Couture Backs Bisping's Title Prospects

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Couture Backs Bisping's Title Prospects
MMAcca
10/28/08 1:40:38PM
Randy Couture has become the latest big name mixed martial artist to mark Michael Bisping out as a future champion.

The UFC heavyweight champion, who faces Brock Lesnar next month, told SunSport http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/article1865038.ece that Bisping is “doing the right things”.

He also described the Wolfslair middleweight as “explosive” and said he was impressed with the way he handled Chris Leben at UFC 89.

"Michael had a spot on game plan... he managed to counter and make Chris pay for every step he took towards him."

He added that Bisping ”was patient and showed some maturity by not letting the crowd get to him and force him to go toe-to-toe with [Leben]... It's an important step for him in his development.”

Recently, former UFC light-heavyweight champion Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson said Bisping has the potential to be a champion at middleweight.

Bisping himself has played down talk of challenging Anderson Silva soon, saying he is in no hurry and would prefer to develop over a few more bouts.

LINK
ohiostate1016
10/28/08 1:43:39PM

Posted by MMAcca

...he is in no hurry and would prefer to develop over a few more bouts.

Translation...wait for Silva to retire or go up to 205 for good. Then, take the vacant title and dominate for years.

[that would be my plan too by the way]
Livershot
10/28/08 1:51:58PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by MMAcca

...he is in no hurry and would prefer to develop over a few more bouts.

Translation...wait for Silva to retire or go up to 205 for good. Then, take the vacant title and dominate for years.

[that would be my plan too by the way]

The intelligent approach some would say
Twenty20Dollars
10/28/08 2:05:37PM
I'll give credit where credit is due, bisping is hard to control on the ground. It seems no one can keep him down.
tuvok500
10/28/08 3:15:53PM
Bisping is in the right weight division now, he slowly improve all the time, he is not ready to fight Silva for sure but with more training and more fights to gain experiences he will become a top contender.

Every TUF winners got a lot of times and a lot of fights to improve before having a shot for the title, i don't see why Bisping would have to rush things.

He got 3 MW fights , that's all so no rush here for sure.

I think he need to have at least 3 more big wins before going for the title, no matter if it is Silva on top or not. So let say Hendo or Franklin, then Maia, then Marquardt or Okami or Cote, if he beat those guys i say he is ready.

I personally don't see him beating Maia and Cote tho...

aaa9erh8er
10/28/08 4:21:07PM
i think hed beat cote mia im not sure i dont really no him. i think he needs to beat a hendo or frankin tho b4 he could get a title shot but thats just my opinion.
hey tuvoc whats a blitkrieg
Red-Dragon
10/28/08 5:04:29PM
Who am I to argue with Randy
4u2nv
10/28/08 5:15:25PM
I say he fights Maia bc thats a good test of his jits and then fights Cote when he returns from his injury.
nickcuc547
10/28/08 6:40:56PM

Posted by tuvok500

Bisping is in the right weight division now, he slowly improve all the time, he is not ready to fight Silva for sure but with more training and more fights to gain experiences he will become a top contender.

Every TUF winners got a lot of times and a lot of fights to improve before having a shot for the title, i don't see why Bisping would have to rush things.

He got 3 MW fights , that's all so no rush here for sure.

I think he need to have at least 3 more big wins before going for the title, no matter if it is Silva on top or not. So let say Hendo or Franklin, then Maia, then Marquardt or Okami or Cote, if he beat those guys i say he is ready.

I personally don't see him beating Maia and Cote tho...

He may be three wins away from being ready for a title shot, but in that division he may only need one more win for a shot at the title. I agree Maia would take him but I think he could beat Cote.