Countdown to UFC 100

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Countdown to UFC 100
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/4/09 6:22:32PM
Just a reminder that Countdown to UFC 100 will air this Tuesday night on Spike. Also, tomorrow night (Sunday) is the beginning of the four night countdown of the UFC's 100 greatest fights. Some pretty good stuff to get everybody pumped up for next Saturday.
chuckw94
7/4/09 8:39:36PM
damn! i'll be on the airplane to las vegas.
prozacnation1978
7/5/09 12:59:01AM
i'll be at the fights but i'll dvr the spike tv countdown
PABLOMAFIOSO
7/5/09 12:56:19PM
Does anyone know anything more about the UK TV coverage? Will anyone pick it up in time to show the countdown show?
prozacnation1978
7/6/09 9:32:36AM
i have to say watching them lastnight i did scratch my head a few times
some fight were alot higher than i thought like edgar vs griffin,
some probably should not have made it,
looks like it will be a popularity contest with gsp, penn, silva, and lidell
i won't doubt if all their fights in the ufc end up on the top 100
lidell vs horn and white should not have made it,
i have ben watching to see how many fights live are on there so far
i have been to 2, my goal was 8 or so
DCRage
7/6/09 10:32:49AM
Don't forget that the entire 5-part series airs as a marathon Saturday from 5-10 PM ET on Spike. The last hour is the final episode counting down the top 20.
prozacnation1978
7/7/09 1:16:42AM
looks like top 100 is a popularity contest top 50 will see more couture fights, more lidell and gsp.
what a joke!
king_katool
7/7/09 2:01:19AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

looks like top 100 is a popularity contest top 50 will see more couture fights, more lidell and gsp.
what a joke!

anything voted on by "fans" is a popularity contest, 50 fights into the top 100 im scratching my head on some of these,

i think they shouldve got all the fighters to vote on the fights instead of the fans
shevtheman
7/7/09 11:50:43AM
Argggh they need to sort out UK coverage already! If there was a crying smiley i would be using it right about now
Rush
7/7/09 4:19:18PM

Posted by shevtheman

Argggh they need to sort out UK coverage already! If there was a crying smiley i would be using it right about now

Here you go

breakdown5
7/7/09 11:13:20PM
There were some questionable fight rankings.

As a side note, did any one think that Frank Mir looked like the elephant man or something in his interview segments. He looked like he was recovering from a serious lumping.

CanadianCripplr
7/8/09 1:58:59AM
I havent even watched the whole UFC countdown and Im pumped for this card. I have never had a couple guys I want to see get pounded like Bisping and Mir. What a pair of egomaniac bigmouths.
I think Brock and Dan are gonna make the pair of them a helluva lot more humble than they are right now. Sayin Hendo might not even have 1 braincell....cmon, show some class. Id bet that Hendo has a college education and bisping doesnt.
Bispings line " I ll say he wont take me down " yah right ....
prozacnation1978
7/8/09 2:17:44PM
i am heading to vegas late tonight, but i am pumped for the fights, it will be a crazy couple days in vegas
ThereIis
7/8/09 2:21:54PM
I just really hope that frank mir can take out lesnar.
cowcatcher
7/8/09 2:21:58PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i am heading to vegas late tonight, but i am pumped for the fights, it will be a crazy couple days in vegas

have a good time man, tell arianny cowcatcher says thanks
mkiv9secsupra
7/9/09 12:28:16AM
Bisping is going to knock out Henderson?!
GOOD LUCK BISPING!!!

hippysmacker
7/9/09 2:51:49AM
I have never seen anybody get owned as bad as Lesnar did in that show. The both are trash talkers,and I admit I am puling for Frank, but I could see Lesnar literally trying to maul him.
Rush
7/9/09 7:00:40AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I have never seen anybody get owned as bad as Lesnar did in that show. The both are trash talkers,and I admit I am puling for Frank, but I could see Lesnar literally trying to maul him.

I don't know. IMO they made both fighters unlikeable (unless you liked one in the first place.) They really seem to be putting the villan role on Brock and the hero role on Mir, eventhough they both came off as douches to me

Though I have to say, as much as I don't like Rogan, I thought he was dead on when he described Lesnar as the guy at the front of the pack, riding the biggest horse, weilding the biggest sword. I cna just picture Lesnar as an Ajax kind of character in historical warfare.

Then you see him one handing the sledge hammer on the tire. lol
copcopps
7/9/09 5:21:55PM
I like the evil vs evil with Brock and Mir.

BTW why the heck is Lawlor +600?
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/9/09 6:16:43PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by hippysmacker

I don't know. IMO they made both fighters unlikeable (unless you liked one in the first place.) They really seem to be putting the villan role on Brock and the hero role on Mir, eventhough they both came off as douches to me

Though I have to say, as much as I don't like Rogan, I thought he was dead on when he described Lesnar as the guy at the front of the pack, riding the biggest horse, weilding the biggest sword. I cna just picture Lesnar as an Ajax kind of character in historical warfare.

Then you see him one handing the sledge hammer on the tire. lol

agreed 100% ... and personally i don't even have much interest in lesnar vs mir...my true main event is GSP vs Alves
CanadianCripplr
7/9/09 7:43:35PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I didnt really think it was too one sided. I keep picturing Lesnar doing the pro wrestling thing where bad guy beats guy sensless , gets him down for the one, two...and he picks guy up by the hair and says not yet, then proceeds to hurt the guy somemore before the pin. I think its bad plan to make him mad but clearly its Mirs plan to make him crazymad so he might make a mistake like last time.
Was I the only one who thought Brocks tirade about Masagatti [sp?] was funny? Id like to punch the stache off his face....he seemed truly pissed bout it.