Cote to face off with fellow slugger Belcher at ufc 83

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cote to face off with fellow slugger Belcher at ufc 83
Gipper
2/7/08 2:51:33PM
cote 1st round ko/tko

if my prediction is rite.....title shot?

rabbit915
2/7/08 4:02:15PM
Are you suggesting that a win over Belcher is going to get Cote a title shot? Hes gotta beat some of the big boys before he gets anywhere near a title shot.
RMFG_187
2/7/08 4:21:07PM
for my 100th post. Cote Rnd 1 Sub
krthll1
2/7/08 4:33:55PM

Posted by rabbit915

Are you suggesting that a win over Belcher is going to get Cote a title shot? Hes gotta beat some of the big boys before he gets anywhere near a title shot.

Who else do you give the title shot to? The only other fighters I can think of would be Yushin Okami, Thales Leites, or possibly Evan Tanner. Leites hasn't fought top competition and Tanner would have only one fight in. That pretty much means Cote or Okami.
wrona666
2/7/08 4:56:39PM

Posted by RMFG_187

for my 100th post. Cote Rnd 1 Sub

well you will probably be the only person picking Cote by submission.....
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
2/7/08 5:00:09PM
my wild prediction is Cote' will be the middleweight champion in 2008
maybe Decembers main event.
SPARX
2/7/08 6:18:54PM
If Cote knocks Belcher out and wins his next fight, im pretty sure hes gonna get a title shot.
tuvok500
2/7/08 6:24:01PM
Cote rd 1 TKO !!

Mayhem13
2/7/08 6:27:36PM
I think Cote has 2 more wins he needs to get before a title shot.

1 over Belcher
1 over a big name ,Okami, Franklin, Marquardt, Leben, Herman, even Almeida...

then he gets a shot.
Boo_Radley21
2/7/08 6:46:41PM
Cote is going to knock Belcher on his ass.
gartface
2/7/08 9:43:32PM
Cote vs Franklin/Marquardt would be sick.
Pookie
2/7/08 9:48:03PM
Belcher might just put him on his back the whole fight...

looks like hes the underdog, good bet with 4-1 odds
Kastro
2/7/08 9:55:15PM
Cote KO RD 1!!
whardin19
2/7/08 10:33:05PM
Whoa! Easy on the title shot comments. Patrick Cote still has awhile before he gets a shot. In my opinion the guys got to beat a Rich Franklin or Nathan Marquardt. Until then he's not getting a title shot. As a matter of fact I think Alan Belcher will give Cote all he can handle, and I might go with Belcher when I pick the fight.
DevonFoxy
2/7/08 11:36:39PM

Posted by Mayhem13

I think Cote has 2 more wins he needs to get before a title shot.

1 over Belcher
1 over a big name ,Okami, Franklin, Marquardt, Leben, Herman, even Almeida...

then he gets a shot.

I agree with you except for the part in which Leben is a big name.
He beat Martin and will probably beat Leg but no way is he near the top. A loss to Starnes is what hurts him most I think but his win over Martin was impressive though he was lossing the fight be4 the knock out.

Cote is being built as something big which im happy for him but can you imagine what Dan Henderson would do to Cote???? wow. Its scary if Cote wanted to stand with him.

Cote will prolly win but Belcher is no joke so it could be closer then many think.
rabbit915
2/7/08 11:38:08PM
Cote has to get through Belcher and then someone like Franklin or Marquardt before he gets thrown into title contention. Thats not easy task.
tberg420
2/8/08 8:34:05AM
I still don't think that Cote can beat a good wrestler. However, Belcher isn't that great of a wrestler. Did anyone else see Kendall Grove own Belcher? Cote by 1st Round TKO as Belcher will get way too cocky and thinks his stand up is way better than it should be.
FantasyFighter
2/8/08 12:24:01PM
I think Cote's title shot depends on who wins between Anderson and Dan. If Anderson wins, I think UFC will give a title shot next, not because he beat one of those top guys ya'll are talking about, but because Anderson already beat all those guys. If Dan wins however, he probably will have to fight one of those Marquardt, Franklin types.
whardin19
2/8/08 8:22:07PM
I'm really excited about this fight! Cote has impressed me lately as has Belcher in his last few fights. Should be a war and I can't wait to watch it!
Rush
2/10/08 12:50:23AM
Côté is a couple wins off a title shot. He's in a strange spot right now. He is about equal or higher than some of the guys he has lost to in the past, but I really don't think he is necessarily top in the division. Côté needs to get a win against a grappler to secure him a title shot. Okami is the only one I see Côté having a shot at beating right now.... without being to reevaluate his ground game.

Thales is probably the guy I would give a title shot to next. He should fight a top 5 guy and see what happens. Nate or Okami would be good.

If Côté wins this fight against Belcher, he needs to win one more against a top 5 guy for a title shot. Okami is the only one that I see him having a chance at beating.

ncordless
2/10/08 1:42:40AM
I will laugh my ass off if Cote wins and gets the title shot, then Hendo wins. Cote/Hendo would be one of the biggest mismatches for a title in UFC history.

EDIT: to expand on what I was saying, Anderson/Cote is a mismatch as well. But at least the fight will be a style that Cote has a chance. If it's Cote/Hendo, I can tell you exactly how the fight will happend in six words:

Right Hand, Crucifix, ref stoppage, hospital