Cote or Almeida?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Cote or Almeida?
Next Page »
POLL: Who do you want to win?
Cote 28% (17)
Almeida 72% (44)
puppetmaster837
6/27/08 5:09:46PM
If the upcoming Cote vs Almeida does earn the winner a title shot, who would you rather see fighting Silva for the title? I would much rather see Almeida fight Silva. I think it would be much more competitive. If Cote goes in there and tries to strike with Silva we all know that it would be a brutal KO for the Spider. But Almeida is a great grappler, i think he could be a style that would give Silva much more troubles.
MFOTHER
6/27/08 5:12:33PM
i want cote to win, because i like him as a fighter, but i agree almedia would be the better title fight.
MMAcca
6/27/08 5:13:48PM
Almeida
joshryanshepherd
6/27/08 5:42:16PM
i would rather see Almeida get the shot because he does have the better chanced of dethroning the Brazilian king but i think Cote will win it....
juanez13
6/27/08 5:45:13PM
Same (almeida).......i've said it before, it will take a pure grappler to beat silva (or at least give him the most problems)....someone like Maia, Jacare, or Almeida because they know they've got no chance standing, and would take the fight to the ground every time is standing. Henderson did good in the first round, but he got too comfortable with his stand up and got caught, but even than i still think it takes more a BJJ grappler to beat anderson, because unlike Henderson who doesnt mind staying in a guard(which is something you shouldn't do against silva since he is very good at neutralizing an offense with his guard), but all the BJJ guys are always looking to pass.

Mchubb316
6/27/08 6:56:09PM
I agree as well about grapplers giving him more trouble. Lutter has been the closest at beating Silva, but chose a weak armbar attempt, and ended up getting stopped. Cote is a good fighter, but Almeida matches up better with Silva. If there was such a thing.
prozacnation1978
6/27/08 6:57:50PM
i want cote to win, he always will have punchers chance to knock him out by if he is on the ground almeida will submit him, i am going with cote right now, might change it next week
Khaos
6/27/08 8:01:30PM
I personally don't care who win, both title fights would be good, for the sake of I pick, I'm choosing Almeida.
TWITA
6/27/08 8:19:14PM
Almeida's arsenal seems to have an edge over Cote - but I like what Cote has been doing recently. I'm going with Almeida but this could go either way.
jimmypockets
6/27/08 9:25:32PM
Almeida is a wizard when gets ahold of you. I think that cardio wins this fight. Cote should be able to stuff takedowns for a while but if Almeida has more in the tank at the end I think he finishes him via choke.
Scott_Revels
6/28/08 4:31:50AM
Cote's fight with Lutter keeps flashing in my head, and until Cote can prove he has a ground game, I am playing it safe and going with Almeida.
Taylor8766
6/28/08 11:12:01AM
I would rather see Cote fight Silva, because I dont believe Silva can knock Cote out, I mean Cote's been in there and has been hit hard, and I dont think hes even been rocked, and not only that if he connects one on Silva it could defineatly be the end.
MMAcca
6/28/08 11:17:11AM

Posted by Taylor8766

I would rather see Cote fight Silva, because I dont believe Silva can knock Cote out, I mean Cote's been in there and has been hit hard, and I dont think hes even been rocked, and not only that if he connects one on Silva it could defineatly be the end.

Cote can be sloppy.

He's getting knocked out for sure if he fights Silva.
teddythetuna
6/28/08 12:21:36PM
I want cote to win because he has come a long way and turn things around. but i think almeida would be a better match up for Silva. But i think Henderson is going to be the one to de-throne Silva.
xtra_chewy
6/28/08 5:12:00PM
I'm pretty back and fourth on this fight, everyone makes a valid point. But Cote definately has a punchers chance of catching Almeida early but I think Almeida's superior grappling will get the fight early and he will have control early in the first and sub Cote. But still wouldnt be surprised to see Cote get the TKO.
teddythetuna
6/28/08 6:00:56PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Cote is nearing his Brown Belt in JJ and i think that is going to be very helpful against Almeida. He isnt going to submit Almeida but he just needs to avoid submissions until he gets the ko. The lutter fight happened almost 2 years ago. Im sure he has improved since then.
HMA123
6/28/08 8:48:47PM
i went to Almeidas BJJ school last year.. to be honest its not a good school at all. didnt learn much, class's were boring if you want to say that, Ricardo is NEVER there,just plain old not a cool school. Luckily i did get to train with him once, and hes pretty cool (his wife a maniac if any of you never knew that lol), but i ended up leaving.. but on the topic i def want almeida
otacon279
7/1/08 4:52:52PM
Almeida has the best squeeze in the business.. but I would love to see Cote win.

Cote 1st round KO
Pitbull09
7/1/08 5:04:20PM
I dont see why ppl are saying Almeida has a better chance against Silva but prob will lose to Cote? If he can;t take Cote's shots, how in the world will he be able to stand with Anderson?

Anyways I had Cote at first just because his last fight amazed me with the jaw he has. But thats not what matters for this fight. Almeida will submit him if it gets to the ground and I think he will manage to get there.

Almeida 1st round sub
mkiv9secsupra
7/1/08 5:30:29PM
Almeida will get dominated on the ground, feet and clinch against anderson....
Cote will at least have a half decent chance at striking with anderson so i want Cote to win
goatse
7/1/08 5:31:18PM
whos alameda?
mkiv9secsupra
7/1/08 5:37:24PM

Posted by goatse

whos alameda?

i dont know who alameda is........probably some guy........

i know who almeida is though........
goatse
7/1/08 5:39:01PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by goatse

whos alameda?

actually its a city in the bay area, why do you ask? this is an mma forum not a geography class
mkiv9secsupra
7/1/08 5:49:18PM

Posted by goatse

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by goatse

whos alameda?

actually its a city in the bay area, why do you ask? this is an mma forum not a geography class

i honestly dont know how to respond to a comment like this......its pretty damn confusing. whay are you talking about a city now?
Pookie
7/1/08 6:14:33PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by goatse

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by goatse

whos alameda?

i honestly dont know how to respond to a comment like this......its pretty damn confusing. whay are you talking about a city now?

He's trolling you... i use to live in alameda before....just saying
mkiv9secsupra
7/1/08 6:22:50PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by goatse

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by goatse

whos alameda?

He's trolling you... i use to live in alameda before....just saying

haha yeah i realized that after he started talking about how Shogun hasnt fought anybody worht more than a prelim
theguido
7/1/08 6:32:05PM
Almeida for sure his experience would help aginst a guy of silva's talent. Great bjj could give the champ real problems in the right situation.
mach
7/1/08 10:42:37PM
quick everyone pick Cote so that when Almeida wins i'll get more points for an underdog bonus
prozacnation1978
7/2/08 12:12:33AM
i hAD COTE FOR MONTHS, but spacing off at work the other day i tried to anaylze it in my head for a hour, and it came down to cote can knock out fighters who stand but against ground and bjj artists like lutter and almeida he will get submitted as quick as slyvia against big nog. it's his crypotonite, i want cote to win but i changed to almeida if he doesn't get knocked out,
MFOTHER
7/2/08 1:44:24PM
i think youy guys are taking his loss to lutter too seriously. out of 4 loses 2 are decisions and two are subs. One of those decisions was to titio, (when tito was still good).

Now the subs. Lutter did beat him quickly and decisively, i dont remember the dorkson fight, but joe is no joke.

He has however fought great ground guys that he HASN'T lost to.
He TKO'd jason doomsday, and SUBMITTED jason mcdonald who has a great ground game
mcdonald has 16 submission wins(out of 20......%80), and only one other submission loss.

IM not saying cote's ground is his biggest problem, but it also insnt like he is terrible.....he can def hold his own

NOw almedia......out of 9 wins 4 are subs.......%44........ obviously his groun is his bread and butter, but its not like he has subed everyone he fought.....)he did sub nate the great however.......)

im still kinda undecieded about this fight, i just wanted to illustrate, that cote isnt as terrible on the ground as many thought..........
Pages: [1] 2