Correct me if I'm wrong (A discussion about the wagering system)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Correct me if I'm wrong (A discussion about the wagering system)
Colbyk5
10/14/07 10:54:56PM
Hey, I've been using this site now for a few months and have decided to speak up for the first time using the forum.

I wanted to discuss the wagering system. Now...correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've noticed and looked through, if you bet on a favorite in the wager system you get back less than you bet, rather then in vegas or a real betting system you get back the money you bet, plus the money based on the odds, favorite or not. I went through a few peoples histories of wagering and added everything up both ways (the way I see it on here and a true gambling way, just to make sure and check whether or not I was messing up, and the non-vegas/traditional way was the one that added up with the totals shown on the site)

If I was totally wrong in my assumption previously, then ignore the rest of this and just tell me I'm an idiot and clearly miscounted or understood how this system works...if not, well...this should be changed starting in season 3 (and 2 of the secondary league) I really think it's a waste of time having a wagering system if you can't be rewarded for betting on favorites and thus, makes the whole experience worse and waste of everyones time.

Anyways, just wanted to throw that out there, wrong or otherwise. Thanks for the great system that we have in other areas, and thanks to everyone who works hard to keep this thing going strong.
tuvok500
10/14/07 11:31:30PM

Posted by Colbyk5

Hey, I've been using this site now for a few months and have decided to speak up for the first time using the forum.

I wanted to discuss the wagering system. Now...correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've noticed and looked through, if you bet on a favorite in the wager system you get back less than you bet, rather then in vegas or a real betting system you get back the money you bet, plus the money based on the odds, favorite or not. I went through a few peoples histories of wagering and added everything up both ways (the way I see it on here and a true gambling way, just to make sure and check whether or not I was messing up, and the non-vegas/traditional way was the one that added up with the totals shown on the site)

If I was totally wrong in my assumption previously, then ignore the rest of this and just tell me I'm an idiot and clearly miscounted or understood how this system works...if not, well...this should be changed starting in season 3 (and 2 of the secondary league) I really think it's a waste of time having a wagering system if you can't be rewarded for betting on favorites and thus, makes the whole experience worse and waste of everyones time.

Anyways, just wanted to throw that out there, wrong or otherwise. Thanks for the great system that we have in other areas, and thanks to everyone who works hard to keep this thing going strong.

well, the big difference here is , you can't refill your bankroll if you lose it, something that you can do in real life.

as for your bet, well, if you put 500$ on +200 guy, you win 1000$ and you keep your 500$, and if you put 500$ on a -200 guy, you win 250$ and you keep your 500$.

i don't understand what is wrong here man, if you win , you keep your bet and you win whatever you were suppose to win.

it is perfectly ok man !!! LOL

if you have 1000$ and you bet 500$ on a +100 guy, well you win your 500$ and you keep your bet, so you will have 1500$, !!

there is no problem here.

Colbyk5
10/15/07 12:05:35AM
Well done, I was wrong the whole time and hadn't been adding things up correctly when looking through past wagers as I never subtracted the value that was supposedly laid down at the start, thus giving me a correct number regardless of the way being what I thought was...incorrect.

Thanks, and as I said...hey, don't blame me if I ****** up. Haha.
tuvok500
10/15/07 12:25:36AM
no problem man, it can happen to anybody !!