Coker: Hendo-Sobral Winner Likely Gets Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Coker: Hendo-Sobral Winner Likely Gets Title Shot
DCRage
11/2/10 8:48:51PM
As Dan Henderson and Renato Sobral get ready for their rematch as the main event of the upcoming Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu II show in December, the promotion has thrown a little bonus on board. The winner will get a shot at Rafael Cavalcante (Feijao) and the Strikeforce light heavyweight championship. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker confirmed the news when appearing on MMAWeekly Radio Monday night. “Right now my feeling is Dan Henderson fights Babalu, the winner should be fighting Rafael Feijao,” said Coker. “To me I think the winner will probably be granted a title shot.”

Article
tcunningham
11/2/10 9:40:36PM
i would have to agree. i think they both deserve a title shot. hendo lost to sheilds but hes still very dangerous. and IMO babalu is whole different fighter than he was when he fought liddel in the ufc.
Twenty20Dollars
11/2/10 11:26:28PM
who the eff is fighting in what weight division seriously i hear MW or LHW or MW or LHW
Boo_Radley21
11/3/10 12:08:01AM
Go Babalu!!!!
fonduktoe
11/3/10 2:05:23AM
strikeforce should just drop weight classes and recycle the same 10 fighters in a catch weight free for all (watch the tumbleweed roll).
jae_1833
11/3/10 2:51:01AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

who the eff is fighting in what weight division seriously i hear MW or LHW or MW or LHW

It's definately a LHW bout.....Babalu has a real chance at this if he can avoid the big right hand. I think this just kind of shows how shallow the SF LHW Div is too, maybe they should sign Irvin vs Jardine, Houston, Prangley and Sokodjou as well....at least then they would have a stable of guys in the weight division to set up more fights, they need quantity badly.
prozacnation1978
11/3/10 4:49:19PM
Likely next title shot?? That's funny!!! Strikeforce has no one else!!!