Which Competitor Would Win In A Street Fight?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Which Competitor Would Win In A Street Fight?
zephead
9/27/07 2:26:50PM
A boxer can't beat a UFC fighter in a real fight. It's as simple as that. A guy from the UFC like Sean "The Muscle Shark" Sherk - the best lightweight they have - would topple Floyd Mayweather with relative ease.

LINK
charpy06
9/27/07 3:04:19PM
This is crazy, Mayweather has absolutely no take down defense. How can anyone argue that he can stop a take down then? If he was able to stop sherks shot he would have a good chance of winning. Not many people can stop sherks shot and to say that Mayweather would be able to keep his distance the enitre fight is insane.
silverbullet
9/27/07 3:36:18PM
"Street fight"? What the hell is a "street fight"? In a padded cage by MMA rules, Sherk would dominate any professional boxer with no MMA training. In a boxing match, Mayweather would knock Sherk out cold in a minute. If they had a "street fight", the winner would be the guy who pulled the gun first.

In general, comparing boxing and MMA is like saying that the Philadelphia Eagles could beat the hell out of the Australian national Rugby team if they got together and played some football. Well guess what, Rugby and Football are two different sports, and so is MMA and Boxing.

Anybody who starts a discussion on who would win in a "street fight" is either a complete moron, or has never been in a street fight, or both of the above.
loonytnt
9/27/07 3:43:19PM
mma vs street fight mma would win
Sam_Rothstein
9/27/07 4:35:00PM

Posted by silverbullet

"Street fight"? What the hell is a "street fight"? In a padded cage by MMA rules, Sherk would dominate any professional boxer with no MMA training. In a boxing match, Mayweather would knock Sherk out cold in a minute. If they had a "street fight", the winner would be the guy who pulled the gun first.

In general, comparing boxing and MMA is like saying that the Philadelphia Eagles could beat the hell out of the Australian national Rugby team if they got together and played some football. Well guess what, Rugby and Football are two different sports, and so is MMA and Boxing.

Anybody who starts a discussion on who would win in a "street fight" is either a complete moron, or has never been in a street fight, or both of the above.

EXACTLY!!

in america in this present day, there arent too many street fights where its only striking that takes place

i could see sean sherk taking floyd mayweather down, but then whats to stop one of the 100 people in floyds entourage from jumping in and completely stomping the shit out of sherk

or lets say sherk doesnt want to go for a take down, maybe he just got a new gun from a minneapolis pawn shop and he wants to try that out instead

if we are talking about a street fight, there are about 1,000,000 others with a ton more experience on what to do in a street fight and fighting fair probably ranks last for about every one of em
grappler0000
9/27/07 4:45:24PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by silverbullet

EXACTLY!!

in america in this present day, there arent too many street fights where its only striking that takes place

i could see sean sherk taking floyd mayweather down, but then whats to stop one of the 100 people in floyds entourage from jumping in and completely stomping the shit out of sherk

or lets say sherk doesnt want to go for a take down, maybe he just got a new gun from a minneapolis pawn shop and he wants to try that out instead

if we are talking about a street fight, there are about 1,000,000 others with a ton more experience on what to do in a street fight and fighting fair probably ranks last for about every one of em

Wow! You guys are really stretching this scenario to the outer limits. When someone says streetfight in this context, they are merely talking about a NHB fight...one without the limitations of current MMA rules. It's a hypothetical situation...and why can't one ponder without being a moron?
GrandMaster313
9/27/07 5:49:36PM

Posted by silverbullet

Perfectly said ! props given
Sam_Rothstein
9/27/07 8:03:03PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by silverbullet

EXACTLY!!

Wow! You guys are really stretching this scenario to the outer limits. When someone says streetfight in this context, they are merely talking about a NHB fight...one without the limitations of current MMA rules. It's a hypothetical situation...and why can't one ponder without being a moron?

how many one on one, no weapons, street fights do you see in america?

they should change the words from street fight to suburb fight and maybe that would make more sense

now if you were talking about a cage fight with anything goes, then blanca from street fighter 2 would beat both of their asses
cannon_slice
9/28/07 12:22:16AM

Yeah man for sure... Watch the Jorge Masvidal fight agains the " Kimbo Protege" Ray. Jorge owns him twice. Some kid at school tried to tell me that UFC fighters don't do well outside of the ring. I almost ******* punched him out.
Sam_Rothstein
9/28/07 1:33:59AM

Posted by cannon_slice

Yeah man for sure... Watch the Jorge Masvidal fight agains the " Kimbo Protege" Ray. Jorge owns him twice. Some kid at school tried to tell me that UFC fighters don't do well outside of the ring. I almost ******* punched him out.

yeah that is what turned me into a jorge masvidal fan, they actually recently had a rematch

in fact im about to upload it right now
GTS
9/28/07 1:53:28AM
KIMBO SLICE!
Natedogg42
9/28/07 6:16:44PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by silverbullet

EXACTLY!!

What if someone pulls a gun? What if someone's boys jump in? What's truly moronic is asking these questions because I think we all have a pretty good idea how these scenarios would turn out.
HulkRage
9/28/07 7:57:24PM
I think Mayweather would have a good chance of fending off Sherks take downs, Has anyone seen Dancing with the Stars, he has moves.
Sam_Rothstein
9/28/07 11:35:22PM

Posted by Natedogg42

What if someone pulls a gun? What if someone's boys jump in? What's truly moronic is asking these questions because I think we all have a pretty good idea how these scenarios would turn out.

oh awesome i always wanted to know how these scenarios turned out but you already know so i could just ask you!!!!

okay sean sherk and 3 people he trains with at his camp in minnesota bump into floyd mayweather and 5 of his body gaurds and some people from his entourage

sean sherk has a samurai sword and a 38 odd special and the two fighters he trains with have throwing stars and hand grenades

floyd mayweather has brass knuckles and a shot gun he just bought at a pawn shop, his security gaurds have ak 47's and his entourage are all equipped with toy bats they give to kids at baseball games

WHO WINS NATEDOGG42??
grappler0000
9/29/07 12:20:31AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

oh awesome i always wanted to know how these scenarios turned out but you already know so i could just ask you!!!!

okay sean sherk and 3 people he trains with at his camp in minnesota bump into floyd mayweather and 5 of his body gaurds and some people from his entourage

sean sherk has a samurai sword and a 38 odd special and the two fighters he trains with have throwing stars and hand grenades

floyd mayweather has brass knuckles and a shot gun he just bought at a pawn shop, his security gaurds have ak 47's and his entourage are all equipped with toy bats they give to kids at baseball games

WHO WINS NATEDOGG42??

Natedogg42
9/29/07 10:49:02PM
You are completely missing the point. You are committing the slippery slope fallacy by asking all these "what if" questions. The question isn't whose entourage would win in a gun/knife fight. As Grappler0000 tried to explain we are simply talking about a one on one, no weapons, no holds barred type fight.

You argued (awkwardly): "in america in this present day, there arent too many street fights where its only striking that takes place." Well how often do you think the type of fight you describe happens outside of movies or your warped imagination? LUDICROUS!!

Every "street fight" I've ever seen hasn't involved weapons and when someone jumped in, it was to break it up. I do live in the suburbs though so maybe you have a point there…
Sam_Rothstein
10/2/07 1:58:59AM

Posted by Natedogg42

You are completely missing the point. You are committing the slippery slope fallacy by asking all these "what if" questions. The question isn't whose entourage would win in a gun/knife fight. As Grappler0000 tried to explain we are simply talking about a one on one, no weapons, no holds barred type fight.

You argued (awkwardly): "in america in this present day, there arent too many street fights where its only striking that takes place." Well how often do you think the type of fight you describe happens outside of movies or your warped imagination? LUDICROUS!!

Every "street fight" I've ever seen hasn't involved weapons and when someone jumped in, it was to break it up. I do live in the suburbs though so maybe you have a point there…

ive never seen a fight with throwing hands and star grenades. just so you do not think that happens in my neck of the woods.

I don't live in the suburbs but i wouldnt say the ghetto either. Ive seen many fights where people have been beat with bats, brass knuckles, lamps, hammers whatever they can find.

I have seen a few one on one fights though, usually in a club which is broke up by security, but more often it is just one guy getting jumped

I have seen people who fights where noone intended on using fists or elbows and especially not a ground and pound tactic

I have seen people with guns pulled to their head. At my middle school there was a full scale riot where half the people fighting at the school werent even attending it. Close friends of mine were put into juvenile prison for beating people with bats, stabbing people whatever they could find to **** someone up

So if you think the idea of me throwing out thoughts about people jumping in or weapons being used in fights is LUDICROUS!! then thats your own opinion

Then again you live in the suburbs...., sorry not everyone can
x_soa_x
10/2/07 12:07:11PM
Many of you are arguing that the first guy who pulls a gun wins--I disagree.

In fact, I seem to remember a few instances where a mixed-martial-artist beat the shit out of an armed aggressor.

Also, no, most street fights are two or more people beating the shit out of each other.

And finally, if Floyd Mayweather's guys started stomping the shit out of Sherk, what do you think would happen? He would pound Mayweather out and then stand up. That would take maybe three seconds at most, and Mayweather's guy couldn't hurt Sherk enough in that time period to make him stop. Hell, he probably wouldn't even need to pound Mayweather out. Just slam him on the ground and that'd be enough to give him a concussion. Bam, Mayweather's entourage is taking him to the hospital.
Natedogg42
10/4/07 3:55:57PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by Natedogg42

ive never seen a fight with throwing hands and star grenades. just so you do not think that happens in my neck of the woods.

I don't live in the suburbs but i wouldnt say the ghetto either. Ive seen many fights where people have been beat with bats, brass knuckles, lamps, hammers whatever they can find.

I have seen a few one on one fights though, usually in a club which is broke up by security, but more often it is just one guy getting jumped

I have seen people who fights where noone intended on using fists or elbows and especially not a ground and pound tactic

I have seen people with guns pulled to their head. At my middle school there was a full scale riot where half the people fighting at the school werent even attending it. Close friends of mine were put into juvenile prison for beating people with bats, stabbing people whatever they could find to **** someone up

So if you think the idea of me throwing out thoughts about people jumping in or weapons being used in fights is LUDICROUS!! then thats your own opinion

Then again you live in the suburbs...., sorry not everyone can

You're still missing the point. I didn't mean to say fights with weapons and many combatants are out of the realm of possibility (What was ludicrous was your selection of weapons.) All I'm trying to say is that has nothing to do with the question.

I wasn't trying to brag about living in the suburbs, I was making a joke. I have seen brawls with weapons before, but I would hardly call them fights, more like beat downs. I don't mean to say a weapon assures you of a win, x_soa_x, but it sure helps.

What we should be talking about is how Sherk would whoop Mayweather in a fair fight.
Natedogg42
10/4/07 4:07:09PM
But hey, write about whatever you want. I just took offence at being called a moron for considering weather Mayweather actually stands a chance in a fight with Sherk.

Come to think of it, maybe that’s just as bad as considering who would win in a 1-on-10 fight or an AK-47 vs. unarmed fight. I give Mayweather about the same chance as the unarmed guy or the guy facing 10 opponents in a fair fight against Sherk.
Sam_Rothstein
10/19/07 12:59:36AM
http://www.comegetyousome.com/viewvid.php?id=3106

okay theres a big difference between street fighting and no holds barred

i say the guy in the peyton manning jersey owns sean sherk and floyd mayweather 10/10 times
Sam_Rothstein
10/19/07 1:02:58AM
http://www.comegetyousome.com/viewvid.php?id=1374

or heres another one, its a 1 on 1 fight untill the other everyone just decides to jump in and beat the other guy till he was almost dead
TNunley
10/19/07 1:26:17PM
Ok before this became childish and rediculous talking about "posse" jumping in, and pulling guns....

Back to the original meaning of the thread. Sherk wins hands down... not just because I am an MMA fan, and dislike boxing. This is just plain and simple logic.

Sherk trains for all aspects of a fight; standing, ground, clinch, etc. Mayweather trains for standing, and possibly clinching. There is no way mayweather could avoid the takedowns by Sherk. He never trains for worrying about being taken down. Even if he stopped a few attempts, he would eventually (and quickly) end up on his ass. Second, and most importantly, Mayweather fights with what? 14 ounce gloves? Sherk fights with 4 ounce gloves. Mayweather is used to being hit with shots that cause far less damage than a fist. Unless Mayweather is out in streetfights all the time, I seriously doubt he could take too many of those shots.

Fact of the matter is, Mayweather possibly could have an advantage standing... but I think that no one is considering the glove factor. Sherk can take those kinds of punches.. I know because I've seen it. I don't know that Mayweather could. Either way it ends up on the ground just like 99% of all streetfights, and Sherk destroys him.