College Football "Midway" Point

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » College Football "Midway" Point
BlueSkiesBurn
10/9/11 4:00:42AM
We're at the midway point in the college football season. I thought it would be fun to hit up the following questions for some debate. All of these questions are your opinion. Let's try to be honest and not display some blatant homerism.

1. Best Team In The Nation?

2. Biggest Disappointment (Team)?

3. Heisman Frontrunner?

4. Best QB?

5. Best RB?

6. Best WR?

BlueSkiesBurn
10/9/11 4:17:38AM
I'll kick it off

1. Best Team In The Nation? Right now I'd have to go with Alabama. They have an absolutely brutal defense and and offense that can score enough to force you into their style of ball.

2. Biggest Disappointment (Team)? This one is easy; Florida State. They started out the season ranked #5 in the nation and have been beaten by anyone with a pulse at the FBS level. Clearly FSU wasn't deserving of their ranking.

3. Heisman Frontrunner? Russell Wilson from Wisconsin. The dude has taken that team from great to amazing. Bucky looks unstoppable int the B1G

4. Best QB? Tough one. Right now I'd have to go with Brandon Weeden from Oklahoma State. The dude just gets his.

Landry Jones of Oklahoma is a close second, but I think Weeden has been tested far more and proven that he will just get it done.

5. Best RB? LaMichael James from Oregon. Some people might go with Monte Ball right here, but James does it all. Dude crushes spirits of teams.

6. Best WR? Robert Woods out of USC. This is hands down the only choice. Woods is just a juggernaut and unstoppable. Broyles & Blackmon aren't even in his league right now.
hashyandy4
10/9/11 8:30:03PM
1. Alabama
2. FSU
3. Andrew Luck
4. Andrew Luck
5. Trent Richardson
6. Justin Blackmon
Poor_Franklin
10/10/11 4:12:48AM

1. Best Team In The Nation? Alabama/LSU (flip a coin)

2. Biggest Disappointment (Team)?might not be biggest disappointment, bc many knew they were overrated, but my Miss St Bulldogs began season ranked & is 0-3 in the conference & their only 3 wins are at Memphis, a 26-20 OT win over LA Tech & a win over UAB when UAB was leading 3-0 at the half.

3. Heisman Frontrunner? Russell Wilson

4. Best QB? Russel Wilson

5. Best RB? Trent Richardson

prophecy033
10/10/11 2:59:50PM
1. Best Team In The Nation? Alabama. Their defense could be a top 10 in the NFL

2. Biggest Disappointment (Team)? Florida State. These guys are just underachieving

3. Heisman Frontrunner? Andrew Luck. Beast, period

4. Best QB? Andrew Luck. See #3

5. Best RB? LaMichael James. He does it all. 3 straight 200+ yard rushing games in a row. Just hope his elbow doesn't hold him out

6. Best WR? Justin Blackmon. I really like this dude
BlueSkiesBurn
10/10/11 4:49:34PM

Posted by prophecy033

1. Best Team In The Nation? Alabama. Their defense could be a top 10 in the NFL

2. Biggest Disappointment (Team)? Florida State. These guys are just underachieving

3. Heisman Frontrunner? Andrew Luck. Beast, period

4. Best QB? Andrew Luck. See #3

5. Best RB? LaMichael James. He does it all. 3 straight 200+ yard rushing games in a row. Just hope his elbow doesn't hold him out

6. Best WR? Justin Blackmon. I really like this dude

James popped his elbow back into place himself on the field. When I heard that well...well, first I puked, but I was shocked and impressed.

I can't believe that absolutely nobody is giving it up for Robert Woods. Everyone keeps saying Justin Blackmon. I'm a little shocked. Blackmon is good, but Woods is the best receiver in the nation right now.

Woods is currently averaging 203 total yards per game this year. Catching about 15 balls per game, too.

For those of you who think Blackmon is the best, maybe you haven't seen Robert Woods from USC, but here's some fun numbers for you.

Not counting this past weekend (it wouldn't have mattered, none of them came close to catching Woods), here are the stats.

Woods: 747 yards & 6 TD's

Ryan Broyles from Oklahoma: 476 yards & 6 TD's

Michael Floyd from Notre Dame: 561 yards & 3 TD's

Justin Blackmon: 450 yards & 4 TD's

Jordan White from Western Michigan: 668 yards & 5 TD's (That's counting his game against Michigan that doesn't actually count, per the NCAA, toward statistics because it was called in the 3rd quarter due to inclement weather)

Robert Woods is on pace to hit 1,792 yards and 14 touchdowns this year.

I'm not trying to be a USC homer here, but how can anyone say that he's better than Woods when Woods is statistically destroying every receiver in the NCAA?
gartface
10/11/11 8:37:11AM

LSU. I've watched them and Alabama play a couple times, and I feel like LSU has dominated more. It really is a coin flip though. That should be the national championship.

This has to come from the state of Florida. Florida State has probably been a little more disappointing, but the Gators haven't really been much to write home about either.

Personal disappointment though, Auburn

3. Heisman Frontrunner?
Robert Griffin III

4. Best QB?
Robert Griffin III

5. Best RB?
Trent Richardson/Marcus Lattimore

6. Best WR?
Statistics wise, or skill wise? Stats, sure Woods, but skill wise, in my opinion, the best wide receiver in the country is Alshon Jeffrey. He's an absolute stud.

Poor_Franklin
10/12/11 1:03:07AM

Posted by gartface

but skill wise, in my opinion, the best wide receiver in the country is Alshon Jeffrey. He's an absolute stud.

BlueSkiesBurn
10/12/11 1:18:38AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by gartface

but skill wise, in my opinion, the best wide receiver in the country is Alshon Jeffrey. He's an absolute stud.

I don't even agree with that. Skill-wise, I'd have Justin Blackmon ahead of Alshon Jeffrey. Hell, I'd have Juron Criner ahead of Alshon Jeffrey.

Plain and simple, Robert Woods is only a sophomore and the dude is making guys look silly even when's he's being double covered. Dollar for dollar, Woods is the best in the country. I encourage everyone to watch the Thursday night game this week.

Watch him against Cal.
gartface
10/12/11 8:12:57AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by gartface

I don't even agree with that. Skill-wise, I'd have Justin Blackmon ahead of Alshon Jeffrey. Hell, I'd have Juron Criner ahead of Alshon Jeffrey.

Plain and simple, Robert Woods is only a sophomore and the dude is making guys look silly even when's he's being double covered. Dollar for dollar, Woods is the best in the country. I encourage everyone to watch the Thursday night game this week.

Watch him against Cal.

Give Alshon Jeffrey a quarterback like Matt Barkley, Nick Foles or Brandon Weeden and I'm sure he would put up a ridiculous stat line. He's had to deal with Stealin Garcia the past few years.
ChrisSabal
10/12/11 8:32:37AM

LSU. They, at the time when they played those teams, beat 4 ranked teams and really not one of those games were close.

FSU. Started off with such high expectations, which personally I didn't see why, and fell of the face of the college football earth.

3. Heisman Frontrunner?

Robert Griffin III. Absolutely just a fun player to watch but he also has thrown for 19 TDs and only 1 interception. Leading Baylor to a 4 and 1 record as well. Also has 2 rushing touchdowns.

4. Best QB?

Andrew Luck. Really don't need an argument here. It is Andrew Luck.

5. Best RB?

LaMichael James. Only has played 5 games with 95 rushes and he is 2nd in rushing yards in all of the FBS.

6. Best WR?

Michael Floyd. Averaging about 12 yards a catch and just about 110 yards a game. With 4 touchdowns.
Poor_Franklin
10/15/11 3:17:33PM
alshon jeffery played like crap today