Costas Philippou Wants the Winner of Brian Stann vs. Wanderlei Silva Next

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Costas Philippou Wants the Winner of Brian Stann vs. Wanderlei Silva Next
FastKnockout
1/4/13 11:20:51AM
Costas Philippou will take some time off to let various injuries heal but when he comes back he wants the winner of the UFC on Fuel 8 main event.

Link
jae_1833
1/4/13 11:25:10AM
Stann v Pou is gtg ... I have absolutely no desire in seeing Wandy vs either of these guys ... I do not want to see Wandy destroyed again.
sparky
1/4/13 11:26:11AM
Costa vs either one of these guys makes for a great fight. Here's to hoping Joe Silva seen this request
JLS1980
1/4/13 11:39:56AM
More than likely Stann should beat Silva. I think that will push Stann back towards the top 10 in a division where theres about 12-14 guys that can be argued into the top 10. I like the Stann vs Philippou matchup.

Part of me was thinking Philippou deserves a higher ranked oppenent. If he wants to make a run towards the top of the division.

With that win over top 10 opponent Tim Boetsch, I know have Philippou in my own personal top 10 rankings.
kopower
1/4/13 11:45:55AM
I like Stann vs Philippou much more than Wandy. Costa is making a nice run lately, and Stann would prove a nice challenge.
Theoutlaw08
1/4/13 12:10:39PM
I think I'm agreeing with most of the other posts. Id rather see him vs. Stann. More interesting fight, and a bigger challenge.
frizzzlecake
1/4/13 1:22:22PM
Wait you guy's think Wand is actually going to show up for his beating?

Wand Drops out due to injury, and Costa steps up for a great fight.
prozacnation1978
1/4/13 2:02:28PM
I can see this as a main event for fuel tv or fx this summer
airkerma
1/4/13 3:37:50PM
After a win over Boetsch I have Pou bordering on top 5...I think 7-8 or so. In my eyes, he should fight someone higher up than either of these guys. Lombard would be a great matchup or Okami to break into that top tier in MW.
tcunningham
1/4/13 4:25:10PM

Posted by jae_1833

Stann v Pou is gtg ... I have absolutely no desire in seeing Wandy vs either of these guys ... I do not want to see Wandy destroyed again.

my thought exactly. i think either guy will destroy wandy. costas has nasty hands with real KO power, thats not a good fight for wandy.
jjeans
1/4/13 4:53:32PM
I'd rather see the winner face Tim Boetsch, to me both Boetsch and Stann are very stylistically similar...

A fight against Stann takes him down in the rankings in my opinion... If I were phillipou, I'd be calling out Okami personally