UFC counter-programming...their *own* programming?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC counter-programming...their *own* programming?
emfleek
3/6/10 12:38:30PM
UFC 89: Bisping vs. Leben is scheduled to air tonight at 7:00pm on Spike.

I do believe there's another Zuffa broadcast being shown on Versus tonight, right?

Strange. Why they would want to do that is beyond me.
emfleek
3/6/10 12:40:28PM
Nevermind...sort of.

UFC 89 is scheduled to end just as the WEC broadcast begins. However, they're still showing UFC: Best of 2009 on Spike.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
3/6/10 1:26:10PM
All this counter programming may bite zuffa in the ass . Apparently UFC is looking to put counter program strikeforce's cbs card . Coker said if that happens he may just move it back a week , essentially counter programing the WEC's first ppv . Considering so many people are up in arms about paying for a WEC ppv anyways , watching the free cbs card will just make the decision that much easier .
postman
3/6/10 1:44:12PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

All this counter programming may bite zuffa in the ass . Apparently UFC is looking to put counter program strikeforce's cbs card . Coker said if that happens he may just move it back a week , essentially counter programing the WEC's first ppv . Considering so many people are up in arms about paying for a WEC ppv anyways , watching the free cbs card will just make the decision that much easier .

at least we agree on that lol
prozacnation1978
3/6/10 1:50:43PM
i'll never pay a dollar for a wec pay per view ever
i think ufc needs to think
pushing strikeforce back won't even net them 100 k pay per view buys

only thing i could think of, is if ufc puts wec event on versus for free to counter it
Twenty20Dollars
3/6/10 3:24:05PM
i think i saw this happen on another WEC event, like a ufc program was on spike when WEC was going to be on that night.
jae_1833
3/6/10 4:17:57PM
It may hurt the PPV buys, but either way they will get #s for either one watched.
DJSyko
3/6/10 5:23:34PM
why wont most of you's pay for the WEC cards? they have been way more entertaining than the UFC cards lately, there may not be that many big names but thats because they havnt went big time yet. infact i think WEC has been the most entertaining MMA show over the past year, better than UFC, Strikeforce and Dream. You guys are lucky that you can get to see it live, we in the UK cant see it at all, Legally.
jae_1833
3/6/10 7:02:46PM

Posted by DJSyko

why wont most of you's pay for the WEC cards? they have been way more entertaining than the UFC cards lately, there may not be that many big names but thats because they havnt went big time yet. infact i think WEC has been the most entertaining MMA show over the past year, better than UFC, Strikeforce and Dream. You guys are lucky that you can get to see it live, we in the UK cant see it at all, Legally.

To put it plainly.....because we are spoiled! If you recieved something for free for like 5 years and then all of a sudden someone wanted to charge you $50 for it, how would you react?
seanfu
3/6/10 9:55:13PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by DJSyko

To put it plainly.....because we are spoiled! If you recieved something for free for like 5 years and then all of a sudden someone wanted to charge you $50 for it, how would you react?

I'm insulted that they actually think they have enough talent to warrant a ppv.

I wouldn't pay to see all their stars in one night tbh. I'll watch em all on mma-core.

It's stupid, hopefully strikeforce counters and we see less than 100K ppv.
Kpro
3/7/10 12:40:40PM

Posted by jae_1833

If you recieved something for free for like 5 years and then all of a sudden someone wanted to charge you $50 for it, how would you react?

I ended up filing for divorce.
emfleek
3/7/10 12:48:35PM

Posted by DJSyko

1 - WEC cards are available for "free" in the states *if* your local cable company offers Versus as a non-premium channel.

2 - Not all cable/satellite providers offer Versus. Mine doesn't even give you the option to pay extra for it. It's not available, period.

3 - I was willing to pay to watch last night's card online. However, a streaming feed was only provided for those who live outside the US (for $4.99). Those of us in the US that don't have Versus have to wait until March 8th (2 days later) to be able to stream the event, which is dumb. I'd gladly pay $4.99 to watch a WEC event online...but not 2 days later. I won't pay for an event when I already know the results.
ncordless
3/7/10 1:15:38PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by jae_1833

If you recieved something for free for like 5 years and then all of a sudden someone wanted to charge you $50 for it, how would you react?

I ended up filing for divorce.

Greatest post in internet history.