Confirmed...Tim Silva vs Frank Mir. Aug 25 UFC 74

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Confirmed...Tim Silva vs Frank Mir. Aug 25 UFC 74
Next Page »
www-WeLoan-us
5/10/07 8:52:59AM
I posted last month about a possible rematch of TIm vs Frank its confirmed ...IMO its going to be a great fight I know people both bash Tim and Frank , but I think its going to be one hell of a fight . I know alot of people are going to disagree , but Frank takes this one..
waylon_o
5/10/07 9:08:39AM
If Frank takes this one, I think we will see Sylvia on a downward spiral. There are way too many good heavyweights in the division now for him to make a meaningful comeback road to the title. If he does win this, he may get a title shot in the near future simply because he just lost the belt and it's possible they could give him a shot for that reason only.
enjoi
5/10/07 9:10:32AM
Honestly Mir is done, Sylvia should take this one.
www-WeLoan-us
5/10/07 10:14:41AM
Believe me Mir isnt done...I think he comes out fired up for this fight and he is fighting in his home town(vegas) With the inside info I have I am going with FRank.......blue horse shoe loves anacott steel (Wallstreet)
waylon_o
5/10/07 10:42:04AM
Mir obviously hasn't impressed anyone since he came back, but this is a huge opportunity for him. Nobody expects him to win, so if he loses, big deal. If he wins, a lot of people are going to jump on the Mir bandwagon and with ANOTHER win after that, he would probably be a contender. I hope like hell that he wins, but I have a feeling Sylvia is gonna win this one via boring ass decision. I won' t say that Mir is done though. He's still young, maybe this will light a fire under his ass.
AchillesHeel
5/10/07 10:50:37AM
Sorry, but right now this looks like the most boring fight ever.
Trapt1nw0nder
5/10/07 11:03:24AM
Sylvia should take this one easily.....all Tim has to do is hit Mir once and that will break his will quick style....we should also see Tim fight with a fire under his butt like the last time he lost his belt..........

Tim......3rd LHK
www-WeLoan-us
5/10/07 12:24:19PM
agree...mir is still young and all it takes is 1 fight to start a streak..yeoooww...Timmy boy better be careful or he might get another arm broken....
Stickan
5/10/07 12:25:34PM

Posted by enjoi

Honestly Mir is done, Sylvia should take this one.

Dead on. He should take this one. I say Sylvia by TKO rd.1.
www-WeLoan-us
5/10/07 12:27:07PM
How can you say this sounds like the most boring fight ever? DOnt you think thats a bit of a over statement? 2 former heavyweight champs fighting ?? I think there are way more boring fights than this one just look at UFN 6/12/2007 in Florida at the hard rock then we will talk..
AchillesHeel
5/10/07 12:45:47PM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

How can you say this sounds like the most boring fight ever?

Have you seen these guys fight lately? Both of them need to make a 180-degree turn. It's not totally implausible, and I've been pulling for both of them to return to form in their last couple of fights, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Based on their recent performances, this will be a snoozer, a la Arlovski-Werdum. Sylvia by Decision.
Pookie
5/10/07 1:25:51PM
i hope this isnt the fight of the night.
rcg916
5/10/07 1:33:57PM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

agree...mir is still young and all it takes is 1 fight to start a streak..yeoooww...Timmy boy better be careful or he might get another arm broken....

I think your business ventures (i.e. inside info) are starting to skew your predictions!

No way. Sylvia by easy 1st round KO. And I cant stand Sylvia.
d_block07
5/10/07 1:48:37PM
Mir took a beating from Vera back in november. Sylvia should take this no sweat. round one KO
nubby
5/10/07 3:36:59PM

Posted by d_block07

Mir took a beating from Vera back in november. Sylvia should take this no sweat. round one KO

Sylvia is no Vera.
www-WeLoan-us
5/10/07 4:35:32PM
not the fight of the night...Actually a really stacked card..

randy vs gonzaga

Joe Stevenson vs Kurt pelligino

GSP vs TBD

Kos vs TBD

Tim Silva vs Mir
www-WeLoan-us
5/10/07 4:39:19PM
LOL ....Only time will tell , but I agree Tim is definitly the favorite coming in , but what I love about MMA ANYONE can win. ITs pretty funny when Frank was the champ everyone jumped on his bandwagon ,and couldnt stop talking about him. As soon as the accident and a couple losses from a comeback everyone wants to bash him. Its so funny no loyalty...
AchillesHeel
5/10/07 4:46:33PM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

ITs pretty funny when Frank was the champ everyone jumped on his bandwagon ,and couldnt stop talking about him. As soon as the accident and a couple losses from a comeback everyone wants to bash him. Its so funny no loyalty...

Are you saying you think Mir is the same fighter he was before the accident? That's ridiculous.
Lay_N_Pray
5/10/07 4:49:59PM
Its not a matter of no loyalty but the man had a horrendous accident, I dont think that is losing loyalty, that is just commom sense.

Sylvia has been a dominant fighter, and by the way I dislike him. Tim is going to be fired up...you can trust me on that one, no insider infortmation needed, and he will probably KO Mir in Round 1.

I liked Mir, but he just doesnt have it anymore and when the title isnt around Tims waist, he becomes a monster.
teamquestnorth
5/10/07 5:53:51PM
yeah I can see tim winning this one fairly easily I mean mir got brutally ground and pounded by pe da pano for god sakes!!
Mastodon2
5/10/07 6:35:55PM
Tim will probably win this one, simply because Mir has been nothing but a total bum who just doesnt appear to care anymore following his accident.

However, if Tim did lose, which I wouldnt call impossible, his career would really be taking a pounding!
www-WeLoan-us
5/10/07 6:54:27PM
where did I ever say he was a better fighter after the accident???
tepid55
5/10/07 7:25:33PM
Mir has the perfect style to beat Sylvia. He's a good striker, good wrestler, and has a wicked ground game.
ezkl2517
5/10/07 8:17:19PM
They should throw some ice cream or a buckett of chicken in the ring to make it more exciting, i think this fights gonna be boring and un-eventfull
cowcatcher
5/11/07 2:36:31PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by d_block07

Sylvia is no Vera.

right vera hasnt been champ or beaten a top fighter.....i dislike tim as much as anyone, and i was/am(fading) a big mir fan, but tim is walking all over mir in this. i havent seen mir do 1 thing of any subsance in any of his fights since the accident. he isnt the same mentally and physically and is a complete shell of himself as UFC champ. we-loan-us, your view on the fight is way off, this is either a snoozefest or a quick win for tim, mir has less chance to win than matt serra did, at least serra looked like a guy that wanted to be a fighter leading up to GSP, it seems that mir has lost his will, or somehow the talent came out of him with the accident.
Rush
5/11/07 4:26:11PM
I think Mir's success as a fighter (i.e. ability to be a champion) is over. I think th\e accident took its toll. I give him all the credit in the world in coming back after that.

I don't know who will win this fight. I expect both fighters have something to prove and it could be a quick finish either way.
p_unit23
5/11/07 4:50:01PM
i think sylvia might win...but i know everyone is gonna pick mir.
Damien6663
5/13/07 11:03:59AM
With his past 3 performances i see no way Frank can win, however im a huge Mir fan and will be rooting for him =)
gcraig22
5/13/07 3:33:40PM
I think Mir is still looking to find what he lost years ago. When he was champ, he was the quickest Heavyweight in the division. He looks to have lost his confidence in his BJJ. He fears going to the ground now. He needs to shoot for a single leg and lock Sylvia up.
MMA
5/13/07 4:13:03PM
I hope both the old Sylvia and the old Mir comes back for this fight. I remember how Mir was saying "we'll fight again next time" and Sylvia fires back with "no, we'll fight right now."
Pages: [1] 2