If not cleared to fight by June, Bellator's Brian Foster vows retirement

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » If not cleared to fight by June, Bellator's Brian Foster vows retirement
sparky
3/26/12 9:44:20PM
Brian Foster said he's in the best shape of his life and he's never felt better.

Unfortunately, a paperwork snafu dredged up his past and brought to nothing the 12 weeks of work he put in for his since-postponed Bellator debut.

Now, the fighter told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he will retire if doesn't fight by June.

"I'm not going to give to a sport that's just not giving back to me," Foster (18-5 MMA, 0-0 BFC) said.

Foster was scheduled to appear in Bellator's season-six welterweight tournament, which kicks off Friday at Bellator 63. But Jordan Smith replaced him when the Mohegan Sun Commission declined him clearance for the MTV2-televised event, which takes place at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. Smith meets Foster's original opponent, David Rickels.

Foster said he is medically cleared to fight, but the paperwork proving so didn't get to the commission in time.

Link
Budgellism
3/26/12 9:54:20PM
Twenty20Dollars
3/26/12 10:27:56PM
He should get cleared, he did for his two other fights for CW's.
DrivenDavies15
3/26/12 10:34:59PM
Really hope he doesn't retire, great fighter. But I understand what he means when he says the sport isn't giving back to him. Best of luck Foster!
Svartorm
3/27/12 11:01:37AM
I know I say this every time someone writes about him, but Foster is amazing. Hands down, the greatest offensive fighter I've ever seen. That doesn't mean he'll win every fight, but he has the potential to beat absolutely anyone.
Chael_Sonnen
3/27/12 2:53:50PM
Absolutely love watching this kid fight! My favorite fighter not named Chael to watch