Countdown to UFC 92

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Countdown to UFC 92
Franklinfan47
12/23/08 10:52:55AM
For those who missed it, its streaming in its entirety on ufc.com.

I actually thought it was really well done. If you have the time, I recommend it!
ohiostate1016
12/23/08 11:05:25AM
Yeah, this is the best one I've seen in awhile. They did a great job of getting casual fans pumped up for the Rampage/Wandy fight by showing how serious this rivalry is.

They also did a great job of profiling Nog, which is amazing because they haven't done a great job in the recent past of clearly defining what most of these original PRIDE guys are about.

I know that I'll get lots of haters here, but one reason that the UFC has thrived in the US (and a reason that PRIDE did not) is because they really know how to play up the drama. Joe Rogan and Dana White can get any fan pumped up for any fight, and that's part of the reason they've been so successful.

Props to the UFC.
ohiostate1016
12/23/08 12:54:20PM
Pookie
12/23/08 3:16:37PM
it aggravated me that they stole lyoto footage and tagged it onto mir though
MikeyG
12/23/08 3:25:12PM
rampage dosnt seem as pumped as wand which leads me to believe hes going to lose a decision or TKO, bad news for page unless he LnP's, some say that they didnt think the standup in the 1st fight was fair but page wasnt doin' anything significant and i agree with the standup

Posted by Pookie

yeah that was strange, oh well mir is going to lose anyway and they will set up brock vs mir 2 after brock gets beat as well
Wolfenstein
12/23/08 3:49:03PM

Posted by Pookie

Yeah I thought that was from UFC 84, wasn't sure though so glad to get some confirmation on that.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't watch the countdown because I can start getting swayed by the hype. When Silva started talking about being so angry it makes him "shake"...well if I were Rampage I would be intimidated. It seems like you watch video's of Rampage's training and they're all playing grab ass, while Wanderlei is wearing a taped up snorkel and smashing tires with a sledgehammer. Either way I think this was the fight that received the best hype.

I'd like to see a countdown of Mir and Nog that doesn't recount their rehabillitation from life-threatening accidents. Granted it's a great comeback story but I'm just tired of hearing about it. Give me something new. Either way I almost forgot that Mir has great kicks. He was pulling off some sick spinning back kicks in the video.

Rashad and Forrest-- can't wait to see the fight but I would have liked to have seen a little animosity between the two.

copcopps
12/23/08 5:51:14PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by Pookie

Yeah I thought that was from UFC 84, wasn't sure though so glad to get some confirmation on that.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't watch the countdown because I can start getting swayed by the hype. When Silva started talking about being so angry it makes him "shake"...well if I were Rampage I would be intimidated. It seems like you watch video's of Rampage's training and they're all playing grab ass, while Wanderlei is wearing a taped up snorkel and smashing tires with a sledgehammer. Either way I think this was the fight that received the best hype.

I'd like to see a countdown of Mir and Nog that doesn't recount their rehabillitation from life-threatening accidents. Granted it's a great comeback story but I'm just tired of hearing about it. Give me something new. Either way I almost forgot that Mir has great kicks. He was pulling off some sick spinning back kicks in the video.

Rashad and Forrest-- can't wait to see the fight but I would have liked to have seen a little animosity between the two.

same here on all aspects, I was really shocked on how all Frank said was: "i'm not gonna get submitted but he's like a zombie." It just sounds like Frank knows he's gonna lose