Clay Guida vs. Roger Huerta Targeted for December’s “TUF” Finale

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Clay Guida vs. Roger Huerta Targeted for December’s “TUF” Finale
szucconi
9/26/07 1:05:44PM
MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that UFC and Spike TV officials are working on a Clay Guida vs. Roger Huerta fight that would headline The Ultimate Fighter 6 Finale. The event takes place Dec. 8 at The Palms Las Vegas and airs on Spike TV.

HERE
nickcuc547
9/26/07 1:15:57PM
awesome, we will get to see if huerta is the real deal, this is going to be a fast paced war. with that said i have to go with guida, he has more big fight experience and is a little less wild.
NME
9/26/07 1:30:13PM

Posted by szucconi

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that UFC and Spike TV officials are working on a Clay Guida vs. Roger Huerta fight that would headline The Ultimate Fighter 6 Finale. The event takes place Dec. 8 at The Palms Las Vegas and airs on Spike TV.

HERE

Just for the record, Fight Nights and TUF Finales are under the same umbrella in my mind.
Ydoc
9/26/07 1:31:23PM
Guida by being a tested fighter.
szucconi
9/26/07 1:39:48PM

Posted by NME

Posted by szucconi

HERE

Just for the record, Fight Nights and TUF Finales are under the same umbrella in my mind.

Yes, I know you gave me this info like two weeks ago. Now it is out from another source that isn't Frank Trigg and that is important. But, credit where credit is due.

Note to all: NME told me this way before mmajunkie had the story. He said it would be at a fight night in Dec. The deal is being worked on. That is plenty close enough for me. Props to you sir.
silverbullet
9/26/07 1:51:09PM
Guida will take this one
NME
9/26/07 1:58:48PM

Posted by szucconi
Yes, I know you gave me this info like two weeks ago. Now it is out from another source that isn't Frank Trigg and that is important. But, credit where credit is due.

Hey, Frank Trigg, Potbelly, and Porkchop have nothing to do with this conversation.
szucconi
9/26/07 2:06:40PM

Posted by NME

Posted by szucconi

Hey, Frank Trigg, Potbelly, and Porkchop have nothing to do with this conversation.

Thats not what your mamma was saying last night!

But really, this will be a great fight. Guida will show him what for. I have Guida by homicide in the 2nd round.
backalley101
9/26/07 3:42:37PM
Huerta will get beaten this time
babalu2720
9/26/07 3:44:58PM
Guida by split decision...Guida will probaly dominate but since Huerta is a posterboy 1 judge will do Dana a favor and give the decision to Huerta
GrandMaster313
9/26/07 4:49:07PM

Posted by nickcuc547

awesome, we will get to see if huerta is the real deal, this is going to be a fast paced war. with that said i have to go with guida, he has more big fight experience and is a little less wild.

Huerta will destroy him..............(Bias oppinion)
loonytnt
9/26/07 6:08:31PM
this is going be a great fight, and imo clay is going kill roger, roger has fought lower class guys and clay is going show that roger is not as good as he looks
jgordon85
9/26/07 6:08:41PM

Posted by babalu2720

Guida by split decision...Guida will probaly dominate but since Huerta is a posterboy 1 judge will do Dana a favor and give the decision to Huerta

i always thought that. that dana tells the judges something or to favor a fighter. but this dude always gets pissed when people say that and he says he has nothing to do with it.
dana white said that huerta will get a title shot in year if he continues to win.
bezun
9/26/07 6:29:53PM

Posted by jgordon85

Posted by babalu2720

i always thought that. that dana tells the judges something or to favor a fighter. but this dude always gets pissed when people say that and he says he has nothing to do with it.
dana white said that huerta will get a title shot in year if he continues to win.

If he continues to fight against these fighters he has been getting and he gets a shot at the champ, I say bj will make his elbow bend the wrong way. Huerta has proven nothing in my eyes. As i have said in the past: Huerta is being built up with worthless wins so the ufc can gain hispanic fans and thereby expanding southh of the border. Same goes with bisping. Why not put these two up against top tier fighters. The ufc has built their records up to the point that the numbers are as impressive as some of these elite goons they are giving title shots. Are they waiting until the 20 win mark before they give them top opponents? Okay, i'm done. sorry about that.
DevMahon
9/26/07 6:40:42PM
They're not worthless opponents, they're just unknown oppenents. I mean, seriously, has no one learned ANYTHING from this past year? How many upsets do you have to see before you finally get that there aren't any gimmes. Do I think that Huerta needs a step up in competition; yes, I do. But I don't discount all of his wins just because they were against guys who were making their debuts. He still won, and won convincingly, time and time again. Guida's relentless, and he'll be a good barometer for where Huerta is at. Until then, cut the man some slack- he doesn't choose who he fights.
bezun
9/26/07 7:09:03PM
Dude i understand, however any of the guys that he has fought would not be pulling an upset if they won because huerta is not as good as we are to believe based on his opponents. I'm sure there is a valid reason they aren't giving him hard competition, but it looks like they are setting him up so they appeal to a newer audience in hopes of expanding. You said it, his fights have been against people debuting. Are we to believe that by beating the likes of crane, garcia, dent, camacho, swift, evans and 'maybe beating halverson, he is in lline for a title. This man has something to prove before he can be taken seriously as a contender.
jae_1833
9/26/07 10:58:00PM
I think Huerta is a stand up guy...he recently beat 2 well known fighters outside of the MMA world, one was known for his BJJ and the other is known for his wrestling. Evans is a 7-time Alaska State Freestyle and Greco Roman wrestling champ, and Alberto Crane is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt who’s has been training Jiu-Jitsu for 12 years and has trained at the world famous Gracie Barra academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Alberto is a former world Jiu-Jitsu champion as well as the former “King Of The Cage” lightweight champion.Jiu-Jitsu: 2002 World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion (Mundials), 3 time Brazilian National Jiu-Jitsu Champion, 99 Silver World Championship medalist (Mundials), 98 Bronze World Championship medalist (Mundials)Submission Wrestling: Grapplers Quest Champion, Pan American Champion, 2 time Best of the West Champion, Abu Dhabi Veteran.

So to say they aren't good fighter's is total BS!! They just aren't as famous and popular as Clay Guida....who has fought a man named Clay Guidiola according to Sherdog. This guy just appeared, lost to Clay and dissappeared...because he never existed!! I can't like anyone who has immaginary opponents count towards his professional record!!!
bezun
9/27/07 12:27:30PM

Posted by bezun

Posted by jgordon85

Posted by babalu2720

If he continues to fight against these fighters he has been getting and he gets a shot at the champ, I say bj will make his elbow bend the wrong way. Huerta has proven nothing in my eyes. As i have said in the past: Huerta is being built up with worthless wins so the ufc can gain hispanic fans and thereby expanding southh of the border. Same goes with bisping. Why not put these two up against top tier fighters. The ufc has built their records up to the point that the numbers are as impressive as some of these elite goons they are giving title shots. Are they waiting until the 20 win mark before they give them top opponents? Okay, i'm done. sorry about that.

This back me up. the quote is from the sherdog article about mma and mexico
"Currently the promotion is banking on one fighter to attract Mexican fans: Roger Huerta (Pictures). Huerta has the tools necessary to break into the Hispanic mainstream. He has model good looks, speaks perfect Spanish and most importantly he is what Mexicans call a "fajador." In boxing terms, "fajador" loosely translates to brawler, an important ingredient when looking for acceptance in the Hispanic market".
Agreed?
rockernhb
9/28/07 1:39:55AM
Can't wait, can't f-ing wait. Hope Huerta does well but wouldn't be hurt if Guida took off with it either. Should be a great fight...