COTE WILL NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY ANDERSON SILVA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » COTE WILL NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY ANDERSON SILVA
MMAcca
10/22/08 8:27:28AM
Some of the greatest stories that have ever happened in the sport of mixed martial arts have been the upsets when underdogs overcome the odds and take out the heavy favorite. From Matt Serra finishing Georges St. Pierre to Gabriel Gonzaga knocking out Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, the upset has become a staple of great MMA action.

The next fighter who will hope to add his name to the list of upset victors is Canadian heavy hitter Patrick Cote, who faces middleweight and widely regarded pound-for-pound king Anderson Silva this Saturday night in Chicago for the UFC 185-pound divisional title.

While the odds are stacked against Cote going into the fight, he remains calm and doesn't care what the "experts" say only what he will do in the Octagon.

"I don't care about the odds," Cote said recently on MMAWeekly Radio. "It's just better for my friends, and everybody who believes in me will put money on me and they will be a lot richer after the fight."

LINK
saemskin
10/22/08 9:02:21AM
I believe him. When you fight as a professional for your livelyhood, you are not "scared" of anyone. You know the worst thing that can happen is that you lose and get knocked or chocked out. So what?
I think alot of us compare this to being at a bar where you can get your head literally split wide the **** open. Not the same thing at all.
Sledge23
10/22/08 9:17:24AM
Cote may not be scared, but he knows what he is about to get.
There's no way you can be getting ready for a fight with Anderson Silva and think that your not gonna get hit too hard.
4u2nv
10/22/08 9:47:42AM
Well being a fighter u can't be Intimidated. You have to go in knowing what u have to do, and what to do when things don't go ur way. Good thing about the Spider is he's not a intimidating guy. He's ultra humble and respectful. As for if u were fighting Wandy this guys stare downs sometime calls for the Ref to call a TKO. So.... Cote is right, but i hope he doesnt pull a Starnes on us.
saemskin
10/22/08 10:12:44AM

Posted by 4u2nv
Wandy this guys stare downs sometime calls for the Ref to call a TKO.

HAHA yes!