WHEN IS UFC COMING TO CANADA?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » WHEN IS UFC COMING TO CANADA?
ufc88
11/13/07 4:00:52PM
they were supposed to come to the bell centre in montreal in january and they cancelled that i havent been to an mma event and im a die hard fan and i just cannot wait anymore
does anyone have any news on when theyll be in canada
tuvok500
11/13/07 4:34:07PM
March 29 GSP against Hughes 3 !!

i heard that but it is not sure yet !!

go GSP !!

gspgnp
11/13/07 7:39:09PM
Although I think Hughes will win, I thing you might be a little to quick to count out Serra.
tuvok500
11/13/07 8:06:26PM

Posted by gspgnp

Although I think Hughes will win, I thing you might be a little to quick to count out Serra.

this was not an error man !!!

Hughes will destroy Serra !!! We just don't know the exact time ending and detail yet !!!

Basshandsome
11/13/07 8:21:54PM
I think that it has been way to long for UFC to have not come to Canada. There is a HUGE fanbase here who would pack any venue UFC put on here. I hope they come to Canada soon because I will be there!
MMAFightClothes
11/13/07 8:56:52PM
I heard the reason they haven't been to Canada yet is because the Canadian Government requires there to be an amateur organization first. I don't even know if that makes any sense, but it's what I heard.

Kevin
MMA Fight Clothes
tuvok500
11/13/07 9:17:22PM

Posted by MMAFightClothes

I heard the reason they haven't been to Canada yet is because the Canadian Government requires there to be an amateur organization first. I don't even know if that makes any sense, but it's what I heard.

Kevin
MMA Fight Clothes

Not in Quebec for sure !!

it is more in ontario that they are making obstruction to any mma organization !!

i don't think that the canadian gouvernement have anything to do with this, it is a matter of provincial legislation only i think !!

gspgnp
11/13/07 10:53:47PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by gspgnp

this was not an error man !!!

Hughes will destroy Serra !!! We just don't know the exact time ending and detail yet !!!

I'll give you that one!

Your right, sport commissions do fall under provincial jurisdiction. They want to go to Toronto for the media exposure because the average American,(and people from Toronto) think Toronto is the center of the Canadian universe whether it is true or not. However the Ontario sports commission is stuck back in the stone age and they are still only in the early stages of legalizing MMA in the province. Québec has no problem with MMA and the UFC event will probably end up in good ole Montréal as a result of this. Besides, most of the Canadian MMA fighters are based out of Québec anyways.

Had to add, congrats on post #666
Franklinfan47
11/14/07 12:00:03AM
Its BS!

Dana, stop ******* around with us, come to Canada!
Bemin
11/14/07 12:28:47AM
Ya the UFC definatly wants to come to Canada, I think they are waiting for the GSP title fight between the winner of Hughes/Serra. This fight would be huge in Canada, and if it takes place in Montreal (and it will, its the only logical place for a GSP headline) it will probably have more hype in the city than any UFC event in any city it has ever taken place in.

GSP is huge in Quebec and this event would would do wonders to build the UFC brand in Canada (And trust me MMA is probably followed more per capita in this country than any other, I have The FIght Network, The Score, HDNet, Sportsnet and other channels airing MMA events constantly and am in heaven!)

Will the GSP title fight happen in Montreal? I'd put my bankroll on it, Dana may have a potty mouth but he ain't stupid.
DCRage
11/14/07 8:22:34AM
It's probably going to be after hockey season. Dana's been trying to get a Montreal date for early '08 but Bell Centre's said to be totally booked through the end of the NHL season. I keep hearing sometime between April & June is most likely.
Boo_Radley21
11/14/07 9:01:00AM
I live in Ontario but if it does come to Montreal me and a couple friends are taking the train out to see the event. It's gonna be intense.
DCRage
11/14/07 10:05:02AM

Posted by Bemin

Ya the UFC definatly wants to come to Canada, I think they are waiting for the GSP title fight between the winner of Hughes/Serra. This fight would be huge in Canada, and if it takes place in Montreal (and it will, its the only logical place for a GSP headline) it will probably have more hype in the city than any UFC event in any city it has ever taken place in.

GSP is huge in Quebec and this event would would do wonders to build the UFC brand in Canada (And trust me MMA is probably followed more per capita in this country than any other, I have The FIght Network, The Score, HDNet, Sportsnet and other channels airing MMA events constantly and am in heaven!)

Will the GSP title fight happen in Montreal? I'd put my bankroll on it, Dana may have a potty mouth but he ain't stupid.

I think whether or not the GSP fight happens there depends on when the card is. If the original date of January came through, it definitely would not have happened. But if it's closer to the summer it probably is more likely seeing how Dana likes to put 4-6 months between title defenses. It almost has to for it to be any sort of big draw, after all GSP's the whole reason they've been trying to do it in Montreal since he's the hometown favorite there.
thepunisher
11/14/07 3:53:47PM
I live in Nova Scotia and I will drive to Montreal to see GSP Vs Serra 2. Yeah i said it Serra will beat Hughes

Just kidding Hughes is going to kill serra
ufcboss
11/15/07 5:48:15AM
People still haven't learnt not to count someone out.
Remember when it was GSP V Serra, Georges was gonna smash him, What happened, He got KTFO.

I think if I was Serra I would come out swinging like Austin power's and hope to get my 2nd KO. If he let's Hughes throw him around he could lose.
tuvok500
11/15/07 3:44:49PM

Posted by ufcboss

People still haven't learnt not to count someone out.
Remember when it was GSP V Serra, Georges was gonna smash him, What happened, He got KTFO.

I think if I was Serra I would come out swinging like Austin power's and hope to get my 2nd KO. If he let's Hughes throw him around he could lose.

The difference here is that it will be the 2th fight against Serra or the 3th against Hughes, so GSP will not be surprise by any of those fighters for sure !!

jocka
11/15/07 3:59:58PM
Man i can wait till they host a UFC Event in montreal that is gonna be sweet for sure i am going. The last TKO event that took place in the BELL centre had at least 8000 so they would sell out that place easy with a UFC event (It can seat about 21500) Cant wait till it happends
Kastro
11/15/07 7:28:03PM
Hopefully soon.. I am getting anxious!!! And they better have GSP on the card, it will probably be one of the most crowd-pumped UFC in history.