Cormier on Jones and the fight with Vitor

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Cormier on Jones and the fight with Vitor
POLL: Who is currently the P4P #1
Jones 13% (4)
Anderson 77% (24)
Aldo 0% (0)
Cruz 0% (0)
JDS 3% (1)
DON KING...smasher (other) 6% (2)
airkerma
9/27/12 3:09:52PM
SmileR
9/27/12 4:30:41PM
How come GSP isn't on the list? Him and Anderson are the top two without doubt.
tcunningham
9/27/12 5:35:54PM

Posted by SmileR

How come GSP isn't on the list? Him and Anderson are the top two without doubt.

^ i second this
postman
9/27/12 7:39:05PM
Yeah I tend to look at P4p as if all things were equal in terms of weight who would end up winning. I think GSP would have been too much for anyone preinjury post we shall see.
Bubbles
9/27/12 7:50:28PM

Posted by postman

Yeah I tend to look at P4p as if all things were equal in terms of weight who would end up winning. I think GSP would have been too much for anyone preinjury post we shall see.

ghandikush
9/27/12 11:03:36PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by postman

Hes much more complete than Silva but GSP in his Prime got beat by Matt Serra and that will always haunt him in career legacy. Makes us all feel like hes one punch away from being the highest paid contender ever.
Bubbles
9/27/12 11:50:07PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by postman

Hes much more complete than Silva but GSP in his Prime got beat by Matt Serra and that will always haunt him in career legacy. Makes us all feel like hes one punch away from being the highest paid contender ever.

and Silva in his prime got subbed twice by C-level fighters.
ghandikush
9/28/12 12:00:34AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by postman

Not prime by a long shot.
kingsmasher
9/28/12 12:54:55AM

Posted by postman

I disagree with the list and think like Cormier....Jon Jones is the top of the list....Nobody has even come close to taking him down or out....

Silva was almost in big trouble apparently....but I have questions about that fight and when u fail a drug test it should be thrown out....

GSP is/was great yet to be determined.. but also had a significant reach adv for his weight class....thats why his wrestling was/is so good...reach helps in wrestling...

But I think Jon Jones is by far the best P4P...

He fought guys that are simply more rounded ...Shogun is a great striker, BJJ as for dominating somoene who is so good like Shogun in many areas well GSP and Silva just hasnt facaed #1 contenders to the extent as Jon Jones has done for the past year...they prolly never will...

Jon Jones will continually just have haters cause hes so good...you either love or hate him....Like the Yankees, Lakers, Patriots, Lebron James or whoever is dominant...

This is mostly about growing up and giving credit where credit is due...

Silva will NOT fight Weidman....You cant sit here and say Silva is the best P4P...Weidman will actually be the first guy Silva has ever faced who is really well rounded....Like Weidman said...Silva and them say they want to take time off then Weidman gets surgery then Silva signs to fight Bonnar...TO give him P4P status anymore is not recognizing all his actions good and bad...

Bonnar is such an underdog the fight holds no interest for me...
ghandikush
9/28/12 1:02:51AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by postman

I disagree with the list and think like Cormier....Jon Jones is the top of the list....Nobody has even come close to taking him down or out....

Silva was almost in big trouble apparently....but I have questions about that fight and when u fail a drug test it should be thrown out....

GSP is/was great yet to be determined.. but also had a significant reach adv for his weight class....thats why his wrestling was/is so good...reach helps in wrestling...

He fought guys that are simply more rounded ...Shogun is a great striker, BJJ as for dominating somoene who is so good like Shogun in many areas well GSP and Silva just hasnt facaed #1 contenders to the extent as Jon Jones has done for the past year...they prolly never will...

Jon Jones will continually just have haters cause hes so good...you either love or hate him....Like the Yankees, Lakers, Patriots, Lebron James or whoever is dominant...

Silva will NOT fight Weidman....You cant sit here and say Silva is the best P4P...Weidman will actually be the first guy Silva has ever faced who is really well rounded....Like Weidman said...Silva and them say they want to take time off then Weidman gets surgery then Silva signs to fight Bonnar...TO give him P4P status anymore is not recognizing all his actions good and bad...

Silva beat Rich, Marquardt, and Hendo, all were prime and all well rounded.
kingsmasher
9/28/12 3:08:27PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by postman

I kinda disagree...Especially with Marquardt...he was beaten by way too many guys...I dont find those guys that good really...compared to present fighters..

Back then they were ok but as far as the way fighters have evolved and are more well rounded and top of their game.....Jones is beating just better guys who can win in more ways...

Basically 205 is the deepest division and closest second beside LW...

Im curious who does Jones have to beat to be the best P4P...Silva will not even fight Weidman....Silva I think personally after training with Munoz to learn to wrestle and watch Munoz get destroyed in wrestling prolly doesnt make him want to take that fight...

Time will tell...I think the fight doesnt even happen....

Jones submitted Belfort, Rampage, Lyoto, stopped Shogun, Rashad almost ended Veras career with the eye socket....has used many different sub techniques....Basically hes beating strikers at striking and wrestlers at wrestling....and hes really never lost yet been on his back or any trouble....
ghandikush
9/28/12 4:09:51PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by postman

I kinda disagree...Especially with Marquardt...he was beaten by way too many guys...I dont find those guys that good really...compared to present fighters..

Back then they were ok but as far as the way fighters have evolved and are more well rounded and top of their game.....Jones is beating just better guys who can win in more ways...

Basically 205 is the deepest division and closest second beside LW...

Im curious who does Jones have to beat to be the best P4P...Silva will not even fight Weidman....Silva I think personally after training with Munoz to learn to wrestle and watch Munoz get destroyed in wrestling prolly doesnt make him want to take that fight...

Time will tell...I think the fight doesnt even happen....

Jones submitted Belfort, Rampage, Lyoto, stopped Shogun, Rashad almost ended Veras career with the eye socket....has used many different sub techniques....Basically hes beating strikers at striking and wrestlers at wrestling....and hes really never lost yet been on his back or any trouble....

Anderson never lost in his prime either. BTW Rashad is a wrestler with some punching technique and lots of power, which is not that dynamic, not any more dynamic than Marquardt or Hendo.... Belfort was MUCH more impressively defeated by anderson and beaten first, and Rampage just lost an ugly decision to Ryan Bader while he was on TRT..... Think before you post because Jones only beat two great fighters in prime form (Lyoto and Shogun)

Shogun also is not very dynamic. He is pretty much just a puncher these days.

Anderson Beat a prime Hendo straight out of pride and made it look easy. Jones has nothing but spectacular wins but the only edge he has on Anderson is that he decisively beat Lyoto who imo is a better fighter than Anderson ever fought.

That aside I believe Anderson is 15-0 in the UFC and Jones is 10-1

Jones= 6 major wins
bader
shogun
rampage
lyoto
evans
belfort (questionable at lhw)

Anderson= 10 major wins
Rich x 2
Marquardt
Hendo
Griffin
Maia (questionable but 6-1)
Sonnen x 2
Belfort
Okami

I think this will be a better way to look and decide
Bubbles
9/28/12 6:40:39PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

and neither was GSP
DancingDoll
9/29/12 8:08:39AM
For me, it's:

1. Silva
2. GSP
3. Jones
ghandikush
9/29/12 9:21:40AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

and neither was GSP

Could have sworn from the way he destroyed Matt Hughes and beat BJ Penn at that time he was in his prime....

But anyway, his prime wasnt until after he had his last loss
Boo_Radley21
9/30/12 2:28:32AM

Posted by DancingDoll

For me, it's:

1. Silva
2. GSP
3. Jones

Yes
BigBadAl
9/30/12 10:00:33AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21