufc and the exposure thats been given to mma due to there efforts but lets not forget that the ufc is a for profit company and in my mind a propaganda machine. they dont want the biggest piece of the pie they want the whole pie. i for one am rooting for randy because he is right. some of you will reply by saying hes not honoring a signed contract but you are the same nuthuggers that side with the ufc when they dont honor contracts and release guys or just dont let them fight and earn the money they were allowed in there contract. if randy isnt allowed to leave shouldnt the ufc be forced to pay each and every fighter they have signed the agreed upon amount if they dont give them the agreed upon number of fights in the agreed upon amount of time? you just cant have it both ways and i hope that the courts see the hypocracy in the ufc business model and releases randy. then i hope he fights elsewhere hopefully in the us and helps build up a rival mma promotion. this is what would provide the competition needed to give fighters some more freedom. this is sound logic fellow fans .

I care to disagree.

Randy has seemed like a man of principle, its one of the reasons why he was the face of the sport and why so many fans held him in such high regard. Him claiming that exclusive contracts are detrimental to the sport is something that he's stated ever since he wanted to fight a fighter who signed with another organization. He had no problem signing exclusive contracts for his entire career with the ufc, and look at what the ufc helped him to accomplish. Independent rankings.. the ranking system will always be screwed up when fighters have the choice to dodge other fighters, or the venues provide a "hometown" advantage, or the homefield advantage exists in a ring or a cage. The ufc does bash the fighters that they cant sign, its a form of promotion and it works incredibly well when it comes to the average ufc fan who are by far the majority of mma supporters. I personally dont agree with that tactic and I think theres a better way that they just havent found yet, but it works for them so they use it.

I for one am not a ufc nuthugger.. but i'm not an always cheering for the underdog nuthugger either. I do my best to see the situation objectively and include ethics and logic into my opinions. There are some intelligent people on this site so keep those thoughts to yourself.

You say that you are grateful for the ufc and how it's promoted this sport, but do you understand how they've been able to do this? We owe the popularity of mma to the fertittas, dana white, and the fighters under the ufc banner who have helped to grow this sport. The way they've done that is through exclusive contracts because they've tried to grow an organization that will allow for all fighters to fight all fighters, on an even playing field, with the same rules and on the terms that the fans want to see. That will never happen if fighters are scattered through out the world in different promotions, in different rings, under different rules and different contracts.

As for randy not honoring his contract.. its true, he isnt, and its something that he should be doing, but that really isnt the key issue in my eyes. The ufc has gotten a little sketchy with the contracts, but when it boils down, they know their own contracts inside and out, they know where the loopholes are and use them when necessary. And cummon.. do you really wanna see ken shamrock taking up a prelim spot to watch him get Koed in the first round for the 6th time in a row?

The reality is that randy couture asked the ufc to let him out of retirement and give him a title fight against tim sylvia. Despite couture not having a win at heavyweight since 2001, or a respectable win since 2004, they gave him his title shot. Not only that, they promoted the hell out of him and turned him into the face of the sport. Now things were going good with him being the champ, doing the commentary, being involved with the ufc and with xtreme couture growing. Now, when randy felt like he was on top of the world, he wanted to fight the only fighter who hardcore fans still considered to be better than him, fedor. It was looking like this fight would happen, then perhaps a rematch, and couture would retire. Fedor signed elsewhere and randy threw a fit. Lets say that randy didnt beat sylvia, or that gonzaga's highkick that broke randy's arm was a deeper fracture and there was a doctor stoppage.. would the ufc have released him saying that he wasnt living up to their expectations? I doubt it.

What does randy want? He wants us to believe that he wants to fight fedor.. thats what the fans want, a fighter who wants to fight the best to be the best. The ufc is trying to make this happen... fedor's management is in talks about a one fight contract, the money will be there, but all the problems that come with an exclusive contract dont apply to a one fight contract. Fedor will fight for the ufc. The only problem now is randy stepping into the ring.

Consider this an open letter to randy couture, if you want you're legacy to end with the respect of your fans, get in the ring and fight... its what you were born to do. Managers manage, fighters fight.. if you want you're fans to remember you as the old man version of tito ortiz then keep doing what you're doing.. if you want us to remember the natural as he was in his prime, let the two best heavyweights in the world go at it in the world's biggest fight venue for all the world to see.
cmill21
3/16/08 1:52:56PM
I don't care, I would rather see Fedor vs Barnett, Fedor vs Kharitonov, Fedor vs Arlovski, Fedor vs Big Tim. I honestly don't know what the hell Randy's trying to do here, but IMHO the UFC is the one place he can win this fight. Elbows, cage, ect. make this fight slightly shift to his favor in the UFC, in the ring I think he's a big underdog.
dustyp
3/16/08 2:06:11PM
I am getting tired of people using the ufc nut hugger crap.the ufc is the only mma company worthy of hugging their nut. For real if your a xc or srikeforce nutt hugger your not a real mma fan . Stop hatin on the ufc
NatedawgThaM
3/16/08 2:07:30PM
OMG, somebody tell Randy to grows some balls. I hope this made everybody who claims the UFC at fault, came to there senses. RANDY IS DUCKING FEDOR!!!

Randy does not want this fight to happen. The UFC is actually trying to get Fedor a one fight deal, possibly beat Randy and walk out with the title vacant or claim Big Nog the champ. Randy needs to man up. He actually comes off ducking Fedor because he won't even fight him on the biggest stage in the sport, the UFC. That's home field advantage, so either he's ducking Fedor, or that old age or the blows to the head are making him sound idiotic.

He won't win in a ring without elbows, the UFC is his only chance since ProElite won't sign Fedor. God I now offically hate Randy if I didn't before.
BlazinSaddle
3/16/08 2:09:31PM
he thinks hes tied for #1 ? he couldnt even beat Ricco or Barnett in his prime oh wait he claims to be prime now but claims to only have 1 fight left and expects to be able to keep up with the #1 fighter in the world? cage vs ring wont matter when your getting GnP or armbarred back into retirement
kerazzle
3/16/08 3:24:48PM
Listen at the end of the day, Randy willingly signed a contract and he is now trying to back out of it. Of course there's a price to pay for that. It's a legally binding contract which he is obliged to fulfill. I'm no fan of Dana but Randy is wrong on this issue plain and simple. And now that there are talks of Fedor possibly having a one fight deal with the UFC, Randy is still refusing to carry out his contract despite previous comments that he would fight if the UFC got him. It all seems a little weird to me, perhaps the randy/ufc issue is just to personal now and he's doing it out of spite.
backalley101
3/16/08 3:30:24PM
What do you people expect Randy to do? Just to bend over and take it from Dana? Randy is not the first fighter to complain that the UFC doesn't treat people right. But he's the first one to fight back. I said it once and I'll say it again. I would not care if it was in Dana's backyard, and they were charging a hundred bucks to see Randy and Fedor fight on PPV. I'm watching! So all you Randy haters, if you're tired of hearing about posts on Randy, than don't click on it! Duh!
telnights
3/16/08 4:15:22PM
Man how many times does Randys story have to change for some people to see that he is full of it in this hole ordeal. It is about money (the big payday) nothing more nothing less. Randy knows if this fight happens under the UFC he will have to fight under his contract and thats means he wont make the huge payday he wants. Even though his contract pays really well just not well enough in Randy's eyes.

It would be like a pro baseball or football team picking a washed up player and giving them a chance to play in the super bowl/World series under a 2 year contract. Then that player wins and now he doesn't think that 2 year contract is paying him enough. The hole time saying they didn't respect him enough but the fact is most people said he was washed up and but the team still gave him a direct shot at the biggest game without him even playing in any other games. That truly is a sign of respect but yet doesn't think he is being payed enough but the only guy making more than him in his league is the guy that has beat him twice in a row. While still under this contract (but refusing to play) he goes and starts talking with other teams.

When you look at it with open eyes and not I'm a fan of this or that you see how crazy Randy is acting.
snakeplissken
3/16/08 4:58:31PM
I still say it would be hilarious if the uFC signs Fedor and releases Randy on the same day....
StevieC
3/16/08 6:34:37PM

Posted by ufcboss

Shame Shame Shame Randy.

Couldn't agree with you more....
ThePlague
3/16/08 6:43:47PM
Randy is just going in circles at this point. I'd love to see him fight Fedor if the UFC can get him, but it's not I'm not so obsessed with the fight that I'd buy any ppv that it's on. I don't know why Randy became such a prima donna just because of a great comeback, but I'm still suspicious of his wife.
kerazzle
3/16/08 7:31:52PM

Posted by backalley101

What do you people expect Randy to do? Just to bend over and take it from Dana? Randy is not the first fighter to complain that the UFC doesn't treat people right. But he's the first one to fight back. I said it once and I'll say it again. I would not care if it was in Dana's backyard, and they were charging a hundred bucks to see Randy and Fedor fight on PPV. I'm watching! So all you Randy haters, if you're tired of hearing about posts on Randy, than don't click on it! Duh!

what do u mean bend over and take it from dana. If they get fedor to fight in the UFC they are giving randy what he wants.
Pages: [1] 2