Confident Paul Daley ready to dethrone EliteXC champ Jake Shields

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Confident Paul Daley ready to dethrone EliteXC champ Jake Shields
MMAcca
9/18/08 1:50:28PM
In mixed martial arts' relatively short history, it has been a rare occasion in which a British fighter has been featured on a prominent card. At "EliteXC: Heat," Paul Daley (18-6-2) will follow in the recent steps of countryman James Thompson, as "Semtex" gets his opportunity in an Oct. 4 battle with Jake Shields (21-4) -- live on network television for the EliteXC welterweight crown.

Daley recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he is relishing the prospect of this massive fight -- and that he feels he is more than capable of ending Shields' 10-fight winning streak while taking his title in the process.

"This is a great fight for me," Daley said. "[Shields] has gotta do what his game is, I gotta do mine. So it should be an entertaining fight -- before I knock him out."

Reigning over the U.K.'s local circuit for several years, Daley made his explosive entry to the U.S. scene with a 2007 knockout of eight-year veteran Duane "Bang" Ludwig at "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Baroni." Currently riding a six-fight win streak -- all six by stoppages due to strikes -- confidence is at its peak for the 25-year-old.

LINK
xtra_chewy
9/18/08 2:31:07PM
I cant wait for this fight, 2 of the best non-UFC WW's in the world IMO.
MMAcca
9/18/08 2:46:16PM

Posted by xtra_chewy

I cant wait for this fight, 2 of the best non-UFC WW's in the world IMO.