Completely Unnecessary Rematch Alert: 3/20 Adrenaline MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Completely Unnecessary Rematch Alert: 3/20 Adrenaline MMA
DCRage
2/2/10 1:33:41PM
Yep, it's a real exciting one: The rematch between Wes Sims & TIMMAY!!

According to Wes Sims's manager Ken Pavia, the A-Hole Show will try to follow up his paycheck-collection at Strikeforce: Miami by taking on Tim Sylvia at an Adrenaline MMA event in Youngstown, Ohio, on March 20th. The bout will be held under special rules, in which spectators will be allowed to throw peanuts at the fighters during the match. Just kidding, but with both men drifting near the low points of their careers, it's hard to look at this meeting as anything but a freak show — even if it'll surely be sold as a grudge match between two extremely dangerous (strike that) tall UFC vets.

Sylvia and Sims fought once before in Superbrawl, following Sims's 0-3 stretch in the UFC and Sylvia's loss via broken arm to Frank Mir. It was an easy mauling for the Maine-iac, who won by TKO in a minute and a half. In his last appearance, Sylvia rebounded from a humiliating knockout loss against Ray Mercer (and snapped a three-fight losing streak) by scoring a first-round TKO over Jason Riley at Adrenaline 4 in September. Sims most recently put on a ton of weight and lost to Bobby Lashley, following an exhibition loss to Justin Wren on The Ultimate Fighter 10 last year. Is it even worth asking who ya got?

If I had to pick...TIMMAY!!
Khaos
2/2/10 4:38:02PM
I'm taking Wes Sims FTW
jae_1833
2/3/10 1:10:01AM
Wow....that is the most accurate headline I've read this week.....
mmapunch
2/16/10 6:17:04PM
+1 for the title! Man how fast and how hard Tim has fallen is wild!
Mayhem13
2/17/10 12:56:06AM
Ohio athletic commision turned the fight down...

wonder who they will get to face Timmay now? My guess...Jason Guida.