Cope Tests Positive for Steroids

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cope Tests Positive for Steroids
Sticksta13
1/25/07 4:15:26PM
source= front page of sherdog

well now with a 1-4 record this isnt gonna help out

waylon_o
1/25/07 4:17:45PM
Go ahead and stick a knife in him fellas...he's finished. (as if he ever really started)
Sticksta13
1/25/07 4:55:36PM
lol no joke I just had to shake my head when I read that

WAR RAZOR
Gomiera
1/25/07 5:28:58PM
Sorta disappointing that so many fighters have been tested positive lately. Worse yet, all of them have lost their respective fights.
--Hinch--
1/26/07 5:15:42AM
Well, I guess he beat that homeless taxi driver in Muay Thai due to 'roids.

Owned.
Omega
1/26/07 9:05:38AM

Posted by Gomiera

Sorta disappointing that so many fighters have been tested positive lately. Worse yet, all of them have lost their respective fights.

In my experiance steroids don't even help with your game in MMA. So many fighters caught taking steroids and they were on the losing end anyway. I won't disrespect Kope by rubbing it in but he's never made the full transition to MMA.
Savy
1/26/07 4:31:53PM
Imagine stepping into the cage/ring knowing that you've cheated. Talk about guilt?? One must feel like a real piece of !@#$.
I have no pity or sympathy for any of these cheaters.
A fighter should be banned for life after 2 positive tests.
Set an example early in the evolution of our sport.
nate22
1/27/07 9:16:23AM

Posted by Savy

Imagine stepping into the cage/ring knowing that you've cheated. Talk about guilt?? One must feel like a real piece of !@#$.

Good thoughts I think, It's a shame about Cope as he's always been one of those dicks that i've liked.
zephead
1/27/07 10:10:41AM
It's a shame. I guess some people don't know the feeling of what it's like to earn something through hard work and determination.
nate22
1/27/07 9:06:22PM
I wouldn't go that far, Cope has acheived one hell of alot without aid from drugs in the past, it's a shame those past achievements will be tarnished due to recent activities.
tffdwg38
1/27/07 11:40:45PM
glad to see mma is cracking down on these roid users
the-james
1/28/07 2:47:13PM
Its always the fighters who lose that get caught taking steroids
Kit Cope
Stephan Bonnar
Kevin "the seteroid Monster" Randleman

I guess it dosent give you that much of an advantage
Stickan
1/29/07 6:17:04PM

Posted by Gomiera

Worse yet, all of them have lost their respective fights.

Shouldn't that be a good thing?
It'll make people realize that there are no shortcuts to the belt.
Savy
1/31/07 12:48:28AM
They don't always lose.
Although Thiago Alves did not test positive for steroids after he defeated Tony Desouza at UFC 66, they did find a banned diuretic that can be used to mask steroid.
Makes you wonder...
mrsumo
1/31/07 1:09:18AM
I watched this show on MTV a ways back about steroids. It followed like 3 or 4 guys with their steroid use for a cycle. Each had different reasons for wanting to take them. One was a fashion model trying out for a cover shoot, one was some dude who wanted to look good topless at a nightclub and the other was a MMA fighter. With him they followed him around during workouts, and administration where there was actually a doctor giving him the injections. He went through an entire cycle, cleaned out, and fought. The event they showed was a KOTC. One of their outdoor events. He ended up winning but said on camera that he wanted the quick edge but will never use them again. Has anyone else seen that show? I can't remember his name but i'll try to look that show up on the net. I wonder if he is still competing?
Svartorm
1/31/07 4:17:39AM
You'd figure that would pretty well ruin his career. If I ran an MMA org, I wouldn't sign the guy who went on tv doing roids and then fought.
roadking95th
2/1/07 1:28:55AM
I just don't get it, Cope knew he was going to get tested. What a dumb ass. At least his show on SpikeTV is funny.
www-WeLoan-us
2/1/07 8:33:19AM
please know the facts before you try to play God and judge people
mrsumo
2/2/07 3:13:28AM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

please know the facts before you try to play God and judge people

Well,lay it on us loanshark.
www-WeLoan-us
2/4/07 11:54:24AM
My take on Kit is that it’s a drag… he took a shot 13 months ago apparently however his doctor is hesitant to testify for him for fear of repercussions. He had huge surgery on his sholder and doctors told him to take it to help recovery. He never thought it would be in his system for so long. Those are tough breaks, but lets get the facts before we judge someone. You cant hold it against Kit that he took the shot to help him heal faster not to cheat.. I should know just a liiiitle bit more since I do sponsor him. Regardless if you think he is good or not he wasnt trying to cheat.

madmarck
2/4/07 3:52:52PM

Posted by Savy

Fighters dont tend to get caught the 2nd time around. They learn from their experinces and how to cycle off the roids so they dont get caught.
Savy
2/4/07 10:59:40PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Savy

Fighters dont tend to get caught the 2nd time around. They learn from their experinces and how to cycle off the roids so they dont get caught.

whats your point bro?