Up coming UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Up coming UFC
loonytnt
11/11/07 11:45:31PM
i was talking to a friend and he told me the UFC is on next weekend and i was like oh man it is.

but i dont really wanna pay for this one, if one of my friends is not going to get it i wont be to sad if i miss it

what do you all think about this PPV worth the money?
ohiostate1016
11/11/07 11:58:23PM
I usually don't pay for the PPVs. I either go to a friends' house or watch it at Buffalo Wild Wings. The last PPV that I paid for was UFC 73.
Bemin
11/12/07 12:01:57AM
I know I have felt this way in the past, not ordered an event and then found to my dismay that even though the card looked lackluster, some of the fights were amazing... and I missed them. Now I make sure I never miss them, if I don;t wanna order from home, I wrestle up a friend or two and head to the nearest bar showing the event. Nothing worse than thinking an event will suck only to learn that it had some epic fights and you were at home watching re-runs of CSI.
Darnok
11/12/07 4:55:20PM
If I can watch them I order every one. But this weekend I will be watching a Football Game. Go Lions
pv3Hpv3p
11/12/07 5:52:36PM
I think people would be calling it the PPV of the year if it had a better main event, but it doesn't...

Althoug, I'm not a guy for bells and whistles... I don't need to see a title fight... I just want to see a good fight... And IMHO this card will be full of really really good fights...
Mayhem13
11/12/07 6:02:17PM
its missing that "big draw" name, but as far as match-ups go..this has some stellar potential

Alexander vs Thiago
Karo vs Chonan
Bisping vs Evans
Herman vs Doerkson II
Lytle vs Alves
J-lo vs Rinehart (18-0 as a pro)
Gono vs Barncat
Maximus vs Lil Hulk

I honestly think every single one of those fights could go either way without being considered an "upset" .... very good match making for this event ...its just missing that big name to draw in the "casual" mma fans
Kainlock
11/13/07 4:25:24PM
I do what I used to do for wrestling PPV get like 4 or 5 friends chip in ten bucks each and have a party.
BigEvil
11/13/07 5:01:46PM
Girl friends birthday on same day as UFC = Not watching UFC

Showing her she's more important than the UFC =

I'm glad this is the ppv I gotta miss. I hate ppv without a title match, I'd watch it if I could though
cowcatcher
11/13/07 5:12:50PM
granted theres no title fight, but no 5 round fight means a better chance at seeing more dark matches. not to mention up and down the card there are great matchups, every one with at least one "big" name fighter to mma fans. would it really be better to see anderson silva beat up someone when you are 99.9% sure he'll win than seeing close, tough to predict matches? i like watching anderson fight as much as the next guy but id pay a lot more to see fisher/edgar where i have no idea who will win but know it will be a helluva fight.
BigEvil
11/13/07 6:00:54PM

Posted by cowcatcher

granted theres no title fight, but no 5 round fight means a better chance at seeing more dark matches. not to mention up and down the card there are great matchups, every one with at least one "big" name fighter to mma fans. would it really be better to see anderson silva beat up someone when you are 99.9% sure he'll win than seeing close, tough to predict matches? i like watching anderson fight as much as the next guy but id pay a lot more to see fisher/edgar where i have no idea who will win but know it will be a helluva fight.

I agree, but I still don't think you can have a main event without having it be for a title. With a few rare exceptions.