Conspiracy Theories

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Conspiracy Theories
backalley101
6/3/08 6:16:53PM
I know that some of the people are saying that the Kimbo fight was fixed. That is craziness. The referees are paid by the commission, not by the organization putting on the fight. Do you honestly think that a referee would risk their entire livelihood and reputation in order to participate in a fixed fight? It is really insulting to the ref and the fighters to say such ridiculous shit. Shaw may be shady in a lot of things, but not when it comes to fixing fights. He would risk getting fined, losing his business, and his fights, to keep Kimbo undefeated. You people that think that probably also believe the conspiracy theories that we never actually landed on the moon. Right?
juanez13
6/3/08 6:23:09PM
im guessing you just heard this interview LINK
puppetmaster837
6/3/08 6:23:24PM
You act like cheating isnt in every single professional sport, why is mma different? Im not gonna refer to the Kimbo-Thompson fight but you act like referees and athletes never cheat. How about the basketball referee who just got caught? Or any sports coach that got caught betting on games. You think no fighter has ever taken a dive for money? I definitely think there was some shady stuff about that fight, but to think that this is the most honest sport there is where absolutely zero cheating happens is ridiculous
tuvok500
6/3/08 6:31:11PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

You act like cheating isnt in every single professional sport, why is mma different? Im not gonna refer to the Kimbo-Thompson fight but you act like referees and athletes never cheat. How about the basketball referee who just got caught? Or any sports coach that got caught betting on games. You think no fighter has ever taken a dive for money? I definitely think there was some shady stuff about that fight, but to think that this is the most honest sport there is where absolutely zero cheating happens is ridiculous

teddythetuna
6/3/08 6:31:24PM
I look at it this way. When was the last time you saw a fight stopped because there were 10-15 unanswered elbows? When was the last time you saw a fight stopped because someones ear was bleeding? there was something not right about it IMO
Mchubb316
6/3/08 6:34:22PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Well said. There is some cheating in all sports. Whether the public hears it or not, it is going on. I don't know if the Kimbo fight was fixed, or something was going on, but it is possible.
Ben_Hutch
6/3/08 6:52:27PM

Posted by backalley101

I know that some of the people are saying that the Kimbo fight was fixed. That is craziness. The referees are paid by the commission, not by the organization putting on the fight. Do you honestly think that a referee would risk their entire livelihood and reputation in order to participate in a fixed fight? It is really insulting to the ref and the fighters to say such ridiculous shit. Shaw may be shady in a lot of things, but not when it comes to fixing fights. He would risk getting fined, losing his business, and his fights, to keep Kimbo undefeated. You people that think that probably also believe the conspiracy theories that we never actually landed on the moon. Right?

You're thick.
dannyfrank
6/3/08 9:24:04PM
i never actually saw the fight, but it is always possible. people do stupid things sometimes for money, and that can include fixing fights
holt8081
6/3/08 9:28:13PM
ya someting was up in that fight .
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/3/08 9:47:42PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by backalley101

You're thick.

agreed.
backalley101
6/3/08 11:05:43PM
thank you