College wrestling championships on ESPN

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » College wrestling championships on ESPN
AchillesHeel
3/22/08 8:18:38PM
It's kind of late, but I just noticed that the NCAA Division 1 wrestling finals are on ESPN tonight, in about 15 minutes (8:30pm ET).

ESPN: Hawkeyes enter as favorites; Minnesota looks to defend wrestling title

ESPN: Iowa wrestlers complete long journey to the top
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/22/08 9:37:05PM
im a little high but i believe i just watched the 1 division & 141 division. all i know is the 1st fight i saw ended w/ a pin & the 2nd ended w/ a guy on a jacked up ankle. didnt watch the rest but those 2 matches were fantastic
wolfman
3/22/08 9:45:32PM
Wow, Poeta was just upset!
hotrodttt
3/22/08 10:19:43PM

Posted by wolfman

Wow, Poeta was just upset!

Poeta Lost, he is definatly my Favorite Wrestler from Illinois
grappler0000
3/22/08 10:44:56PM
Wow...the Varner/Pucillo match was pretty badass!
AchillesHeel
3/23/08 10:04:45AM

Posted by grappler0000

Wow...the Varner/Pucillo match was pretty badass!

Yeah, that was a good one. After double-extra time, Pucillo won it on 6 seconds of Riding Time.

(In MMA terms, Riding Time is having top position. So over the length of the 11-minute match, Pucillo had position for 6 seconds longer than Varner did, and that turned out to be the margin of victory.)

Brent Metcalf's comeback against Bubba Jenkins was impressive. After getting taken down twice in the first period, losing 4-2, he ended up winning 14-8.
Rush
3/23/08 5:54:09PM
Man, I wish they televised stuff like this in Canada. I mean, I love hockey, but I don't really care about the AHL and OHL.
ncordless
3/23/08 10:19:13PM
Great matches. Did anyone else think that both wrestlers with leg injuries were injured by their opponent on purpose. I couldn't believe Perry held on for the win after that kneebar.
AchillesHeel
3/24/08 12:30:52PM

Posted by ncordless

Great matches. Did anyone else think that both wrestlers with leg injuries were injured by their opponent on purpose. I couldn't believe Perry held on for the win after that kneebar.

At least one of them looked like a sambo match for a moment there, with both wrestlers trying for an ankle lock simultaneously...