Conspiracy Theories.....On Your Mark......Get Set.......Go!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Conspiracy Theories.....On Your Mark......Get Set.......Go!
POLL: Paid to lose?
Yes 16% (7)
No 59% (26)
Maybe So Maybe No 25% (11)
Dirk_Diggler
7/9/07 9:37:27AM
I was yelling at this retard as soon as he let off of Nog. Not because I wanted Herring to win but because as soon as he stood up I thought "someones getting paid not to win". I immediately started thinking UFC brings in another pound for pound big name and they surely don't want him getting knocked out via head kick pt. 2. Herring is a seasoned warrior. He's seen his share of knocked silly fighters. He wasn't in danger at all in the first round. there were seconds left after he got off of him. Nog pushed him off with his legs but just laid there because he was done. You mean to tell me Herring, a guy whose only been submitted 1 time in his career was afraid of a dazed and confused Nog on his back? Did anyone here B]not shout "What the hell are you doing?" when he let up on the pressure? The fight was over even if he couldn't rain down fists of fury. Any Ref would have stopped the fight after another 6-8 punches. We won't even get into the resemblance of Yves Lavigne to a 3 toed Sloth. The fight would have been stopped before Herring got up by another Ref. Now let's get to the 2nd round. After standing Minotauro up at the end of 1 and seeing his disposition he should of easily came out aggressive but he held back the rest of the match! Again, from someone fresh in the sport maybe, not from someone with the experience as Herring. I wanted Nog to win just like I wanted St. Pierre and Mirko but that looked, smelled and tasted bad and I'm not one to believe in conspiracies.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
TWITA
7/9/07 9:52:43AM
bro, I'm with you on your theory. It seemed very strange to me that Herring would just stand there for the final 30 sec. of Round 1 and wave for Nog to get up. Granted, Herring was gassed (almost as much as Tito was in Rd 3 vs Rashad) but even if he jumped on Nog (still seeing Tweetie Birds) for the last 30 seconds of the round, he wasn't going to be submitted. For that matter, Nog was still dazed for the first minute of Round 2 and Herring still didn't do anything to press the action.
DevonFoxy
7/9/07 10:00:06AM
ok i disagree with you 100%. There is no conspiracy here. Nog is amazing on the ground. Herring had no idea how bad Nog was hurt do to the fact the man has a rock for a face. Herring knew he was stunned but figured it would be reckless and stupid to chase after Nog and get caught in a submission. Nog is a master on his back and Herrings strong point is not on the ground. I understand what your saying but i mean come on this isn't Pro wrestling these things arn't fixed. If they were Chuck would have beat rampage after all his hype on espn and such.
Trapt1nw0nder
7/9/07 10:10:20AM
if he was paid to lose then why kick him in the face?

Dirk_Diggler
7/9/07 10:18:33AM
Watch it again, it was more like Antonio jaw butted Herring's schin. It was almost like "Ohh I got a lucky hit! I better get him now, wait...(what am I thinking I'm not suppose to wim this one) I better let him get up now. Like I said anyone with his experience would have capitalized.
pv3Hpv3p
7/9/07 10:57:56AM
I think he was just confident in the fact that he could knock him out standing up... So why take the chance... That and forcing him to stand gave Heath a better idea of how badly he was hurt...
Chuteboxer
7/9/07 11:05:01AM
I don't know dude...on one hand I can see why it's a bit too convenient Herring let him up...but on the other hand, Nogueira has an unbelievable chin. Who can say? I wanna believe Herring made a dumb mistake by being cautious, and that's that.
AchillesHeel
7/9/07 11:05:50AM
Heath Herring has no chance to beat Nogueira on the ground, and he knows it. Keeping the fight on its feet was a smart move.

otoh, after this weekend's fight, I think he probably can't beat Nogueira standing up either, so maybe it didn't matter.
Dirk_Diggler
7/9/07 12:03:22PM
I think he was just confident in the fact that he could knock him out standing up... So why take the chance... That and forcing him to stand gave Heath a better idea of how badly he was hurt...

i would have agreed with this point IF he would have came at him at the start of the second round but he just sat back and waited.
Dirk_Diggler
7/9/07 12:09:43PM
Heath Herring has no chance to beat Nogueira on the ground, and he knows it. Keeping the fight on its feet was a smart move.

I would have agreed with you also until I saw this fight. Ngueira didn't do much damage to Herring on the ground through the whole fight. The few times he had him down Herring surprised me with his escapes.
akumairon
7/9/07 1:16:33PM
no way, hearing had no chance at winning, and when he rocked him and went down to pound him out , he just had a voice of reason going on in his head and thought hey im kind of in his guard and hes a submission expert so maybe i should stand this one back up and not risk losing to tap out
pv3Hpv3p
7/9/07 1:44:41PM

Posted by Dirk_Diggler

i would have agreed with this point IF he would have came at him at the start of the second round but he just sat back and waited.

Just didn't seem like he had much in the gas tank
rcg916
7/9/07 1:53:33PM
Thats an easy one... Why would you jump into the guard of the top BJJ guy in that weight class? You wouldnt.

And, no. It wasnt a work. Neither was Serra's win, nor Gonzaga's win. These threads are getting tired...............
cmill21
7/9/07 7:21:04PM
Think of it this way...say Herring gets pissed off at dana for whatever, he could prove he was paid to take a dive, and ruin the juggernaut that is the UFC. Why would anyone take a chance? If your favorite fighter loses big woop it's not boxing where they won't get another shot for 50 years. The UFC has a great system to recognize talent and let it grow without stunting it, taking flukes into account and keeping with the fighters so they can keep their careers going. No need to fix fights. End of discussion.
ko-kbo130
7/9/07 7:25:14PM
maybe herring felt nog was rocked but he could still get submitted. but if they stood back up he could put him away. everyone is saying how nog looked so out of it, maybe herring felt it wouldda been alot easier to put him away standing instead of trying to pound one of the best bjj guys in the world.
dionmcalister
7/10/07 12:24:05AM
Mulder here. You guys are dead on. I thought I was going crazy, even Scully
didn't wanna believe this one. But it's true. The powers that be have succeeded in corrupting MMA, or more specifically the UFC, for their own selfish ends. To be sure, their designs seem convoluted and unlikely but do not, I repeat, do not be fooled. Sure, to the casual observer, indeed, for many "hardcore" fans as well, it seems like a "job" when Heath Herring jumps out of the guard of one of the top Jitz guys on the planet, fearing what? A sub?
From Nog? C'mon, that'd be a little too convenient. Like anyone would believe
Nog subbin a guy, even a B-level guy, especially given that he defeated this same fella TWICE already. C'mon, connect the dots here people.....ok, fine, I'll
spell it out fer y'all: Dana White is an human/alien hybrid. His Agenda: Beyond the moronic simplicity of our comprehesive arsenal. To be sure, this UFC gig is only a stepping stone, a mere diversion, meant solely for the entertainment purposes of a certain highly powerful group of influential co-conspirators.
Fixin fights? Of Course!! Why? Well, son, for shits and giggles, that's why. Y'know- cuz they can. But, ahem, um, you ah, didn't hear it from me.....TRUST NOONE.
zephead
7/10/07 8:33:18AM
I don't want to beleive for a second that the fight was fixed. Talk about a bad taste. It could happen, but I don't think Dana would take a chance on 2 fightesr, Herring and Nog, that he doesn't really know that well.

I was yelling at the TV myself. I had $850 on Nog, but I was yelling at Heath to end the fight. My wife even called him a idiot for not finishing it. I just think Heath was a little stunned that he hurt Nog and gassed. I'd love to see a interveiw with Heath.
Leland
7/10/07 1:45:44PM
I think Herring thought it was a flash KO and Nog was gonna take advantage when he popped out of it. He stood it back up because hes safer there, and would have a better chance. Nog was definitely not 100% after he was rocked. Why Herring didn't dominate immediately, I think was due to the fact he's not in the greatest physical condition.
veritas
7/11/07 8:34:09AM
definitely fixed...
Dom119
7/12/07 12:13:21AM
I don't care how good you are on the ground, when your KTFO YOU"RE KTFO, why wasn;t the fight called after the first two shots after the kick.....looked like the florian fights, same ref, tap from strikes, should have been called 5 punches before the tap...........was the ref paid off too.
Northrend
7/12/07 2:00:39AM
People when fighting dont think 100% and don't realize the fighters sometimes are as hurt as they really are. If the fight was a work why would TCH throw such a hard kick right at Nogs face.