UFC contender Fabricio Werdum willing to wait for Velasquez-JDS winner

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC contender Fabricio Werdum willing to wait for Velasquez-JDS winner
FastKnockout
8/14/13 2:26:52PM
With three straight wins since his return to the organization, UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum is apparently willing to wait for a title shot he feels he deserves.

Link
jjeans
8/14/13 2:35:41PM
Werdum/Cain is the best HW fight the UFC can put on after JDS/Cain 3 in my eyes so I can see why he would wait it out.

That said if JDS Wins I see Cormier fighting for the title instead purely because the UFC has worse buyrates on rematches than not.
Dberntson
8/14/13 4:22:25PM
I know HW is a pathetically thin weight class in terms of top talent, but I just don't think that a win over Big Nog earns you a title fight. I guess I dont know who else to plug in there, expect possibly Brown if he beat Allister Overeem.
prozacnation1978
8/14/13 4:28:54PM
Very ironic here.

First time didn't wait. Took a fight with a newbie named jds got knocked out lost his title shot.

I do not blame werdum at all for waiting.
Best possible decision to do for him
jjeans
8/14/13 4:34:00PM

Posted by Dberntson

I know HW is a pathetically thin weight class in terms of top talent, but I just don't think that a win over Big Nog earns you a title fight. I guess I dont know who else to plug in there, expect possibly Brown if he beat Allister Overeem.

If Bigfoot can get a title shot over wins over Browne (who tore a muscle) and Overeem (who won the first 2 rounds)

Then I believe Wedrum who's 6-1 and only loss was a brain fart of a fight. With wins over Fedor, Bigfoot, a schooling of Nelson, Russow (who walked in 10-0 and had like the third longest winning streak of a HW at the time at 4-0) and Big Nog.

Also Wedrums wins over Russow, Nelson and Lil Nog have all been mind blowing.

Other than Cormiers win over Big foot they've all been a bit lacklustre.
Dberntson
8/14/13 4:37:24PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Dberntson

If Bigfoot can get a title shot over wins over Browne (who tore a muscle) and Overeem (who won the first 2 rounds)

Then I believe Wedrum who's 6-1 and only loss was a brain fart of a fight. With wins over Fedor, Bigfoot, a schooling of Nelson, Russow (who walked in 10-0 and had like the third longest winning streak of a HW at the time at 4-0) and Big Nog.

Yeah, you are probably right. I just wish HW was a more competitive and deeper weight class.
Copenhagen
8/14/13 6:06:30PM
They missed their chance at a DC vs Werdum fight, which would have produced a defacto number one contender.
george112
8/14/13 6:19:54PM
Werdum gets crushed by either imo
Webbie
8/14/13 6:50:01PM
(delete this)
jjeans
8/14/13 7:00:50PM

Posted by Dberntson

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Dberntson

Yeah, you are probably right. I just wish HW was a more competitive and deeper weight class.

Me too but the issue with HW's is what makes them so exciting. Everybody can end the fight with one punch.

Could find way more but if you're a HW who cant score a KO you better pray you have an iron chin and a solid grappling based game or else you won't go far at all.
HW's will always be the most popular fighters as fair weather fans wanna know who's the baddest dude out there, also they wanna see someone get KTFO'd and the guys who deliver most consistently are the HW's.

MMA might have a lack of decent HW's but neither does boxing. I haven't heard of a HW boxer tearing legit competition up in boxing for ages. In MMA we still have JDS and even natural BJJ guys such as Bigfoot coming in to bang!
xdanish020
8/15/13 9:06:46AM
I think he should wait as well, and it's well deserved.