can anyone help me with my computer problem?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » can anyone help me with my computer problem?
mrsmiley
3/26/08 6:25:37PM
When I try to open my nero express dvd/cd burner,this message pops up

"this action cannot be completed because the other program is busy"

It then tells me to click on the "busy" program,which i'm not sure how to find.

Can anyone help me?

Props to who's got some info on this.
wolfman
3/26/08 6:27:29PM
I'm not the best with computers, but have you tried opening your task manager? Hit ctrl + alt + del to have it pop up and try and find that program that is busy or not responding and click end process. Hope this helps.
mrsmiley
3/26/08 6:29:33PM
Nothings running.When I close out of this the message still comes up.

I don't know what it could be.
Rush
3/26/08 6:38:04PM
I have Nero, but don't get this message. However, here are a few things you can look into.

Try this

Or this

As a helpful hint, some times you can get an answer just by googling the error text. You'll be surprised that 99% of the time you are not the only one suffering.
wolfman
3/26/08 6:39:15PM
Huh, have you tried to look for the file extension of nero in the processes and close the one that appears to be busy/not working? Sorry, I don't know what else to tell ya. Hopefully, someone else who is more computer savy can help you.
wolfman
3/26/08 6:41:50PM

Posted by Rush

I have Nero, but don't get this message. However, here are a few things you can look into.

Try this

Or this

As a helpful hint, some times you can get an answer just by googling the error text. You'll be surprised that 99% of the time you are not the only one suffering.

Good suggestions, duh! Why didn't I think of that, as that's usually what I also do when I have a certain problem with my pc, I google it first. lol
mrsmiley
3/26/08 6:43:20PM
thanks for all the help guys.

Rush i tried to give you props but I gotta spread the love more first!

i will try to fix the problem.
wolfman
3/26/08 6:44:35PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Good luck man.
mrsmiley
3/26/08 7:00:05PM
Well i fixed 2 registry problems on my computer and restarted it and it is working again,so hopefully I won't ever encounter that again!
Rush
3/26/08 7:34:06PM

Posted by mrsmiley

No problem. Your prop is showing up in my list so it worked regardless.
TNunley
3/27/08 2:26:16PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Well i fixed 2 registry problems on my computer and restarted it and it is working again,so hopefully I won't ever encounter that again!

Not 100% certain if this goes against the rules, but I don't work for the company that makes the product nor do I have anything to gain by suggesting it.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you have frequent registry problems or not, but there is a program called "CCleaner" (it is made by a company called Piriform) that you can use to clean up your registry as well as all the temporary crap that builds up in your computer. It's a free program, and I've been using it for a while.

Anyway, the only issue is you need to double check what you're doing because you could end up cleaning out things you might need. Anyway, I use it quite a bit to keep all the temporary crap off of my hard drive. It will delete cookies, web address history and all that jazz so I don't know if that is a problem for you or not.
Rush
3/27/08 2:57:24PM

Posted by TNunley

Not 100% certain if this goes against the rules, but I don't work for the company that makes the product nor do I have anything to gain by suggesting it.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you have frequent registry problems or not, but there is a program called "CCleaner" (it is made by a company called Piriform) that you can use to clean up your registry as well as all the temporary crap that builds up in your computer. It's a free program, and I've been using it for a while.

Anyway, the only issue is you need to double check what you're doing because you could end up cleaning out things you might need. Anyway, I use it quite a bit to keep all the temporary crap off of my hard drive. It will delete cookies, web address history and all that jazz so I don't know if that is a problem for you or not.

Just to add to this. Reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling windows (and other programs is a good way to clean up your computer and keep it running well. Once every two or so years is sufficient and it only takes a day or so. Most people end up throwing out their computer because they think it is outdated, when really all they need to do is format and reinstall.
emfleek
3/27/08 10:47:14PM
A good chunk of computer problems can be resolved with a simple restart. Just an FYI.