Concerning Couture refusing to fight Fedor in the UFC...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Concerning Couture refusing to fight Fedor in the UFC...
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/18/08 1:41:43PM
is this his ultimate demise if they fight?

The reason i ask is i was just talking to a friend at the bar the other night about how Couture's only shot against Fedor, IMO, is in a cage.

His dirty boxing, clinch-work, & experience in the cage could easily be a deciding factor in the result of this fight.

I know he has problems w/ UFC & their treatment of him, but what could it possibly hurt to fight Fedor in the UFC?

If he loses, he lost to the best. It shouldnt matter how he is handled by the UFC after the fight bc he is already getting out anyways.

If he wins, he has the upper hand in every contract negotiation for the rest of his life, whether it be w/ UFC or any other org.

I know $ & pride both play a big part in this & that's prolly why Couture refused the fight, but if its not in a cage i dont see how Randy wins.

xchickox
3/18/08 1:47:02PM
randy said he wanted it in the cage but not in the ufc
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/18/08 1:47:41PM
so if Mark Cuban signs the fight, will it be in a cage?
waylon_o
3/18/08 2:07:51PM
Randy wants a cage, Fedor will want a ring...flip a coin man, one of them is gonna have to bite the bullet. One of these 2 fighters will be at an extreme disadvantage if you ask me. They should fight once in both haha
Nightmare27
3/18/08 2:17:21PM
Randy definetly needs the cage. I only remember of him fighting in a ring once, and that was in his loss to Inoue. Just imagine if Lindland would have fought Fedor in a cage. Fedor wouldnt have been able to grab the ropes and would have been smashed into the fence by Matt and probably would have ended up on his back. It might not have changed the outcome of the fight but it would have changed it drastically.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
billycarnage
3/18/08 4:00:15PM
They could always build the first ever ring-cage...
I think Fedor has this regardless of where it is. Do it in the street for all I care.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/18/08 4:05:53PM

Posted by billycarnage

They could always build the first ever ring-cage...
I think Fedor has this regardless of where it is. Do it in the street for all I care.

think wwf did that first
NatedawgThaM
3/18/08 4:07:05PM
They should compromise. Fedor should agree to fight in a cage only if you can't use elbows because being cut is probably his biggest weakness, since it's the only weakness of his I can find. In a cage where you can elbow I think Randy would win by TKO(Doctor stoppage from a cut).

But in a ring or cage without elbows, Fedor would destroy him just because he's good in every single area. He can kickbox with the best kickboxers, out grappler or GNP the best grapplers.

But thinking of this issue makes me realize, this fight will never happen.
billycarnage
3/18/08 5:09:40PM
Yeah... you're probably right.