UFC contender Jon Fitch says GSP, B.J. Penn are only fights that make sense

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC contender Jon Fitch says GSP, B.J. Penn are only fights that make sense
pmoney
5/22/11 12:25:00PM
In 15 UFC outings, welterweight contender Jon Fitch has defeated all but two opponents.

Not surprisingly, Fitch (23-3-1 MMA, 13-1-1 UFC) feels those rematches – against current champion Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) and ex-titleholder B.J. Penn (16-7-2 MMA, 12-6-2 UFC) – are the only fights that make any sense for him.

Fitch discussed those bouts and his injury recovery on Friday's new edition of "Inside MMA" on HDNet.

Article
hashyandy4
5/22/11 1:43:01PM

Posted by pmoney

In 15 UFC outings, welterweight contender Jon Fitch has defeated all but two opponents.

Not surprisingly, Fitch (23-3-1 MMA, 13-1-1 UFC) feels those rematches – against current champion Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) and ex-titleholder B.J. Penn (16-7-2 MMA, 12-6-2 UFC) – are the only fights that make any sense for him.

Fitch discussed those bouts and his injury recovery on Friday's new edition of "Inside MMA" on HDNet.

Article

I pretty much agree with fitch here, but i also wouldnt mine seeing him fight Shields even tho jake is coming off the GSP loss
Bythar
5/22/11 2:11:27PM

Posted by hashyandy4

Posted by pmoney

Article

I pretty much agree with fitch here, but i also wouldnt mine seeing him fight Shields even tho jake is coming off the GSP loss

I agree with the Jake Shields statement. If Nick comes over there is another fight that 'makes sense' for Fitch also.
KungFuMaster
5/22/11 3:53:51PM
As long as GSP is the welter weight champ, Fitch will continue to be in the shadows.

Of course anything can happen in a fight, but on paper, GSP is too much for Fitch.

As far as the Penn fight, Fitch should not worry too much about the rematch. If it comes, it comes and if it doesn't - well, we all know who really won the first match.
Pookie
5/22/11 4:13:36PM
I guess Fitch is tired of fighting and struggling against the Mike Pierce's and Chris Wilson's of the division.
prozacnation1978
5/23/11 9:01:15AM
Fitch's record alone after his first title shot should give him a title fight
He's like 4 or 5 wins and a draw and no losses