Comic Book/Video Game Nerds - DC Universe Online is now free

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Comic Book/Video Game Nerds - DC Universe Online is now free
FastKnockout
11/2/11 2:07:31AM
Just wanted to let my fellow Comic Book/Video games nerds know that DC Universe Online is now Free-to-Play starting today. They will only charge for the DLC if you decide you want it. If you want to play, just download from Playstation Store or Xbox.

cowcatcher
11/2/11 10:48:21AM
I'm pretty sure it's only on PS3 and PC.
warglory
11/2/11 11:10:54AM
DLC?
emfleek
11/2/11 11:15:09AM

Posted by warglory

DLC?

I'm assuming he means downloadable character?

Then again, I'm clueless about whatever it is you guys are talking about.

cowcatcher
11/2/11 11:31:23AM
downloadable content...extra shit.
FastKnockout
11/2/11 12:04:58PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I'm pretty sure it's only on PS3 and PC.

You're right. My bad.
FastKnockout
11/2/11 12:07:19PM

Posted by warglory

DLC?

Downloadable Content. Just extra's you can buy. Characters, levels, weapons, etc.
ChrisSabal
11/2/11 12:45:14PM
I've been downloading it on the PS3 for about 9 hours. 27% down!
FastKnockout
11/2/11 2:10:50PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Same here, buddy. I've been at it for almost two hours now.
ChrisSabal
11/2/11 3:02:40PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by ChrisSabal

yeah 11 hours later and I'm at a whopping 37%. This is taking forever. It better be a fun game or I'm gonna be pissed.
FastKnockout
11/2/11 4:39:12PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by ChrisSabal

yeah 11 hours later and I'm at a whopping 37%. This is taking forever. It better be a fun game or I'm gonna be pissed.

I was lucky enough to be chosen for the closed BETA before the release to the public, and I was pretty impressed with the game. I'm excited to see how many new players will be active now it's free to play.
ChrisSabal
11/2/11 6:50:40PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by ChrisSabal

I was lucky enough to be chosen for the closed BETA before the release to the public, and I was pretty impressed with the game. I'm excited to see how many new players will be active now it's free to play.

It got decent reviews. I'd be satisfied though if it was just a fun rainy day type game. I'm not expecting a free game to be very mind blowing.
FastKnockout
11/2/11 6:57:46PM
It's fun in my opinion, just not fun enough for $15 a month, which is why it lost a lot of players early on.
warglory
11/2/11 9:43:20PM
Cool, I'll try it out. Can you form the equivalent of a guild in this game? We should all form one if that's the case since it sounds like everyone is fairly new.
warglory
11/2/11 9:44:25PM
I just hope itt's not as addicting as EVE Online. That is, by far, the best mmorpg online. It's friggin' epic.
FastKnockout
11/2/11 10:26:02PM

Posted by warglory

Cool, I'll try it out. Can you form the equivalent of a guild in this game? We should all form one if that's the case since it sounds like everyone is fairly new.

Be warned, depending on your internet speed, the download can take a while.

As far as the guilds go, I know there are "leagues" but I think only Legendary status members can create them and free to play members can only join.

Here's all the details for the three different access types.

LINK