Couture: ‘I was in Control for Most of the Fight'

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Couture: ‘I was in Control for Most of the Fight'
snakerattle79
6/26/08 9:05:41PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=13433

her quotes:

"Well, I just walked out there to touch gloves and she just hit me. She wasn't interested in touching gloves and that first shot is what broke my jaw. My left hand wasn't even up to protect myself -- it was straight out to touch her glove. She took her shot, connected it and dropped me. That first shot is what broke it."

"maybe she just completely forgot to touch gloves?"

"I'm glad that [the ref] didn't stop [the fight]. Luckily he wasn't a wimp like some of the other people [those who say the fight should have been stopped] would have been"

"I didn't think I was getting beat for three rounds the entire fight. I felt like I was in control for most of the fight."

"At the very end of the third round, I finally cleared my legs to where they needed to be. I had the arm choke and if I would have had five more seconds I would have finished her."

"she cracked me when I was trying to touch gloves,"

"I just want you to go back and re-watch the fight on tape. I promise you that you'll feel differently about the fight."

******I just have a prob with this***** cmon!
holt8081
6/26/08 9:41:18PM
I dont know I thought she did ok, exept for the times when she was getting punched it the face.
Rush
6/26/08 9:59:23PM
If you don't screw around an touch gloves AFTER the fight starts, you wouldn't ever be in this position.
xposipx
6/26/08 10:22:32PM

Posted by Rush

If you don't screw around an touch gloves AFTER the fight starts, you wouldn't ever be in this position.

Yeah, if you want to touch gloves that badly you need to acknowledge this before the fight begins and come out with your hand raised....unless you;re fighting Manny Gamburyan.
joshryanshepherd
6/26/08 11:35:26PM
poor randy...has to watch his wife get f**ked up...

poor kim...has to watch her husband get f**ked up when he fights fedor...

sorry im a huge randy fan too but fedor is the king of the Heavies
FrankTheTank1181
6/27/08 12:16:29AM
If her definition of "In Control" is gettin your face broken then I'd say she was doin' awesome...
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/27/08 12:16:36AM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

poor randy...has to watch his wife get f**ked up...

poor kim...has to watch her husband get f**ked up when he fights fedor...

sorry im a huge randy fan too but fedor is the king of the Heavies

scoozna
6/27/08 9:05:42AM

Posted by xposipx

Posted by Rush

Yeah, if you want to touch gloves that badly you need to acknowledge this before the fight begins and come out with your hand raised....unless you;re fighting Manny Gamburyan.

LOL. So true. When I look at the (disturbing) video, Kim C did not look like she had her hand out in a way that would suggest she wanted to touch gloves.

...and I've never seen a fighter with such skinny arms in my life.
Ordep
6/27/08 9:00:03PM
worst excuse ever
breakdown5
6/28/08 12:33:17AM
I didn't even see the fight, but you can tell from the pics that she got owned.
hathcock32
6/29/08 2:48:33AM

Posted by breakdown5

I didn't even see the fight, but you can tell from the pics that she got owned.

Obviously you didnt see the fight because she did not get owned. I dont no what all the talk about her getting owned if you watched it , you would know it looked like the basic strike vs grappler match up. Rose owned Couture on the feet but Couture controlled the action on the ground and almost took he down at will. Saying that she is a muay thai striker though is obsurd. Her striking skills were poor however her grappling was solid in my opinion.