Countdown to De La Hoya/Mayweather....Who are you picking?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Countdown to De La Hoya/Mayweather....Who are you picking?
POLL: Will you buy this PPV event...??
Yes 10% (2)
No 48% (10)
Maybe 5% (1)
Free (Bar,Friends....Scam) 38% (8)
Trapt1nw0nder
5/3/07 2:26:50PM
Is anyone else here pumped for this fight? I know i am...

Who do you all pick to win?

are you even gonna buy it?

I will for sure buy it and i will be rootin for DLH....alot of people think this will be a 12 round borefest,but DLH is not the type to sit back and let the fight slip away from him.DLH is like the Randy Couture of boxing...everyone loves the guy,and he just knows how to pull it off when everyone thinks he is down and out.....I reallllly hope Oscar pulls it off so we can see PBF cry in front of our very eyes!!! i think he would....a first loss would kill him!!!!

xthe_scottx
5/3/07 2:35:32PM
I'm gonna watch it in a bar with some friends. I don't watch as much boxing as MMA but I still enjoy it. Though I'm thinking Mayweather is taking this fight, I'll be rooting for De La Hoya.
Violentcuv
5/3/07 2:38:16PM
Im hoping for De La Hoya also.... but think that Floyd will pull it off..... He is in seasoned more than Floyd.

Im going to an amateur mma event saturday night then going over to my friends place and hopefully will be able to catch the whole fight..... Sometimes these mma events run over late though as u all know.......
shackle
5/3/07 2:47:35PM
Yeah it would be nice the see De La Hoya shut up the "pretty boy", but I don't think it will happen.

I will stream aka scam haha :)

Posted by Violentcuv

Im hoping for De La Hoya also.... but think that Floyd will pull it off..... He is in seasoned more than Floyd.

Im going to an amateur mma event saturday night then going over to my friends place and hopefully will be able to catch the whole fight..... Sometimes these mma events run over late though as u all know.......

cowcatcher
5/3/07 3:16:10PM
either way i think MMA still wins because PBF is gonna put on a jab and run snooze fest......i really hope DLH KOs him early so PBF will STFU
pv3Hpv3p
5/3/07 4:51:35PM
I'm with most of you guys... My heart's with Oscar, which is kind of weird to say since I've never been that big of a fan... But in all reality, unless he can land a real clean left hook, I don't see PBF losing this or any other fight anytime soon.

-P
Trapt1nw0nder
5/3/07 5:05:54PM
*Copy/Paste from older thread...instead of retyping my look on this fight again..

I also hate Mayweather,but i think he will pull it off

but Oscar has a big heart and very wise!...wisdom can beat speed anyday,its all about timing.For Oscar to pull it off he will have to do what he does best,Oscar has the better,stronger jab so he should keep that in Floyds face the whole fight.....he should stick to the body the whole first half of the fight(rounds 1-6),and hopfully slow Floyd down a bit and hopfully land some good headshots in the later rounds...

But this will be the most important issue...Who the Referee will be!!!

I hope its Steve Smoger or someone with his style at refereeing,cuz Floyd is the type that throws a quick little combo,and steps in for a clinch and waits for the ref. to seperate them,but Smoger is the type that makes you fight out of the clinch..."Punch your way out"...he's my fav. ref from them all!

so if its a shitty ref. that lets Floyd pull off those tactics i will be pissed!

i also cant believe Floyd is saying this will be his final fight,but i call bs...but if he does then its lame cuz we will never see Floyd up against any of the new up and comers like Cotto,Malignaggi,Margarito,or even a rematch with Judah

i will be pulling for De La Hoya all the way,and you never know.....this DOES seem like "The year of the Upsets" after all..
cowcatcher
5/3/07 5:08:42PM
judahs hands might be as fast or faster than PBF's so a rematch would be good, i also think cotto is as good of a youngish boxer as ive seen in awhile
fedorwins1
5/3/07 6:28:51PM
Can't wait for this fight, I got DLH by dec.
xchickox
5/3/07 7:47:43PM
Mayweather With Ease

then stick him in against the muscle shark and watch him get brutally destroyed
Lay_N_Pray
5/5/07 3:03:48PM
Sherk is going to be ringside. I hope he brings his title with him and just stares at Floyd without saying a word after Floyd wins.

If Sherk has the balls to sit ringside, which he does, then Mayweather will know Sherk is ready to back up his mouth so Floyd would look like a punk if he doesnt adress the situation.
Trapt1nw0nder
5/5/07 3:44:27PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Sherk is going to be ringside. I hope he brings his title with him and just stares at Floyd without saying a word after Floyd wins.

If Sherk has the balls to sit ringside, which he does, then Mayweather will know Sherk is ready to back up his mouth so Floyd would look like a punk if he doesnt adress the situation.

sherk is stupid to actually be calling out mayweather.....sure he'll kick his ass in the cage,but still....its stupid that he thinks Mayweather will actually waste his time to fight a nobody. when he is making 20 million on 1 fight alone....sure Mayweather was the one talking crap,but never to Sherk in particular,and now Sherk is doing all this talk just to be in the spotlight.....this is even much more pathetic than Tito calling out Dana.

So...bottom line...Sherk should just drop this cuz he is embarrasing himself

Fanboy 1988
5/5/07 4:52:41PM
I don't think Sherk's embarrasing himself, you better bet if some one called me out to a fight I'd be right there getting in his face, I would'nt care who the guy was.... Sherk's just letting him know he's not scared of him.
Mastodon2
5/5/07 6:45:42PM
Sherk isnt embaressing himself, Mayweather dissed MMA and Sherk is just offering him a chance to back up his words.

I want DLH to win this one. I know people think PBF is a better boxer but I think DLH will be clever and work around that and take him out.

People are couting DLH out before the fight. This is 07. People counted Couture out.
Trapt1nw0nder
5/5/07 7:13:13PM
I think he is embarrasing himself......If Sherk knew Mayweather he would know that he's all talk.He was obviously just doing this to get under people's skins,and get some good PR in the meanwhile..

Sherk will beat Mayweather no doubt in the cage...so him calling him out if pretty pathetic move on his part cuz we all know almost any other lightweight in the UFC will do better than Mayweather would in a MMA match...besides Floyd is a natural 140 if not less and Sherk is like a Natural 170 if not more....so he is kinda being a bully and trying to take advantage
zephead
5/5/07 9:15:41PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

sherk is stupid to actually be calling out mayweather.....sure he'll kick his ass in the cage,but still....its stupid that he thinks Mayweather will actually waste his time to fight a nobody. when he is making 20 million on 1 fight alone....sure Mayweather was the one talking crap,but never to Sherk in particular,and now Sherk is doing all this talk just to be in the spotlight.....this is even much more pathetic than Tito calling out Dana.

Sherk isn't embarassing himself. He is gonna show the world just how much a trashtalking fool Mayweather is. Floyd had to reason or business shooting his mouth off about the UFC. Why you are calling Sherk a nobody, I can't understand. In the MMA world Sherk is somebody and that's all that counts.

Floyd might not have directed his ignorant comments to Sherk in particular, but when he disrespected Sherk when he disrespected the UFC and sid what he said. Sherk isn't doing this to be in the spotlight, he's doing this to shut Floyd up. He's telling Floyd to put his money where his mouth is. If Floyd wants to fight Sherk, I'm pretty sure Dana will offer millions to Floyd if he wins. And will probably offer him a mill or two to just step into the cage.
www-WeLoan-us
5/5/07 11:11:20PM
BOXING = BORING......MMA Rules!!!!
www-WeLoan-us
5/5/07 11:15:32PM
totally agree. Its not like Mayweather needs the $$ if you run your mouth back it up .....should 'nt be for the $$$ he should want to prove his point. I am sure if he got paid 50 million to fight sherk in the octagon he would make some excuse that its not enough....I guess I see he is right its not enough becasue it would cost him his carreer. Sherk would crush that trash talker ..
skiba97
5/6/07 12:43:15AM
As much as i like mma compared to boxing, i have to say tonights fight was pretty good to say the least. Im suprised i managed to stay up till 5am to watch it but it was worth it. I had de la hoya by 1 point, i was pretty disapointed he didnt get the win, but it was a really close fight. Im not looking foward to mayweather talking shit over the next few weeks, he was pretty disrespectfull to oscar in his post fight interview...
loller90278
5/6/07 1:22:50AM
boring fight.. i'd give it to oscar cuz if a contender wants the belt.. he should decisively win the fight and not counter-pounch
hippysmacker
5/6/07 5:03:42AM

Posted by zephead

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Sherk isn't embarassing himself. He is gonna show the world just how much a trashtalking fool Mayweather is. Floyd had to reason or business shooting his mouth off about the UFC. Why you are calling Sherk a nobody, I can't understand. In the MMA world Sherk is somebody and that's all that counts.

Floyd might not have directed his ignorant comments to Sherk in particular, but when he disrespected Sherk when he disrespected the UFC and sid what he said. Sherk isn't doing this to be in the spotlight, he's doing this to shut Floyd up. He's telling Floyd to put his money where his mouth is. If Floyd wants to fight Sherk, I'm pretty sure Dana will offer millions to Floyd if he wins. And will probably offer him a mill or two to just step into the cage.

:

Exactly. Floyd started it, I got no problem with Sherk finishing it.
Svartorm
5/6/07 5:08:58AM

Posted by skiba97

Im not looking foward to mayweather talking shit over the next few weeks, he was pretty disrespectfull to oscar in his post fight interview...

I can't say I was surprised by that, but that takes some serious balls to start bad mouthing someone that you just beat by Split Decision. When you were about two punches away from losing your first fight, maybe you should show some humility. I read an artile about Mayweather in the new ESPN magazine today though, and doubt he'll get a clue though.
Trapt1nw0nder
5/6/07 9:12:40AM
that was the most i have seen Mayweather beaten after JLC.....Oscar didnt do what i wanted him to and that cost him the fight......Oscar had the better jab and whenever he would use it he would connect good and snap Mayweathers head back and do damage....the way he fought would be a great gameplan if he got some jabs in there in the mix

i had mayweather 115-113......I was proud of Oscar either way....he didnt back down and he showed alot of heart......After seeing how the fight went down,I am sure DLH in his prime(the DLH that fought Mosley) would beat Mayweather,cuz DLH looked like crap last night,and his movement just wasnt there.......the fight was only close because of his heart alone

I hope Mayweather fights Cotto next....Im sure Cotto can beat him...especially with his signature body punches

i was seeing ESPN NEWS and they said that it was 1 round away from being a draw.....judge Jerry Roth gave Mayweather the last round which DLH clearly won....so if he would of scored it for DLH it would of been a draw

Much respect for Oscar!...he never fails to give us a great fight!

Fights like this are the reason i love boxing more than MMA......bottom line...the best MMA fights dont even compare to the best Boxing fights