Colin Fletcher announces UFC release.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Colin Fletcher announces UFC release.
JLS1980
4/8/13 11:14:50AM
TUF: The Smashes lightweight runner-up Colin Fletcher is no longer with the UFC following a loss to Mike Ricci at UFC 158.

The first cut casualty of UFC 158 has been announced. Lightweight Colin Fletcher announced on Twitter that he's been released from the UFC after just two fights.

Link
jjeans
4/8/13 11:23:46AM
This is the reason I didn't wanna see Ricci/Fletcher, cause the loser was gonna get cut.

That said BJJ isn't that effective in high level MMA, he got out wrestled by Parke and was involved in a close stand up battle with Ricci. He isn't quite UFC Calibre. His self promotion is heaps and bounds above other UFC fighters but it won't be enough to keep him in the UFC.
I couldn't name a good match-up for him in the UFC 155 division but there are plenty of big name UK Fighters I'd love to see him fight.

Sinclair
Sass
Warburton
Etim
Winner

Heck BAMMA Should start signing some 155 UK guys and try to do an 8 man tournament. It'd sell. It's just BAMMA struggles to do more than 2 fight cards a year
Goatenstein
4/8/13 11:30:46AM

Posted by JLS1980

TUF: The Smashes lightweight runner-up Colin Fletcher is no longer with the UFC following a loss to Mike Ricci at UFC 158.

The first cut casualty of UFC 158 has been announced. Lightweight Colin Fletcher announced on Twitter that he's been released from the UFC after just two fights.

Just two awful performances where he was dominated by the simplest of game plans.
Bubbles
4/8/13 11:50:29AM
I honestly thought he was very fortunate to even make it to the finale. Had Sotirolpolous not picked a BW to fight him, Freakshow would not have won the semis
oForrestGriffino
4/8/13 12:42:11PM
Ive never cared for the Freakshow and knew hed get cut. It was a fight sooner than I wouldve guessed tho.
pmoney
4/8/13 12:57:09PM
Damn I am disappointed to hear that news. Rabi and I got to interview Dr. Freakshow, and he was very cool to chat with. One of the best interviews we ever had. Hopefully he can get some more wins and get another shot.
sparky
4/8/13 1:50:52PM

I'm very dissapointed to hear this news. I was hoping the UFC would give him one more fight but, I guess it was bound to happen eventually.
prozacnation1978
4/8/13 2:29:16PM
I thought for sure he would get another fight
But two Ufc fights both main cards ain't bad
Goatenstein
4/8/13 2:55:38PM
He showed NOTHING in actual UFC fights. I'm not a hater but he's not UFC material.
Shawn91111
4/8/13 3:06:32PM

Posted by Goatenstein

He showed NOTHING in actual UFC fights. I'm not a hater but he's not UFC material.

Agreed
shaneTpain
4/8/13 8:59:38PM
Sad to see the Freakshow go cause he was my favorite fighter from the Smashes but the dude had no clue in the cage. He has to pay less attention to his crazy costumes & more attention to his game plans.