Bisping 33% (10)
Akiyama 27% (8)
Sakara 13% (4)
Lawlor 0% (0)
Sonnen 3% (1)
joshryanshepherd
8/10/09 3:04:08AM
Possible Opponents-

Wanderlei- would be a great battle and possibly FOTY, neither will be KOd and neither would go for a takedown.

^would love that fight!^

Bisping- would be a very legit comeback fight for Mike and Cote. hopefully Cote would take it, only way Bisping would win imo is if he dragged out a UD.

Akiyama- if sexy is wanting to prove hes UFC material then stepping up a notch to fight Cote would be a fun fight for all fans.

Sakara- he definately moved up some ranks with a W over Thales, would be a great fight with Cote.

Lawlor- not that interesting of a fight but if Tom came to put on a show we might see a nice KO from Cote.

Sonnen- this fight would be the most boring out of the ones i listed but it would still be a good match up for both fighters.
PABLOMAFIOSO
8/10/09 7:49:01AM
Wanderlei would be a good fight which would probably end in a KO IMO. Akiyama would also give Cote a good fight.
pv3Hpv3p
8/10/09 8:43:00AM
Sakara makes the most sense to me... Both have solid standup and normally want to keep it there... I see Pat taking this one though, not too many guys that have a chin like his
prozacnation1978
8/10/09 10:19:35AM
sakara will never make a main card the way he fought sat night,
sonnen is fighting in oct

i do think cote will face bisping in nov main event
or on vegas card against a belcher, or even irvin or gouveia now that the fight is gone now
KaibaThedon
8/10/09 11:56:56AM
I think these are all good fights for him, but a fight against Bisping in Machester would definitely be fun.

Bisping won't be able to knock him out, and maybe he'll keep circling to his left again... cuz we know theres NO power in Cote's right hand.

(But I don't think he'd follow with the flying forearm shiver haha)
RiseUp21
8/10/09 12:04:50PM
Dana basically confirmed at Fridays Q&A that Bisping and Wandy would be happening in the UK.
Irish_Pride
8/10/09 12:17:32PM
I would love to see Cote fight Wandy, Akiyama, Sakara, Belcher, or James Irvin. I think any of those fighters against Cote would be a great stand up war and would be a very interesting fight to watch.
thunderstruck
8/10/09 1:55:37PM
add vitor / marquardt / hendo /okami to this list also .
Nightmare27
8/10/09 3:02:56PM
Cote has been out of action for so long I think that they should give him somebody to work his way back into form. Im sure that he would rather fight one of the top guys in the division but that may not be the smartest approach.
RhythmAndStyle
8/10/09 3:04:11PM
to tell you the truth he should really fight Drew McFedries..see who gets knocked out first..if not than Akiyama..but I still think Akiyama is too much for Cote...
mkiv9secsupra
8/10/09 3:38:12PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

to tell you the truth he should really fight Drew McFedries..see who gets knocked out first..

Cote already beat McFedries very convincingly

He should fight Sakara imo. Hell need a tune up fight and Sakara is going to make Cote look very good before throwing him to the lions again
joshryanshepherd
8/10/09 3:39:53PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

to tell you the truth he should really fight Drew McFedries..see who gets knocked out first..if not than Akiyama..but I still think Akiyama is too much for Cote...

Cote and Drew have faught, and cote was left standing.

Cote would eat Sexy alive IMO, Pats only downfall has been his Jits and now working with Serra for the past months it has definitely tightened up