Condition myself then enter training?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Condition myself then enter training?
Rudyperish
10/1/09 1:10:45AM
I have no expierience

I'm thinkin if I superb my condition educate myself on the condition science, I can enter a Muay Thai gym and increase my chances of competing faster and learning faster. This a good idea? Ive been trainin at home for a couple months now, agility, weight trainin, learnin . I just hope I can pick up the art faster and be on my way to mess stuff up. any thoughts
jocka
10/1/09 8:05:28AM

Posted by Rudyperish

I have no expierience

I'm thinkin if I superb my condition educate myself on the condition science, I can enter a Muay Thai gym and increase my chances of competing faster and learning faster. This a good idea? Ive been trainin at home for a couple months now, agility, weight trainin, learnin . I just hope I can pick up the art faster and be on my way to mess stuff up. any thoughts

First off let me ask you a question, why do you train at home when you know you don't have the sufficient knowledge? This is only going to teach you poor technique that could end up being hard to brake in the future.

Just join the gym and start learning proper techniques.
postman
10/1/09 8:25:51AM
Go to the gym now you will learn the conditioning and training all at ones
Rush
10/1/09 11:56:13AM
If it is a good MT place, you'll be whipped into shape pretty quick. Just go and start learning. If you put it off on the notion of getting into shape first, you may not start.
Rudyperish
10/3/09 6:03:36PM
I was in a Muay Thai gym, I was a body builder type go to the local gym guy. A box with no grease. I knew somethin wasent right I was sweatin all over his gym. I used to have a hunch back also. So yea I left. Now im more flexible, been doin med ball training here tryin to build myself up from floor up, Hate those olympic lifts, still tryin to work those out, but yea.Im going to enter again very soon and hopefully all goes well.

So Cal Anaheim
Jackelope
10/4/09 3:56:55PM
Cardio and condition will come naturally with the training. As you progress in the sport you'll find that it's not necessarily your cardio that is killing you, it's your technique (or lack thereof) You can't build technique by doing medicine ball workouts at home. If you're really serious and there is no actual physical hurdle you have to overcome besides being a little tired then just sign up.