Who will be the coaches first picks?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who will be the coaches first picks?
Jackelope
9/25/08 11:30:09PM
My thoughts-

Frank Mir-

1) Krysztof Soszynski (or however the hell you spell it)
2) Junie Browning

Big Nog-

1) Ryan Bader
2) Efrain Escudero

What about you guys?
Lord_Lenny
9/25/08 11:35:22PM
Nogueria really seemed to really like Bader, it would surprise me if he didnt pick him top 2
DevonFoxy
9/25/08 11:36:43PM
I think you have the number ones right but I could see Phillipe Nover going after Junie. I think those are the 4 best fighters personally so I'm just going off that.
Jackelope
9/25/08 11:46:53PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Nogueria really seemed to really like Bader, it would surprise me if he didnt pick him top 2

Yeah, that was my thinking in writing Bader for Nog's first pick. I think Nog could teach him a whole hell of a lot, but to be honest I'd rather see him work his striking a bit more if he's going to win the show. Mark my words in saying that no one on the show will be able to out-wrestle Bader. That is, unless Jimmo makes it back in somehow
jiujitsufreak74
9/25/08 11:47:54PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Yeah, that was my thinking in writing Bader for Nog's first pick. I think Nog could teach him a whole hell of a lot, but to be honest I'd rather see him work his striking a bit more if he's going to win the show. Mark my words in saying that no one on the show will be able to out-wrestle Bader. That is, unless Jimmo makes it back in somehow

is Bader at ACS?
Jackelope
9/26/08 12:01:36AM
Yeah, but just go look at videos of his wrestling matches online. The man is a phenomenal wrestler and athlete in general. He works hard as hell, too. He's absolutely BEAST for 205 lbs. One of the biggest 205 lb fighters I've ever seen
Lord_Lenny
9/26/08 12:02:55AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Yeah, thats one reason i'd like to see him with Nog, seeing as how he has the better standup of the two coaches, and coaches like Anderson and Lyoto never hurt either. I do see them trying to turn him into a Paulo Fihlo-like fighter during the course of the show
mrkennedy
9/26/08 12:11:54AM
Team Mir

1)Junie Browning
2)Krysztof Soszynski

Team Nog

1)Ryan Bader
2)Shane Nelson
Sensoria
9/26/08 12:49:40AM
Team Mir
1) Junie Browning
2) Phillipe Nover
Team Nog
1) Efrain Escudero
2) Ryan Bader

I think the best fighters on this current show are apparently this early. MosTrue.
Jackelope
9/26/08 2:37:08AM
If Sosynzski ends up a 3rd round or later pick I'll eat my fricken shoe.
mrkennedy
9/27/08 1:30:36AM
TEAM NOG

1)Ryan Bader
3)Efrain Escudero
5)Vinny Magalhes
7)Phillipe Nover
9)Tom Lawlor
11)John Polakowski
13)Karn Grigoryan
15)Brian McLaughlin

TEAM MIR