Cotto retains WBO title with win over Clottey

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Cotto retains WBO title with win over Clottey
komodo20
6/14/09 9:42:02AM
Referee Don Trella scored the fight 116-111 and John McKaie 115-112, both for Cotto, while Tom Miller had it 114-113 for Clottey. The Associated Press scored it 116-112 for Cotto.

Do you agree with the decision it was a very good fight and very close fight but you have to give it to Cotto. Cotto had a crazy cut over his eye from a head but in the third round he was fighting back with blood coming down his face the whole fight.
Jackelope
6/14/09 10:14:34AM
Too bad. I really like Clottey. I didn't see the fight but I was hoping he'd pull out the W. Cotto is no joke, though
KingCmb
6/14/09 10:53:53AM
imo clottey got robbed im not a huge hater on cotto but i think he is overrated and in my eyes lost that fight either way he did show alot of heart fighting through the cut and i can respect that
The_Metal_Maniac
6/16/09 11:30:39PM
I too saw it as a Cotto UD. I'd say the knock down in round one won him the fight. The cut on Cottos eye really started to effect him in the later rounds. Clottey could have taken advantage on many occasions but instead chose to not rush in and attempt a knock out, when he had Cotto hurt. I think the judges who scored the fight so lopsided should have their license revoked. The fight was ultimately decided by one round in my opinion. Both guys are great boxers, I hope Clottey doesn't hang them up like he said he would.
Pookie
6/30/09 4:15:44AM
Can a judge score a round 9-9 if one fighter thoroughly loses the first round but manages a knockdown with the one successful punch he throws that round.
Does it have to be 10-8? Very close fight.

Clottey looked damn impressive, i think he has a great style to fight mayweather although it will never happen.
babalu46
6/30/09 8:59:09AM

Posted by Pookie

Can a judge score a round 9-9 if one fighter thoroughly loses the first round but manages a knockdown with the one successful punch he throws that round.
Does it have to be 10-8? Very close fight.

Clottey looked damn impressive, i think he has a great style to fight mayweather although it will never happen.

I'm no expert but i'm sure that a round can be scored 9-9. Wish i could have seen the fight i'm a big fan of both boxers.