The Contender: Muay Thai

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Contender: Muay Thai
Pitbull09
8/1/08 12:15:18AM
Anyone going to watch this. I really liked the first season of the contender and it will prob be more exciting with Muay Thai. I am seeing the first episode tonight
ufcboss
8/1/08 1:49:12AM
The show is already finished so dont search for anything about it on the net!!

Im am watching it now, Just up to the second round, Great fighters too.
Just dont expect it to be a High budget as the US contender, after the 1st episode you will see what I mean (Poor lighting for fights mainly). Great show though.
Sam_Rothstein
8/1/08 3:52:10AM
yeah dont google fighters on the contender, ive learned my lesson the hard way from prior seasons

they have been doing the contender muay thai for a season or two now but i have never watched it
Aaronno9
8/1/08 7:43:31AM
Yeah it just started here in the u.k, i caught the first episode but i missed the second becouse i forgot what day it was on. Looks good though.
SmileR
8/1/08 8:07:57AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Yeah it just started here in the u.k, i caught the first episode but i missed the second becouse i forgot what day it was on. Looks good though.

What channel is it on in the UK? I never even knew it was a show until i heard this thread.
emfleek
8/1/08 9:52:41AM
Hell, I had never heard of it until recently. I set the DVR to record the series.

I'll be watching the first episode sometime this weekend.
owen1
8/1/08 11:04:59AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Aaronno9

What channel is it on in the UK? I never even knew it was a show until i heard this thread.

Its on itv4 mondays + tuesdays at 9.They have shown 4 episodes so far I think.
scoozna
8/1/08 11:30:57AM
I nearly fell asleep. Anyone else?
Aaronno9
8/1/08 12:35:06PM

Posted by owen1

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Aaronno9

Are the episodes on tuesday a repeat of mondays episodes? or are they showing two episodes per weak?
owen1
8/1/08 1:48:29PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by owen1

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Aaronno9

Are the episodes on tuesday a repeat of mondays episodes? or are they showing two episodes per weak?

They show two episodes per week
rabbit915
8/1/08 3:05:18PM
Yeah, i watched it and i will continue to watch it but i think its dumb that it has already aired somewhere else. I tried to look up the show on wikipedia to see how good some of the fighters records are and realized that all the results were already on the page. I looked away quickly though so at least i didnt ruin it for myself.

Im hesitant to follow the threads on here because apparantly its running on a different schedule in the UK.
Pitbull09
8/2/08 5:01:35AM

Posted by ufcboss

The show is already finished so dont search for anything about it on the net!!

Im am watching it now, Just up to the second round, Great fighters too.
Just dont expect it to be a High budget as the US contender, after the 1st episode you will see what I mean (Poor lighting for fights mainly). Great show though.

I liked the fight but I was expecting the slow mo more with the inspiring music like the US contender. Kinda disapointed me as the fight isnt live so slow mo kicks and punches would make it look more polished.

I did enjoy the fight though and cant wait for next episode