Couture vs. Big Nog?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Couture vs. Big Nog?
POLL: Which fight will happen at UFC 80?
Randy vs. Big Nog 22% (10)
Big Nog vs. Tim Sylvia 58% (26)
Other 20% (9)
ohiostate1016
10/30/07 4:53:21PM
After listening to the UFC press conference today, it's obvious that Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta think that Randy Couture is still property of the UFC, and they plan to offer him a contract to defend his belt early next year. This fight would most likely be at UFC 80, which will take place in Newcastle, England.

His opponent would most likely be Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, or "Big Nog," the Number 1 HW contender. According to Dana, if Randy turns down this fight, then he is retired, and he relinquishes his title. If that happens, then the No.1 contender (Nog) will face the number 2 contender (most likely Tim Sylvia) for the belt.

Thoughts?
JWils
10/30/07 5:15:22PM
Well, I have my doubts that Randy will fight but I would love to see Couture vs. Nog.

KYGUY07
10/30/07 5:23:21PM
prollybig tim vs big nog, since couture wants to cry about everything.
Stickan
10/30/07 5:24:30PM
C´mon. Do you really think after saying all the things he's said about Zuffa and all the talk about not getting respected that he will go back to the company so soon?

He would get lynched by mass media and the fans and called a hypocrite. Randy isn't going to back down without a battle. A battle that will take longer time than to Jan-Feb next year.
ohiostate1016
10/30/07 6:05:27PM

Posted by Stickan

C´mon. Do you really think after saying all the things he's said about Zuffa and all the talk about not getting respected that he will go back to the company so soon?

He would get lynched by mass media and the fans and called a hypocrite. Randy isn't going to back down without a battle. A battle that will take longer time than to Jan-Feb next year.

HulkRage
10/30/07 6:11:31PM
I don't see Randy coming back.
loonytnt
10/30/07 6:51:56PM
randy is not ming back imo, the only way i see him coming back is if fedor called him out and there was tons of money on the table
tuvok500
10/30/07 6:52:13PM

Posted by Stickan

well, a good way to avoid all the stuff who may be write and say on him , is to put the fault on is manager !!!

like " i just discovered that my manager was lying to me and bla bla bla " !! LOL

and like " i apologize to the ufc and i will give my best to beat whatever they want me to fight " !!! LOL

sound good enough for me !!!

NatedawgThaM
10/30/07 7:22:42PM
I'm going out on a limb here...

Big Nog vs. Andre Arlovski

Then whenever we see Tim fight next it will be Big Tim vs. Chieck Kongo
cmill21
10/30/07 7:28:50PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Stickan

well, a good way to avoid all the stuff who may be write and say on him , is to put the fault on is manager !!!

like " i just discovered that my manager was lying to me and bla bla bla " !! LOL

and like " i apologize to the ufc and i will give my best to beat whatever they want me to fight " !!! LOL

See but if he says that he looks like a mindless puppet. He shoulden't come back to the UFC after all he's said, he will look even worse then he is right now.
Lay_N_Pray
10/30/07 7:46:13PM
I agree with you cmill, Couture is burying himself in a world of hurt right now at least in my eyes. I think UFC offered some pretty strong evidence during the press conference.

Arlovski is overdue for his shot at top competition again after beating Werdum. I would love to see him vs Nog or Kongo vs Nog

Tim needs to win more than one fight...he could take on Gonzaga and see who wins that
tuvok500
10/30/07 8:12:53PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Stickan

See but if he says that he looks like a mindless puppet. He shoulden't come back to the UFC after all he's said, he will look even worse then he is right now.

yeah i know !!

i was trying a little joke or exageration who was almost impossible to happen !!

if someone really believe that 2 littles sentences like that will resolve the problem !! , well good luck !!

but , after listennig to the press comference twice, a believe that the ufc is still hoping that couture will realize what he is doing and that they will be able to resolve the problem and bring back randy in the ufc at least for the end of his contract !!

cmill21
10/30/07 9:18:50PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Stickan

yeah i know !!

i was trying a little joke or exageration who was almost impossible to happen !!

if someone really believe that 2 littles sentences like that will resolve the problem !! , well good luck !!

but , after listennig to the press comference twice, a believe that the ufc is still hoping that couture will realize what he is doing and that they will be able to resolve the problem and bring back randy in the ufc at least for the end of his contract !!

No I get that but Vera did this exact thing what 4 months ago?
miller001001
10/30/07 9:29:47PM
wouldnt it be funny if randy just agreed to fight the 2 fights and just walked in octagon and tapped at the start of the fight, that would really make a fool of dana and he will soon be out of his 2 fight contract and done with the ufc, not to mntion his contract ( that dana keeps mentioning) would still require the ufc to pay him
tuvok500
10/30/07 9:57:06PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Stickan

yeah i know !!

No I get that but Vera did this exact thing what 4 months ago?

yeah i know !!!

but it was not like a war of press conference like we have now and vera was able to agreed with the ufc without having to apologize in public like i think randy will have to do !!

Trapt1nw0nder
10/30/07 10:29:05PM
I dont think Nog deserves a title shot just yet...come on its not like if his UFC debut was that impressive against Herring...

I also think Nog needs a victory against Sylvia,Arlovski,or Gonzaga before he gets a title shot.

tuvok500
10/30/07 10:40:21PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

I dont think Nog deserves a title shot just yet...come on its not like if his UFC debut was that impressive against Herring...

I also think Nog needs a victory against Sylvia,Arlovski,or Gonzaga before he gets a title shot.

well, i think Big Nog have a legitimate shot for the title, i am not a pride lovers for sure as you can see in all my post but when a guy won a fight, well he won the fight and if the next step was suppose to be a championship fight well, it is ok with me !!

Franklin was not very impressive against Okami but the winner was supposed to have a title shot and he got it !!

Nog is not a newb fighter, when he came to the ufc it was as a title contender !!

cmill21
10/30/07 10:47:40PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

well, i think Big Nog have a legitimate shot for the title, i am not a pride lovers for sure as you can see in all my post but when a guy won a fight, well he won the fight and if the next step was suppose to be a championship fight well, it is ok with me !!

Franklin was not very impressive against Okami but the winner was supposed to have a title shot and he got it !!

Nog is not a newb fighter, when he came to the ufc it was as a title contender !!

Something that saddens me...I will have to give you props for a good post, with a good example and respect towards a legend.
tuvok500
10/30/07 10:53:09PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Something that saddens me...I will have to give you props for a good post, with a good example and respect towards a legend.

Still waiting my props man !!!

it was a joke or what ???

Pitbull09
10/30/07 11:15:39PM
Randy is no coming anytime soon obviously. What I think is more important, is why when the heavyweight division is slimming that Dana White still continues to ignore AA. Its getting retarted now to "bench" him and he needs to get over his last fight (WHICH AA WON MIGHT I ADD!) and give him a fighter. I have seen worse fights than that one and for a guy who is potentially giving rashad evans or mike bisping a title shot after their previous fights, it makes utterly no sense at all.
cmill21
10/30/07 11:29:46PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Still waiting my props man !!!

it was a joke or what ???

Gotta spread the love , you'll get em no worries.
CwB
10/31/07 4:26:53AM
couture will not be able to settle his fued with dana in time for feb.
what does everyone think about the outcomes of these fights does nog take em all or does couture or tim win?

(what if couture came back as LHW and challenged rampage) never gonna happen but what if...