Condit vs. Nick Diaz?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Condit vs. Nick Diaz?
kopower
8/7/07 12:07:43AM
I've watched a few of Condit's fights and he reminds me a lot of Nick Diaz. So I ask who wins between Diaz and Condit. I think this would be a great technical match with a lot of trash talking between the two.
richieb19
8/7/07 12:08:31AM
They aren't alike at all, they both have good guards and thats pretty much where the similarities end...
kopower
8/7/07 12:16:44AM
I disagree. Diaz has 5 sub. wins and 7 tko's. Condit has 11sub. wins and 9 tko's. They both can finish fights on the ground or standing up.
Pitbull09
8/7/07 12:19:27AM
wow, lots of good topics on here.

This would be a good fight just cause condit would be stepping up to the ufc to see if hes got the potential and Nick would be proving he should be higher on the card or even that he shouldnt be sent to WEC

In the end i say Diaz but Im always doubting condit. I dont know why.
peachfuzzz1305
8/7/07 12:22:34AM
I d take Diaz by Submission /

postman
8/7/07 10:02:01AM
Yeah Brock Larson is hardly Karo or Gomi. Diaz has steped in with some of the best and put on some of the best fights.
kopower
8/7/07 11:16:02AM
Yeah, I'd have to go with Diaz myself. I think he is better on the ground and standing.
pv3Hpv3p
8/7/07 11:18:35AM
Gotta go with Nick because of his experience with more top level fighters, but I think it'd be a tough fight for both... I'd actually really like to see this...

Anyone know when Diaz's suspension is up? And / or where he's fighting next?
xchickox
8/7/07 11:24:02AM
i think diaz by ko in the first round, he's got some impressive hands
hardhitta513
8/7/07 2:59:51PM
i like both fighters alot i think condit is impressive an so is nick i'd say it b pretty even it could go either way...great match up if it happens tho
the_Advocate
8/7/07 10:03:24PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Gotta go with Nick because of his experience with more top level fighters, but I think it'd be a tough fight for both... I'd actually really like to see this...

Anyone know when Diaz's suspension is up? And / or where he's fighting next?

think i heard he is fighting in NOV. likely for strikeforce...no firm opponent yet.....Nick is one of the more exciting fighters the sport has to offer...he's always looking to finish the fight and rarely are his fights boring.....no matter where he goes or who he fights...I'm interested!
ultimatefighter33
8/8/07 1:00:27AM
condit has beaten some very tough guys both have fought tough competition condit showed me something in beating larson so im gonna say condit by desicion
the-james
8/8/07 1:01:28PM
At this point you are correct that Nick Diaz would handle Condit at this point, probably because he has more incage/ring experience and has fought tougher competition and beaten competition, also a big part of Condits game is pullling off subs like in his fights with Trigg aswell as Larson and it would be extremely difficult to pull one off on NIck Diaz who is a BJJ black belt and has never been subed in his career. But Condit is a very underrated fighter well maybe not now after the fight on sunday but he is a very crafty fighter who throws very good knees and elbows, is great on the ground, and has decent power in his hands( not as much as Nick Diaz though).And hes only getting better as his career goes on and is getting better every fight, IMO he is already a top ten fighter in the welterweight division and is only going to improve. So with a bit more experience and some fights with better competition Condit will probably ampong the top welterweight so down the line he may beat NIck Diaz but not now. That being said Nick Diaz is still young too.
rcg916
8/8/07 2:16:02PM
Diaz easy...

Of course since there are few people who had seen other fights by either Brock Larson or Condit before that WEC show, I knew everyone would be on Condit's jock.

However, Larson wins that fight 9 out of 10 times. He got caught, but it wouldnt go down like that again...
richieb19
8/8/07 2:25:28PM

Posted by kopower

I disagree. Diaz has 5 sub. wins and 7 tko's. Condit has 11sub. wins and 9 tko's. They both can finish fights on the ground or standing up.

So because they have similar finish rates means they're stylistically alike?
the-james
8/8/07 4:00:53PM

Posted by rcg916

Diaz easy...

Of course since there are few people who had seen other fights by either Brock Larson or Condit before that WEC show, I knew everyone would be on Condit's jock.

However, Larson wins that fight 9 out of 10 times. He got caught, but it wouldnt go down like that again...

I disagree with you ive seen many of Carlos' Fight and a decent amout of Larsons and i feel Larson's style plays right into Condits and that if they were to fight again Condit would come out with his hand raised. I predicted Condit to win by sub and i would predict that again.

mobmike77
9/19/09 4:10:41PM
I think Diaz takes it easy on the feet. Condit might have more sub wins but I still thinks Diaz has a better ground game , even though I don't see either one of them subbing the other, but I think Diaz would take the win. Even though I really don't like the Diaz white trash attitude.
BustedKnuckle
9/20/09 8:05:01PM
If Nick can pass the piss test then he wins. His boxing wil decide this fight. They are about euqal everywhere else but boxing. Nick takes the UD due to that
shift
9/20/09 11:32:23PM
I don't think they are a like but I think I see where you are going with the similarity. Both lanky, both have good BJJ, both have decent strikes though I give the boxing to Nick hands down. I also think Nick has slightly better BJJ. This one is hard to call. I see it going to decision.