Contract Cuts

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Contract Cuts
Ben99901
4/7/09 11:38:20AM
Do you think if Wand or Shogun Lose without a good Performance, Maybe a chance they will get cut?

i dont think theyd cut wand or shogun YET, makes for too many good matchups
DCRage
4/7/09 11:45:27AM
Silva probably will stay around but it's not a given. Rua, at least how I see it, MUST beat Liddell or he's gone.
KaibaThedon
4/7/09 11:46:35AM
Wand really shouldnt be cut as even if he loses he "likes to show emotion to his fans"

He's still a big name, but if he gets KO'ed again in the first, there will be discussions

Shogun has showed some promise, but if he blows his wad in the 2nd again, and chuck owns him, he should be outta here too
babytater03
4/7/09 12:45:37PM
I don't think either is in imminent danger of getting cut, however, if Wand or Rua don't turn in a "W" here and are soundly KO'ed or beaten badly you may see the same posting that Dana made about Chuck his last go around. Their star power should keep them out of the nonchalant pink slip talk but will definitely have their names come up in the conversation.

basically what's already been said.
1daveufc
4/7/09 1:44:00PM
I posted somthing the same not long back but it was shogun and chuck.I think we need go performance from both and its close for rua if he does not put in a good fight with chuck.After wandy fights rich then his next fight at middleweight will be the big one for him.Shogun struggling cause he can not kick when the other fighter is on the mat lets hope he turns it around.WAAAAAR WANDY AND SHOGUN
Franklinfan47
4/7/09 2:46:26PM

Posted by DCRage

Silva probably will stay around but it's not a given. Rua, at least how I see it, MUST beat Liddell or he's gone.

I saw it the other way around. Its usually two straight losses in the ufc and your gone, and Rua is coming off a win coming into this fight (a fotn no less, for some odd reason). Wand, on the other hand, is coming off a loss so if he loses to Franklin I think he is more likely to be cut.

Honestly though, I think both are such big names, neither is likely to get cut even if they do lose. Will have to wait and see.
Twenty20Dollars
4/7/09 3:01:46PM
Neither guy will get cut.

Especially wandy, cus dana loves that guy. Always comes to fight and gives it his all.
slapshot
4/7/09 3:33:22PM

Posted by Ben99901

Do you think if Wand or Shogun Lose without a good Performance, Maybe a chance they will get cut?

i dont think theyd cut wand or shogun YET, makes for too many good matchups

No and No
fullerene
4/8/09 8:32:27PM
Wanderlei is a legend who is strattling two weight classes. I think the UFC can sell matches with him in it for q while. Shogun doesn't have the same security, but he also has only one loss in the UFC and that was to a guy who won the title in his next fight. I think he's safe after one more fight as well.
bls1919
4/8/09 9:23:51PM
No way either of these guys goes away ...........unless it is on their own accord. They have too much name recognition for the casual fans , and way too much " super fight" apeal with th4e hardcore fans to be gone. i want Rua VS Page and Wandy vs Cro Cop( he will be back) in the UFC
breakdown5
4/9/09 12:26:39AM
The UFC shouldn't cut either. They both have drawing power and a brawling "exciting" fighting style that appeals to the casual fans. That and I am a huge fan of both fighters.

If Shogun does get cut, look for him back in Japan (probably in DREAM). They could build an entire division to showcase Shogun.