Another clue to how great Machida is

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Another clue to how great Machida is
Next Page »
MoJoy
7/7/08 7:43:01PM
Take a look at both of Forrest Griffin's fight against Stephan Bonner, then look at Machida against Bonner. Forrest Griffin is no joke, no brainer top 10 LHW, right now hes even top 5. He had every round in both fights against Bonner very close, and barely edged him out. Machida fought Bonner very early in Machida's career. Even at that beginning point he utterly dominated. Their was no running. He stood toe to toe with Bonner, Bonner could not touch him. Repeat he was not evan being elusive as he brilliantly has in some fight, he was standing direcly in front of Bonner, and still was not getting hit. And he was beating the shit out of Bonner, and how was not even as good as he is now. It ended with either his corner throwing in the towel or the ref stopping it. Watch the fight. I know comparisons like this dont always add up but to me its very telling. And the fact that Tito fought Lyoto shows you how talented Lyoto is. Dana hates Tito, and made sure this was the specific guy he would fight, cause he knows Lyoto would defintely win, and win convincingly. Dana would not let anybody else fight Tito cause Tito would have a great shot of winning. Tito was matched up against this guy cause people in the know, know he is truly an incredible fighter.
joshryanshepherd
7/7/08 7:46:29PM
yeah that was confusing as f**k!!

lyoto is good but not a "WOW!!" guy...
mkiv9secsupra
7/7/08 7:48:58PM
GSP only went to a decision with BJ Penn
Matt Hughes finished BJ

so obviously Hughes is better than GSP.. styles make fights

now seriously stop ranting about how GREAT and MAGNIFICENT you think he is in an endless count of posts and topics. We got it you like him but no one else wants to hear dumb ass reasons why you think that.....THE END
stock
7/7/08 8:13:03PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Matt Hughes finished BJ

now seriously stop ranting about how GREAT and MAGNIFICENT you think he is in an endless count of posts and topics. We got it you like him but no one else wants to hear dumb ass reasons why you think that.....THE END

What's with the animosity here?

I come on here every day to see countless threads about BJ, Hughes, GSP, Fedor, and many others.
So a guy really likes Machida and wants to post about him. Who cares? Feel free to just ignore the threads you don't care about.
mkiv9secsupra
7/7/08 8:17:55PM

Posted by stock

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Matt Hughes finished BJ

What's with the animosity here?

I come on here every day to see countless threads about BJ, Hughes, GSP, Fedor, and many others.
So a guy really likes Machida and wants to post about him. Who cares? Feel free to just ignore the threads you don't care about.

haha i dont mind seeing threads daily but hes posted about 429.849 posts today alone about how Machida is great.........Thats annoying
RandyCouture
7/7/08 9:23:50PM
I can wait till somebody knocks Machida Block off so i dont have to see 15 posts about how great he is even though he hasn't fought anybody good in the ufc yet.
missypie
7/7/08 9:28:45PM

Posted by RandyCouture

I can wait till somebody knocks Machida Block off so i dont have to see 15 posts about how great he is even though he hasn't fought anybody good in the ufc yet.

.....you're clueless.
CCPRIDE99
7/7/08 9:29:34PM

Posted by RandyCouture

tito ortiz, soko, sam hoger, david heath, bonnar, franklin, bj penn.....

and btw he beat the hell out of all of them and did it very easily
joshryanshepherd
7/7/08 9:34:09PM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

Posted by RandyCouture

tito ortiz, soko, sam hoger, david heath, bonnar, franklin, blow-job penn.....

please dont ever call him blow job
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/7/08 9:42:17PM
mojoy i thoroughly enjoy and agree with your posts. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lying or delusional. im still waiting for fonduktoe to come in here and bash machida.
rabbit915
7/7/08 10:03:44PM
I think Machida is better than forrest but the arguement that this is obvious from a comparision of both their fights is flawed. Forrest fought Bonnar several years ago and his game is far more advanced than it was in that fight. Look at his recent success. No way could he have beaten Rampage and Shogun still fighting like that.
MoJoy
7/7/08 10:29:31PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

mojoy i thoroughly enjoy and agree with your posts. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lying or delusional. im still waiting for fonduktoe to come in here and bash machida.

Thank You bro. We have our ways of viewing things. And the way I see it, Lyoto Machida is undeafeated, and undeafeted against amazing compitition and besides a fight with BJ Penn has dominated every opponent. If you dont realize that is first class and put him in line for a title shot I am not sure what fight you are watching.
sammyd1213
7/7/08 10:32:31PM
Machida is a very good fighter..the best LHW in the UFC...who knows..i would pick Wand and Shogun and Henderson over(along with others), but who knows what would happen..Machida hasnt lost yet..you have to give him that..
JimiMak
7/7/08 11:14:35PM
Machida has done more than anyone in the div as far as getting a title shot. He made Tito Ortiz look like a child.

Everyone else has a recent loss.
MoJoy
7/7/08 11:53:28PM
Yeah. He wins. But is also how he wins. He dominates. And he does it many different ways.
fonduktoe
7/8/08 2:00:49AM
this is a pretty silly thread
machida nuthugging is getting as redundant as machida bashing (of which i am guilty)
i personally can't stand his boring fight style but i have no qualms with people who want to voice their opinions
it just seems like some machida fans tend to overcompensate when they rush to his defense and mojoy and aNdErSoN silva are prime examples
machida is a good fighter (maybe too good)
i just find his fights boring and i don't want to be bored when i shell out for a ppv
to quote someone or other i believe he said "i do not agree with your opinion but i will defend to the death your right to have it"
just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a troll
MoJoy
7/8/08 2:16:29AM
Nah you dont understand. Everyone can have their own opinion. But you are characterizing a totally false assesment. I think he is the best LHW in world right now, you can feel the way you want, but you are wrong in how you describe him. Insulting him and the people he fights. Thats the difference.
fonduktoe
7/8/08 2:21:43AM

Posted by MoJoy

Nah you dont understand. Everyone can have their own opinion. But you are characterizing a totally false assesment. I think he is the best LHW in world right now, you can feel the way you want, but you are wrong in how you describe him. Insulting him and the people he fights. Thats the difference.

i'm not going to get into a metaphysical debate with a onesider
YOU'RE missing the point
opinions insult by defintion and if you get bent out of shape every time someone disagrees with you than i hope you have a good cardiologist
MoJoy
7/8/08 2:33:08AM
Go back and read the posts. It is obvious and clear what you said. Dont try to ease up to not get called out. If you dont want to conitinually get called out, dont make such outlandish statements. Some of the stuff you said about Machida and the guys he has fought are mis characterization.
fonduktoe
7/8/08 2:40:24AM

Posted by MoJoy

Go back and read the posts. It is obvious and clear what you said. Dont try to ease up to not get called out. If you dont want to conitinually get called out, dont make such outlandish statements. Some of the stuff you said about Machida and the guys he has fought are mis characterization.

you obviously don't understand some of the words you are using because if you knew what it was to be subjective than you would stop attacking people who disagree with you
i stand by my fight and fighter OPINIONS!!
sammyd1213
7/8/08 2:51:46AM
fonduktoe your not right in this argument..stop now please...
mikevolz
7/8/08 2:54:37AM
The most intriguing thing about machida to me is his situation with anderson silva. Now i feel machida is easily small enough to make 185 without to many hardships. But anderson silva one of his best friends is holding the belt, and possibly moving up to 205 to take on that belt. where does that leave machida? would he be a gatekeeper to anderson silva? sort of like shogun to wanderlei, or even franklin to silva?

i personally think anderson silva won't take the 205 belt, because of machida being the champion or eventual contender for it (3 guys from the same team as world champions....) and i think machida would beat anybody in the 205 division. his hardest fight would potentially be an aggressive rampage who could check leg kicks.

i don't think wanderlei silva has the chin, or size to run through machida.

sammyd1213
7/8/08 2:58:27AM

Posted by mikevolz

I believe that Wand would be able to run through Machida. One day were gonna get to see what will happen when they fight. And I cant wait for that day.
MoJoy
7/8/08 10:14:44AM

Posted by mikevolz

The most intriguing thing about machida to me is his situation with anderson silva. Now i feel machida is easily small enough to make 185 without to many hardships. But anderson silva one of his best friends is holding the belt, and possibly moving up to 205 to take on that belt. where does that leave machida? would he be a gatekeeper to anderson silva? sort of like shogun to wanderlei, or even franklin to silva?

i personally think anderson silva won't take the 205 belt, because of machida being the champion or eventual contender for it (3 guys from the same team as world champions....) and i think machida would beat anybody in the 205 division. his hardest fight would potentially be an aggressive rampage who could check leg kicks.

Great point. I wanna see Machida get a title shot, but I also wanna see him fight Wandy so he can shut people up. Wandy has almost no shot against Machida. You saw how much trouble he had with Chuck Liddell's defense, Machida's is infinetly better. Dont give me this talk of his clinch. He could not clinch with Chuck, pipe dream to clinch with Machida. Machida would make him look horrible.
DevonFoxy
7/8/08 10:24:45AM
The only thing that worries me about Machida is that Tri-angle that Ortiz got him in. I know Rogan says Tito's ground game is underrated but still I mean no one can say its on par with a guy like a Babalu or a Shogun. If Renato was still in the UFC I think that would be a pretty good test for him.Yea Machida beat BJ whose BJJ is legendary but lets be honest the weight difference is even too much for BJ. I agree he probably has earned a title shot but I still think Rampage deserves a re-match.
Shogun would be another fight that would be interesting because if it went to the ground I would worry about Machida's submission D.
CCPRIDE99
7/8/08 4:29:41PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

The only thing that worries me about Machida is that Tri-angle that Ortiz got him in. I know Rogan says Tito's ground game is underrated but still I mean no one can say its on par with a guy like a Babalu or a Shogun. If Renato was still in the UFC I think that would be a pretty good test for him.Yea Machida beat BJ whose BJJ is legendary but lets be honest the weight difference is even too much for BJ. I agree he probably has earned a title shot but I still think Rampage deserves a re-match.
Shogun would be another fight that would be interesting because if it went to the ground I would worry if Machida's submission D.

Penns
his ground game is overrated
as is he
Pookie
7/8/08 4:37:18PM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

Posted by DevonFoxy

Shogun would be another fight that would be interesting because if it went to the ground I would worry if Machida's submission D.

**** blow-job
as is he

This is a no-no , bad
DevonFoxy
7/8/08 4:43:10PM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

Posted by DevonFoxy

**** blow-job
as is he

Your entitled to your opinion Sir but I don't think calling a guy who trained BJJ for three years and went on to be the first American to win the World Jiu-Jitsu Championships to have an overrated ground game.

This is also called Fighter bashing and if you didn't know you now know that is not aloud.
CCPRIDE99
7/9/08 4:03:52PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by CCPRIDE99

Posted by DevonFoxy

**** blow-job
as is he

Your entitled to your opinion Sir but I don't think calling a guy who trained BJJ for three years and went on to be the first American to win the World Jiu-Jitsu Championships to have an overrated ground game.

This is also called Fighter bashing and if you didn't know you now know that is not aloud.

oh but everybody can sit here and bash machida?
i dont believe i was bashing him
i was just telling what i think about him and why i think that way
chickmagnet
7/10/08 7:27:03PM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

Posted by RandyCouture

tito ortiz, soko, sam hoger, david heath, bonnar, franklin, blow-job penn.....

Dude.
Pages: [1] 2