Condit's first ufc opponent

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Condit's first ufc opponent
nickcuc547
1/27/09 6:26:14PM
who should it be? the rumor is an april fight, i would love to see him take on davis or lytle but anybody would do in the deep welterweight division.
jiujitsufreak74
1/27/09 6:31:15PM
match him up with Kampmann, that fight would be a great test to see if Condit deserves his high regard in the division or if he is overrated.
higdon10
1/27/09 6:49:05PM
Marcus Davis. The winner or the fight is thrown into title contention.
imanidiot777
1/27/09 6:49:20PM
Give him Davis, Lytle, Kampmann, Kevin Burns maybe, Paul Kelly, or Chris Wilson.

CONDIT IS A BEAST!!!
Twenty20Dollars
1/27/09 7:05:10PM
I will be interested to see how condit does against top UFC guys, Idk if he will do that good yet.

I would really like ufc to bring in jake shields and have them rematch.

McCrory, idk who they are going to give him, a top guys because he's wec ww champ or someone easier.
tuvok500
1/27/09 7:10:28PM
Condit will lose to the majority of the UFC WW top 10, so a good fight would be Hazelett, i predict Condit to be submitted !!

Ordep
1/27/09 9:46:00PM
is Anthony Johnson currently scheduled?

I'd say Johnson as the 1st option before moving up to a Davis/Hazelette kind of level.
imanidiot777
1/27/09 10:06:06PM

Posted by tuvok500

Condit will lose to the majority of the UFC WW top 10, so a good fight would be Hazelett, i predict Condit to be submitted !!

You will be surprised.
Twenty20Dollars
1/27/09 10:54:50PM

Posted by Ordep

is Anthony Johnson currently scheduled?

I'd say Johnson as the 1st option before moving up to a Davis/Hazelette kind of level.

johnson is face to luigi F. at the next fight night.
Mayhem13
1/27/09 11:03:04PM
sounds like he is gonna fight Kampmann first, should be a good fight.

It hink Condit has an edge on the mat, and Kampmann on the feet.....I dont even know who I would root for, as I am a fan of both.

maybe Condit rnd 3 Sub....
Jackelope
1/27/09 11:05:34PM
Man, Kampmann vs. Condit has the makings for an all out war. Both have very similar styles, but I'd give the wrestling advantage to Kampmann since he's been at Xtreme Couture for a while now. Condit is only just now starting to really train his wrestling game. He needs a few more months to polish it IMO.

On the ground, even though Kampmann has been impressive, I doubt he'd last more than a minute or two against Condit. Standup might be pretty even, though.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
1/27/09 11:36:37PM
kampmann and condit will be foty
lohmann
1/27/09 11:43:30PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

kampmann and condit will be foty

Fight won't last long enough for that moniker. These guys are finishers. It'll be great to watch, but someone will get caught standing up or Condit will lock on a submission in the late first/early second.

Should be fun and hard to predict though.
gartface
1/27/09 11:57:28PM
Bring in Jake Shields and have Condit avenge his loss in convincing...scratch that, devastating fashion.
prozacnation1978
1/28/09 10:43:06AM
it is against kampmam and i really think martin will win
ToeZup
1/28/09 11:47:23AM
Kampmann is a great first opponent. I can't wait to see this fight.
gartface
1/28/09 12:16:25PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

it is against kampmam and i really think martin will win

Can I get a source? The only thing I can find on it is speculation.
MattHughesRules
1/28/09 1:33:29PM
From what I hear it's going to be Kampman. This is a stiff test for Condit. hard to say how he will do. He has never really been in against top notch opponents in the past. This will be a very interesting fight. Condit has never been shy about how he thinks he will do in the UFC. I think this is a real good starting fight to find out where he stands.
nickcuc547
1/28/09 2:17:32PM
they aren't taking it easy on him for his first fight, but this is a great matchup, awesome free tv main event, i still have to take condit, he's superior on the ground and he'll be able to hang on the feet, condits striking is very underrated.
Franklinfan47
1/28/09 2:53:25PM

Posted by nickcuc547

they aren't taking it easy on him for his first fight, but this is a great matchup, awesome free tv main event, i still have to take condit, he's superior on the ground and he'll be able to hang on the feet, condits striking is very underrated.

on all points. While this one is really hard to call, I gotta go with Condit, he's looked great standing and on the ground. Not to say Kampmann hasn't, but we'll just have to wait and see.
casey64
1/28/09 2:59:54PM
I would say Hitman.
RhythmAndStyle
1/28/09 3:09:31PM
they have it post on here that Condit is goin up against Kampmann..it's in the fantasy picks already..but man..I like both fighters..so I'm still on a draw on whoes gonna win this one...
jawbreaker517
1/28/09 3:13:27PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Condit fight Swick. That would go everywhere and make for an exciting fight.
bls1919
1/28/09 7:50:11PM
I see Condit vs Kampman being FOTN. With kampman edging out the UD. These guys have similar styles and are both game opponents. Will be a WAR!!