'Conspiracy' Pits Davis Against Lytle @ UFC 93

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 'Conspiracy' Pits Davis Against Lytle @ UFC 93
MMAcca
11/30/08 7:09:56AM
It’s not much of a secret anymore that Marcus Davis has great hands. The former boxer developed a respectable submission game to keep up with the UFC Joneses, and in doing so, has been more able to use his fighting base in the still-young sport.

With questions of his viability as a complete fighter long behind, Davis has found himself looking for fights that will cement his legacy as a boxer who found greatness in MMA.

LINK
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/30/08 7:24:19AM
Davis by split decision or tko due to a cut. I do not see this fight ending any other way.
Drudinh
11/30/08 7:29:45AM
This along with a few others make 93 a interesting card.
haggiswashere
11/30/08 7:43:24AM
lol cool read. I love fighters who just seem to plain love beat the crap out of each other to put on a good fight, instead of being so friggin obsessed with a win they put on boring fights to eek out a decision. WAR BOTH OF THEM!!!!
EvenFlow
11/30/08 8:50:21AM
Didnt like Davis' remark of "not sure if Lytle's a match for me" makes me want him to get humbled.

If Lytle is smart he'll take him down and submit him or grind out a decision if he fights the way hes been fighting he'll lose by cut or decision via standing with Marcus.

Lytle UD
Matimus
11/30/08 10:35:35AM
lytle UD no doubt
McBee
11/30/08 11:18:38AM
if this was a conspiracy then why did David come out with all of those I think it would be a step back wards for me a few days after Lytle called him out?
Aaronno9
11/30/08 11:49:49AM
Lytle could win this fight handily imo, if he takes Marcus down. But he wont, he'll want to slug it out as per and Marcus will get a tko or UD, depending on how well Lytles chin holds out.
PaleHorse
11/30/08 1:24:52PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Lytle could win this fight handily imo, if he takes Marcus down. But he wont, he'll want to slug it out as per and Marcus will get a tko or UD, depending on how well Lytles chin holds out.

I think Marcus is too fast for Lytle, if it went the distance or if Lytle won I wouldn't be too suprised either though, a fantastic fight that swings both ways and each of them have a puncher's chance, then they should have Davis or Lytle, whoever wins fight Anthony Johnson after his rematch with Kevin Burns (if he wins), and then maybe like Koscheck and a title shot (assuming all wins)
jay98107
11/30/08 2:58:22PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Didnt like Davis' remark of "not sure if Lytle's a match for me" makes me want him to get humbled.

If Lytle is smart he'll take him down and submit him or grind out a decision if he fights the way hes been fighting he'll lose by cut or decision via standing with Marcus.

Lytle UD

Yes I agree whole heartedly here. Especially when Davis used the fact that he beat Taylor in the first round, while Lytles fight went to a split decision to prove that he was above Lytle. He failed to mention the part of the first round where Taylor almost knocked him out.
jae_1833
11/30/08 3:10:33PM
I see this as Davis' fight, he takes control of the pace and dictates where it happens. My guess is a TKO R2 due to cut.
Khaos
11/30/08 5:49:12PM
I think Lytle should win this fight, likely a UD or MD.
tberg420
11/30/08 6:19:41PM
I cannot stand Marcus Davis at all. Who has he beaten in the UFC? If he can beat Lytle then maybe, I will give him consideration to be in the Top 10 Welterweights in the UFC. I don't think that he matches up very well in this fight or against anyone who isn't one dimensional.