CONTROVERSY OR NOT, TIM KENNEDY MOVES ON

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » CONTROVERSY OR NOT, TIM KENNEDY MOVES ON
emfleek
6/24/09 9:00:38AM
Nowadays it’s almost commonplace that if there’s an MMA show, there’s some sort of controversy. Case in point, this past Friday’s ShoMMA: Strikeforce Challengers Series event.

During the second round of the match-up between Tim Kennedy and Nick “The Goat” Thompson, Thompson tapped out due to strikes, but almost immediately began complaining that he was getting hit in the back of the head, which is illegal by Strikeforce rules.

STORY
Darnok
6/24/09 11:10:44AM
I actually thought it was a knee to his head just before Nick started to turtle. And I even replayed it a couple of times.
gabe531
6/24/09 2:24:51PM

Posted by Darnok

I actually thought it was a knee to his head just before Nick started to turtle. And I even replayed it a couple of times.

me as well, and right after nick got up he was complaining of a knee.
Svartorm
6/24/09 5:10:16PM
I have two thoughts on this.

1. Yes, he got fouled, but tapping out wasn't the best thing to do at the moment. Yelling "foul" would have more than likely immediately gotten a response and it was poor on his part for not thinking on his feet.

2. Thompson was getting rolled hard in that fight regardless. Tim Kennedy has gotten to much better since his last fight, its scary, and anyone that saw the first minute of that fight knew Thompson didn't stand a chance out there.
Edwards
6/24/09 5:26:49PM
i hate to see a fight end that way and i like the goat but he was getting schooled i honestly didnt see another outcome.
Wolfenstein
6/24/09 6:04:53PM
Honestly, I think Nick was being a bit of a crybaby. One--he was getting smoked...and sure he got hit a couple times in the back of the head accidentally, but it's not like he was getting socked in the back of the head...I mean when you turtle up, expect that you mightcatch a few grazing shots to the back of the head. Too often guys turtle and try to use the back of their head as some sort of safety net to avoid punishment.