Cote Eyes Late Summer Return, Wants Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cote Eyes Late Summer Return, Wants Silva
MMAcca
4/28/09 1:06:32PM
UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is currently receiving heavy criticism for his two most recent performances, but at least he is able to practice his chosen craft in front of an audience.

The same can't be said for Patrick Cote, whose most recent bout was a loss to the current champion at UFC 90 last October. He has been out of action ever since.

LINK
HumanTarget
4/28/09 1:45:53PM
Cote please don't even mention Anderson's name in a sentence.
Twenty20Dollars
4/28/09 2:07:12PM
Anderson seems to have other plans.

Lets see what we can get for Cote.....

There doesnt seem like a lot of big time names for him to fight, because they are tied up in fights.

Quarry
Reljic
Leites
Kang
Professor X
Creduer
Sir_Karl
4/28/09 4:51:11PM
Cote is the man!
Yo...dude...humantarget or whatever.
Please don't disrespect Cote like that.
He most certainly doesn't deserve such disrespect.
I am appalled at that comment.
The only thing Silva can do against Cote is possibly eek out a decision.
I think Cote can put him away....as do many others...including Patrick Cote himself...and that's all that matters.

Wolfenstein
4/28/09 5:41:57PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Cote is the man!
I think Cote can put him away....as do many others...including Patrick Cote himself...and that's all that matters.

Is that a troll attempt?

At first I didn't think there was much reason for a rematch, but at this point I'd like to see a rematch just to shut Cote up. He made some recent comments regarding Thales Leites poor performance, which is pretty hypocritical in my opinion. At least Leites won a couple rounds, and admitted his performance was poor. Cote on the other hand seems to be in denial.
ziegler3334
4/28/09 9:07:34PM
not so bold prediction: we will not see cote fight silva again
Amigop
4/28/09 10:47:12PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by Sir_Karl

Cote is the man!

Is that a troll attempt?

hahaha if it was it wasnt very good
sparky
4/29/09 9:32:31AM
Id love to see Cote get another shot at the Spider the last fight wasnt even finished and Cote was actually fighting trying different things. I want to see them finish what they started and I know Cote and the Spider do to!!!!!!!
LakieMan
4/29/09 5:09:26PM
Cote is gonna have to win a fight or two first, understanding that he lost due to injury. I say Quarry?
Aether
4/30/09 9:01:26PM
well if he wanted another fight he should have tried throwing some punches in the first one. I like Patrick but wow he has really been impressed with his performance which consisted of him walking in circles until his knee randomly exploded.

I think this is a by-product of the UFC's marketing machine. I think Patrick is going into his next fight feeling pretty invincible. Could be a bad or a good thing I guess.